RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Lot's of Lessons learned.

Qualified 6th due to the good fortune of getting my laps in before it started raining.

Good start moved to 5th, kept it together for 3 laps and then successive errors in laps 4-9 dropped me to 9th. Then I got it back together and moved up to 7th for laps 10-14. Until it came time to pit. I didn't know where the &*&*(&*( pit entrance was located!!!!!

Panicked and on empty, I ended up entering illegally @ the second entrance cutting someone off (sorry). I couldn't find my pit stall and got disqualified for aimlessly wandering like an idiot around the pits. An embarrassing finish to an otherwise fun day!! I'll not make that mistake again. There are so many others for me to try. :rotfl::rotfl:

Lots o' fun. Thanks to all. Congrats to Mitch.

I turned up really late due to PC problems and didnt have no practice what so ever.

Qualifying:
I turned up with 4 minutes to go in qualifying. I did 1 lap and spun at eau rouge and thought never mind. So I qaulified last with no time at all.

Race:
Well ahd a good start but someone in front of me backed off completly on the start line and i didnt no what to do so in the end took him. Then Matt spun so i took him on the inside of the fast left handers. But I knew he was quicker so let him take me at the hairpin as I wanted to kepe me nose clean. Then into the complex after the long staright sean spun and I think I might have hit him as he was spinning in the middle of the track but I had no where to go. after a few people comign off and making mistakes I got myself into 5th. After that on my own till I spun alowwing marcel past. everyone pitted before em allowing me to get a few fast laps in till I come off the track at thefast left handers. But when I came out I was in 4th. I put way too much fuel in and i thought that slowed me down alot and in the end after a few scares finished 7-8 seconds from peter in 4th position. My best RD finish.

Would like to thank Timmy for organising this event and i really enjoyed it. These cars and track are heaven and really tuff to drive fast on the limit.

Also Well done to Mitch and podium finishers.

I had an absolute blast in these cars last night. Thanks to all who participated!

Race 1: Started in 6th place (about 6 up from where I expected) and held that position for the first series of corners. There was an issue during our first visit to the hairpin which saw me gain a couple of spots into 4th. Grant opened the door on the last chicane (and firmly closed it) which allowed me to gain third poistion, for a whole 3 seconds! Michael whizzed past (minus sound effects!) At about lap 3 I outbraked myself into the hairpin which saw me go off, into the gravel. A poor re-entry by myself and great skill from Piotrek saw the gap close to mm. I made the choice to allow Piotrek past to address the poor re-entry only to gain the spot back on the next race. Special thanks to Grant and Piotrek for intense and clean battles. Finish spot: 4th!

Race 2: Started in 5th spot on the grid. An eventful start saw a couple of nudges as the leaders swapped paint. Fortunately, nothing major. Saw an opportunity as Warren drifted sideways and allowed me to get under him. We ran virtually side by side through a copule of corners before the final chicane where I had the inside line. An incident on lap 2 saw me drop to 10th... Fight back time! Lap 4 I hit Steve hard going into the hairpin. So sorry Steve, I hope the damage wasn't too great. Lap 10 saw me pass Piotrek as he slowed (what happened Piotrek?) to take 5th where I stayed until the end of the race.

Thanks to those who stuck it out and made it to the finish line. See you next week!

Nice photos Bill, too bad there were no races going on.
I will be driving Yves's Bastos Seat Leon. DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• seat%20bastos_Z90.jpg
    seat%20bastos_Z90.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 212
Well that was a pretty average race from me last night.

Qual - Did well and managed to get 3rd (I am really beginning to hate those astons. Not the drivers, the cars.)

Race 1 - Got a good jump off the line and got into 2nd place. After the incident at the hairpin I was in 5th. A coming together of Grant and (Cam?) gifted me 3rd and then I had to chase down Warren to finsh 2nd. Well done to Tyson who was just too quick and to Warren for a well placed 3rd.

Race 2 - Not such a good start this time and pretty much held position (7th) off the line. Slowly made my way up the grid (most due to others having moments) whilst trying to keep Tyson behind me. I finially got the lead off Rhys when he lost some speed coming off the final chichane and everything was looking good for a couple of laps, until I goofed in the final turn and met the outside wall head on. sigh. That wall and I are getting to know each other quite well now. :worship: Oh well, congrats to the podium for race 2.

Well, that was a total disaster!:disapointed::pissed-off::disapointed:

Got home from church late, and fell asleep. Woke up 10 min into quali, and as soon as I started to join, it started to rain. I ran my quali in heavy rain, and ended in 9th of 13 about 7 sec off my normal pace.:disapointed:

Go to warmup, and it is sunny and dry!:pissed-off::pissed-off:

The race starts, lots of traffic into Eau Rouge. Eric is ahead of Marcel with me following Marcel closely. Eric brakes in the left hand kink that enters the complex. Marcel brakes, and I am on the curbing. No grip when I brake, so I hit marcel in the rear quarter, and he spins off.:disapointed::disapointed::disapointed:
Marcel, I am really sorry for blowing your race like that! I looked at the replay, and I honestly don't know what I could have done to avoid you, but I am sorry that it happened.

I quick pull off to wait off the race line. I realize that I may be blocking Marcel, so I try to pull forward, and spin.:disapointed: Marcel gets going, and I follow well back. Now effectively last since Keith didn't make the start.

I follow Marcel around the first lap, going fairly well. Then in Eau Rouge, I lose it over the bump, and slam the wall.:pissed-off: Lose both the nose and the tail body pieces.:disapointed: I also broke the front right suspension. I ran around, and could not find the pit entrance.:pissed-off: Another lap with a broken car, and I miss the entrance again, going in the break on the front straight.:pissed-off::pissed-off: I come out again for another lap, and finally find the entrence. They fix the suspension, but not the body. Now I am two laps down, with no body panels.:disapointed:

I went back out and stuck with it. I was slowly closing the gap on the back guys, running low 2:18's even without body panels. I actually managed a couple of passes! I bet it looked really bizzare to get passed by this car with no body on it!:laugh2:

I ran mostly alone , with a couple of overtakes until the end of the race. I finished in 7th, 1 lap down I think. I actually managed a 2:17.8 with the body off!! :thumb: More grist for Bram's argument that setup does not matter!

Oh well, live and learn I guess. I did manage to really improve my knowledge of Spa this week. I started the week with high 2:18's, and finished with low 2:15's, so I made a lot of progress. This was my first real race with the Radical as well. They are fun, but demanding. Hopefully next week will go better.

Chris

ZandBanner.png

Wacky Sunday

This will be just for fun. You can choose any car you want from the list below and we blast around Zandvoort for laughs and to show off to the virtual crowd (who are all present in this track). We really want to see a big variety of cars for this, so let’s try to avoid everyone driving the fastest car.
Have a look at the car choices of those already signed up, and choose something different.

Please join the spirit of this event, it is not about winning.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US

Class:
WTCC 07/06/87
Caterhman200hp
GT Sport
GT Club
SR3205
SR4190
Production Audi/Viper/Koenigsegg/Gumpert
Mini

Track:Zandvoort '07
Weather:Wet!!! 70% rain
Practice:15mins @ 6:00PM EST/3:00PM PST (23:00GMT)
Qualification:45mins @ 6:15 EST/ 3:15PM PST (23:15GMT)
Warmup:10mins @ 7:00 EST / 4:00PM PST (00:00GMT)
Race:2x12laps @ 7:10PM EST/ 4:10PM PST (00:10GMT)

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.
Make sure to install the rain fix - rain fix link

Practice server for this event:
name= Wacky @ Zandvoort 07
password=sunday

Entrylist:
  1. Bob Luneski - TBD
  2. Eric Kaczmarek - Caterhman200hp
  3. Sean Vohs - TBD
  4. Marcel vd Aa -BMW Z4 GTR
  5. Niklas Vesterinen - TBD
  6. Adam Vaughan - TBD
  7. Matt Alpeter -GT Club Viper CC
  8. Péter Bártfai - Vertigo
  9. Timothy Miller - TBD
  10. Chris Vick - SR3 - skin
  11. Sam Beason - TBD
  12. João Andias - sr4-190
  13. Edenilson Penco
  14. Cristian Haba - Koenigsegg
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver

8th in quali

Race started and I did alright for a few laps, then lost it into eau rouge and hit the wall breaking my suspension. forgot to pit the next lap and spun off twice because of it. third time around I pit, fix my suspension, and tear off down the main straight. I think it was the lap following that, downshifting into les combe(??) I went down a few too many gears I think and my engine just cut out. Replay shows me going into first, but there's no way I did that. I normally go into 3rd :/

Thank you to everyone who showed up!! It was a great event!! 70mins with the Radicals was way more fun I expected it to be!! The rain coming and going was wicked!! Felt like a real event!!

Sorry Chris for braking a little early in T1 :( but seeing you fly around the track without any body work was hilarious!! You should post a shot of it here!!! I was laughing so hard I almost crashed!! hahah...

Thank you Tim for setting this up!!! :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back