RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This track was great with the Minis. Good choice Cam. It's a pity you couldn't make it.

Race 1 I managed to miss the lap 1 incident (quite miraculously on the replay), and had a long battle with Gunthar with some good close racing. I never quite got him, despite being on his bumper for a while. It was only a matter of time before the guys with the faster pace caught up after the incident. First was Luc, who passed when I got a bit too friendly with the back of Gunthar's car. Then came Michael Stead. I knew his style of diving into the inside of slow corners so I guarded the apexes and managed to come him off a bit, but unfortunately we had a coming together which ended both of our races. Not to worry...

Race 2 I got caught in the start line mess. I got a free visit next to the safety car in pit lane after being hit. Yes, I saw on the replay that a car just appeared on the grid, so mark this one down to the game. I had some good duels with Erik K, Ian Beech and Olaf, but couldn't quite catch up to Steve P in the latter half of the race.

Overall, I had some really good, close racing despite a couple of incidents.

First of all i want to thank Cam for this very nice event.

Race 1: I had pole and manage a well start but Hamstead made a very good start to he passed me in the first corner but i took it back later on in T3. Then something happens to P2 and P3 so i got 2,5 seconds from Ploeg and then i had a boring race all bt my self :) i ended up with 9sec ahead P2.

Race 2: I started 8th and managed a really good start and were 6 after first corner and i think i were 3 or 4th after first lap and then i got a really good fight with Richard T and Dbond car(Sorry dont remeber the name :)) We overtook eachother a few laps but then i passed both Richard T and Bond^ so i had Herrmann ahead but could gain much on him beacause of his misstake and when i were im his back we had a really good fight till i got ahead and just had hamstead ahead of me. I ended up 2nd and i really enjoyed this event.

Race report

Qualify: not fast ,1:47'194 on Pos 7 start,

Race 1,
wa,very good battle and Terry, :) :good:

Race 2:
****,on start no good for me,oh,and then in 800 sec,i had mistake,no good for me,my car left side crash the wall,****,Suspension,my car had problem, in 1398sec,i think can pass Rafael,but,**** touch him,so,i stop my car,let him continue race,

See all next week :)
Mtommi

Great first race

In the second race the screen froze on the grid ,so that was that.

Terry

You were right in front of me during start and you suddenly showed up when I drove away I hit you and my suspension was damaged. But I got away reasonably but behind me there was a huge starting crash because of this!
capture_2008-12-07_12-42-07.jpg

I had 2 fantastic races and very good and clean fights with Richard and Michael! Very nice guys :D
First race I finished 2nd after some had trouble in turn 3 and I managed to go for 2nd on the inside.. behind me there was also a huge accident after Richard Trange spun.. see the pic!
capture_2008-12-07_12-37-06.jpg

2nd race my pace wasn't as good as the first race after the starting accident but I finished 6th anyway.

@ Mark: I saw the replay and you really had bad luck in both races! Better luck next time! ;)

Thanks Cam great event!
See you all next time on track!

Qualy: Qualified 15th with new PB of 1:47.998

Race 1: Worst start ever! Was not really awake, was mixing my gears, gues was close to have an early one and to prevent had a late one :). Just made my accident through the carnage in lap 1, actually could not see anything due to steam and cars everywhere. Afterwards I had Luc and Michael in changing positions behind me. Michael even came pass me quite early, but just to go to the gravel in the next turn :). I knew both were faster, so for me just a question of time. Wally in front of me, was at least driving my lap times, so was more loosing than gaining. Luc made it in early lap 6. Michael Stead was also behind me, who got me in 7. Michael H. got me when I nearly spun in 8. Putting Rhys behind me. With whom I had a nice race till the end. At one point got a little tap, nothing serious and no advantage for him, fair driving! Even caught up a little bit with Michael H. but did not expect to gain that position, which I didnt. Gained some positions due to drop out finishing 9th.

Race 2: I was suddenly on pole!?!? So somebody in front of me after finishing race 1 had dropped out. Just saw now in the replay, Mtommi we hit each other in T1! Did not realize that during the race. Looking at it I would not be sure whose fault it was, to be honest. I think there was nothing I could do about (as I said I even did not see you during the race as I was in front). Anyway sorry in case it was my fault, if so, please let me know. After lap 1 i was on 7 (that was actually quicker than I thought :(, anyway for sometime I stayed in reach :)) Michael Stead behind, was just a question of time I would be on 8, I was sure. Which happened towards the end of lap 2 when I went a little bit wide. Luc went at some point into the gravel so was temprarily on 7, but on lap 10 he got me back. There were still a few guys behind me, whom I would have supposed to be quicker than me, so for me it was about to make stable laps and finish on that pos. Rafael came close in the last lap, but Mtommi came even close to him :), unfortunately for the situation, fortunately for me, as I managed to finish 8th :D.

• Andy Marsden

Get me in!

Name in game: Andy Marsden
Your Country: UK
Car (each race/class): Lotus Cortina / Corvette
Special remarks: Crikey! Should be a fair dinkum bonza event!

Yikes! That was interesting. First time I've driven on this track (it was in gp2?) and i only had a couple of laps practice before the event started.

Qual - Managed to qualify 4th only about 4 tenths off the leaders

Race 1 - Got a resonable start and went into turn 1 side by side with third place. He got out of shape and bumped into the side of me, knocking me off the track into the tire barrier (sus damage) and then i got caught up in the accident on the back straight, sigh. At that point I was in about 14th place (or so). I started working my way back through the field and got into 9th behind wally. Coming up to turn 1, I completely missed the brake marker (some corners have a 200 metre warning, others only the 100) and I absolutely drilled the back of wally's car and sent us both flying into the sand trap, DNF'ing us both. Again. very sorry wally, it was a stupid mistake.

Race 2 - Started in about 18th place. Managed to dodge my way through the carnage off the start line and came out in about 10th. Worked my way up to 5th place (on the way having a great, clean battle with herwin). Next up was Richard T, and after having a couple a bumps I finally got passed him and was able to take 4th for the race.

All in all. The mini's were fun to drive and I enjoyed the track. It's just a shame that there were a few big pile-ups. Oh well onwards to next week.

Wow, for my first race, I can only say "Wow". Great fun driving with you guys!
I can still feel my heart go boomboom at each start, what a feeling :)

Qualified 6th, I was ok with my time (1 46.8), but the other guys ahead of me are from another world... I pushed very hard to do this time.

Race 1: my usual story: started 6th, say hello to gravel at turn 3, 12th. then stay focused and clean to come back to 6th.
I had of lots of good fights with some guys, I remember Wally and Dietmar but I am sure I am missing some :) . I was afraid to push someone out of the track, ("dont touch aynone, don't touch anyone", I kept thinking), but it went ok, the passing were quite honest. Very tense till the end.

Race 2: started 3rd (woot! no pressure Luc). I even managet to be 2nd, for a few seconds... then the Aliens were just behind me. Again I don't remember the names, just that the cars were very very close. I didn't go out at my "dready" corner 3, no it took 3 turns to do a mistake. I was so focused on the fight which was occuring just before me, that, at some point my brain said "isn't the brake point that I just miss?". Gravel, 10th. :(
Same story as Race 1, push push push to get to back to 7th, in the end. I met some of my race 1 colleagues , again. :) Tremendous experience from my point of view.

Had lots of fun with you guys.

Qualifying: Relatively good position, considering I'd only known the track for a few days. P14, I don't think I could have done any better.

Race 1: Great start, but got caught up in the Lap One chaos at turn 6. Thankfully, I came away with only a slight suspension problem. I caught up to Michael Herrmann and Dietmar, and ran behind them for a bit. I had an extremely enjoyable battle with the latter, getting really close. Door-to-door at turn 6 was the highlight. After the incident between Wally Masterson and Michael Stead, I moved up into P10, and there I finished. Very enjoyable race.

Race 2: Another good start, but got another suspension problem because of Terry's screen freeze. Nothing major though. After a little while, I had a mini-battle with Mtommi. It only lasted a few turns, but it was close and fun. I finished the race in P12, right behind Mtommi, but then SURPRISE!! The connection to the server decides to go Kaput. Oh well.

Big thanks to Cam and RD for setting up the event, and MOAR big thanks to Dietmar and Mtommi for keeping me on my toes! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%