Vauxhall Vectra Online Custom Skin Compatible Edition

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
Vauxhall Vectra Steam online custom skin compatible edition for GTR Evolution/Race 07.
Many have the Crowne Plaza Raceway Demo/Add-on installed to give them the Crowne Plaza Raceway Track and Vauxhall Vectra.
Now, the next thing was that we wanted to have custom skins but these won't work with the Vectra from the Demo.
What I have done is add in a second car model "Vauxhall Vectra 2007" to the WTCC 2007 Vauxhall Manufacturer. You will now see two cars to choose from. The "Vectra" and the "Vauxhall Vectra 2007", the second being the one that skins now work with.

Please read the ReadMe.txt about checking your custom skin .ini files having the right model.

Download my latest version v1.50 (updated 2nd September 2008)

Vauxhall Vectra Online Custom Skin Compatible Edit

This is not a true mod as such. This is all the Simbin files extracted and then reorganised and restructured to allow the use of custom skins. All performance characteristics are exactly the same as the demo/add-on version.

Version 1.50 release to fix online server issue since GTR Evo release.

Above link will take you to the new version...

Both Server and Client need to update to this version...

I talked this over alot with the NoGrip admin before they let it be released on there site. I have not edited or converted the data, I have added files to add skinning to the Vectra. If you look at the Simbin files are still locked/encrypted. This is not a conversion.

NoGrips terms for uploading: Conversion Permissions - NoGripRacing

Thanks for the link to NG upload rules Gunthar.
Unfortunately, these don't work too well. We have experienced recent examples of people posting illegal mods or cheating mods at NG, and after some follow up we find that an "approved" uploader can post without having the files vetted. To reach the "approved" level, I understand that they simply have to have uploaded a minimum number of files. I may have that not totally correct but certainly these files are getting into their database unchecked.

Also, the policy doesn't adequately cover these cheating mods, ie modded files that can be used on-line undetected, resulting in major cheating issues.

As a result, I don't believe we can fully trust NG to maintain a database of only "legal" files.

BTW, I am well aware of your recent mods and fully understand that you are trying to do the right thing with them. Unfortunately, others around you are ruining it for honest modders.

Hi Warren,

I know about the cheating issue, and hate this too. I have tried to test the cheat proof level of this car. I found that if the files didn't match the servers exactly, you got the boot... I maybe wrong and that there is a way around this...

Re NG, I didn't want a ban stick so asked the admins first before upping the files. It took about a week to decide that this wasn't a conversion blah blah... then I released it.

FYI. I have just emailed Simbin too ...

np, as per what Simbin just posted to RD with regards to illegal conversions etc, I only what to improved their product. No rip off their work and port it to some other sim and take the credit with them missing out on their well earned money...

I still have a problem being able to select a custom skin when joining an online server. Only Giovanardi's car comes up. Any ideas? (I've applied your update Gunthar)

can you please cut and paste the skin's .ini file text here and I'll look to see what the problem is....

Should be something like this:

[[[Bastos Team]]]

[[Oscar S. Rocha Silva]]
[Vauxhall Vectra 2007]
Body=Bastos # 2 Body.dds
windows=Bastos # 2 Window.dds
Ext_Driver=Bastos # 2 Driver.dds
Helmet=Bastos # 2 HELMET.dds
MenuFlag=Portugal flag.tga
IngameFlag=Portugal.tga

Here you go:

[[[888 Racing]]]

[[John Cleland]]
[vauxhall Vectra 2007]
Body=Vauxhall_Vectra_body1.dds
windows=Vauxhall_vectra_windows.dds
interiorwindow=Vauxhall_vectra_cpit01.dds
Driver=Int Driving suit.dds
Ext_Driver=Ext Driving suit.dds
Helmet=Helmet Type2.dds
MenuImage=
MenuFlag=MenuButton_Medium_FlagIcon_MouseOver_UnitedKingdom.tga
IngameFlag=HUD_DriverName_CountryFlag_UnitedKingdom.tga

ok, that looks fine, seems like they have used a GTR2 skin and converted it...

Can you give me a link to the skin and I'll have a look to see if it's the skin or something else...

I have both of these working fine. The 888 Racing skin needs to be extracted to a folder (I used "Vauxhall 888 Racing" ) in your CustomSkins folder...

So, to start fresh, can you get the skins to load on your system and others can't see them online or are you unable to get them to load on your system?

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2008-10-24 10-45-34-22.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-10-24 10-45-34-22.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 248

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%