RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry I wasn't able to join you all tonight. I didn't sign up because I had two christmas functions to attend and didn't know what time I would be home. In the end, I was a few minutes too late to check if there were any free slots (probably not anyway) and we are having severe thunderstorms and lightning around us now, so my internet would have been too risky anyway.
Hope you have a fun event.

• Jerome Benard

Name in game: Jerome Benard
Your Country: France

Car (each race/class): TBC
Special remarks: GTL spirit :dance2:

GOD DAMN IT!!!

minidump between R1 and R2!!!

anyways...

Q: 17th, all good...
R1: good off the line and was in 7th by end of L1. good fight with Wally but that ended with him getting knocked off by someone else. BL mate!!!

Finished in 7th nice!!!

then CTD w/minidump!!!

Was looking forward to holding you all up from P2 off the grid!!!

Oh dear!! Qualified 5th and was running a good 4th in race 1, then I got blue screened :( first time this has happened, I hope I didn't freeze on track and cause a pile up! was good while it lasted though :D good battles with Terry, Mtommi and Richard H, thanks to Cam and RD and hopefully cya next week :)

Thanks guys!

@ Amir: I'm afraid I ran out of time for this weekend....
@ Dirk: Race1: Arcade Fire- No cars go (irony); Race2: Queen - Don't stop me now
@ Mike: :D Didn't notice it myself, but I guess you were the crash-star on that race :D
@ Warren: done!

Great first race
4th was better than I deserved .after 11th in qualy.
early battles with David until he disco'd
Pressure from Mtommi for last 5 or 6 laps.
Very clean driving Mtommi .

In the second race the screen froze on the grid ,so that was that.

Terry

• Chris Rodgers

Well that was disappointing. Qualified near the back with a 1:49 (would have been slower since I didn't get a chance to practice but luckily I recognised the track from Grand Prix 2!). Thought we were going to have a clean lap 1 for once, but then I come onto the straight and there's mini's everywhere - can't help but t-bone one of them and next I hear "you've got a suspension problem" closely followed by "you've got an aerodynamic problem". It was a handful but I managed to get some reasonable pace out of the car regardless, including a new PB 1:48, to finish 12th-ish, then in the post-race animation I saw the source of my understeer:

mini.jpg

So 2nd race I was looking forward to having some front-end grip and hopefully some more pace as a result, but I'd barely gotten underway before a stationary/slow car emerged out of the traffic, I spun and was subsequently pummeled by everyone else coming through...limped to the pits with a puncture and probably a whole lot of other issues, but then they sent me back out without fixing anything, so at that point I gave up...hopefully will have a better run next week :p

As an aside, impressive pace up the front there guys! These minis are a lot of fun to drive, so I'll look forward to the next time we hop into them :)

Wow I had a terrible race day.
Qualified P8 almost equaling my PB.
Race 1 started ok lost 1 or 2 positions, but then going in to the back straight Richard Trange lost it on the exit of the corner and shot across the track infront of Mtommi and Michael Herman with me right behind them i had no where to go and made contact with michael Herman..sry Michael.. and then there was just chaos...

Race 2 even worse. Chaos on the start and i don't even think I crossed the line...:(
Really disapointer with today, but thanks to Cam for putting this together and RD...

Enjoyed my 1st event on RD today. The Minis are always fun even when I'm lonely at the bac of the field.
I couldn't avoid the race 2 start incident either but never mind, these things do happen . Someone got knocked quickly across in front of me and sorry I t-boned into whoever it was, couldn't avoid it, retired with supension damage.
Look forward to my next time.

Thanks all for the race and sorry to the car i took off at the bend and also for spining round when trying to move over in race 2 when the 1st place person was going round me.

Also just like to say got g25 this week and was the first race i've used it on!! and now it's time to try and stop my hands shaking from the force feedback.

thanks

qual near the back ,that was ok ,gunther sorry for the qualifying incident ,i saw you comming but didnt react quickly enough.
race 1 bit of carnage in front of me ,tapped one in a green and silver sorry bout that and into the back of someone who slowed rather quickly ,sorry ,i didnt react quick enough.
race 2 got a reasonable start ,minis everywhere ,i think i missed all .lap 2 between t2 and t3 3wide ,sweaty palms hehehe missed t3 but the guys inside gave me room (thankyou).towards the end had a battle with Eric .thanks for the room and clean racing .all in all great fun and congrats to the winners.posted a pb during qual of 1.48.646
thanks all
regards
olly

• Steve Perryman

First of all thanks for letting me in so late, and sorry to who I got knocked off the bottom of the list.
Qualifying unfortunately spent most of it on the phone, so only thing I achieved was to learn the track.
Race 1 somehow managed to avoid the carnage at start and ended up 14th or so.
Race 2 t-boned a stationary car at the start, got the "suspension damage" warning, but all was ok, managed a better lap time, in the 1.48's, and had a great time trying and only just succeeding to keep Wally at bay for the last 4 laps or so, good racing there!
About 10 seconds after I crossed the grid Race07 crashed with a Steam minidump notice, at least I finished ok.

Qual - Very close battle with Rickard and Richard T which left me second on the grid less than 0.05 behind Rickard.

Race 1 - Got a good start and went round the outside of Rickard at T1 to take the lead, then he got a good run out of T2 and got past me again. Coming up to T3 he pushed me off the track a little when I was alongside him and Richard T tried to make a move but it didn't come off and he ran himself and I off the road (no hard feelings Richard). I then had some good fights with David Lemon and others, when I eventualy got up to third behind Herwin Ploeg. I got alongside him a few times but could never get past and stayed there until the end of the race.

Race 2 - Starting sixth I again got a good start and got pasta few people, which put me to third. I owe an apology to Rickard as when I lagged out a little on Lap 1 he ran into me and it cost him some time, so sorry about that :( . Anyway I was in third still and got past someone (sorry I can't remember who you were) which put me into second, behind Michael Herrmann. He made a mistake a few laps later at T2 which let me past, and I stayed there until the end of the race!
On the third last lap I had a little moment when Ian Beech spun infront and I had to swerve to avoid him but it was no problem :)

All up a great round and I was very happy to score a race win and second overall!

Great fun in the mini's.

Quaili not bad considering the excellent pace of the front guys.

Race 1: Disaster at the start, pulled 2nd gear at the start and was so slow away. then on T4 went in too hot and hit Eric's rear left, sorry mate, I stopped and waited for you to recover but you ESC out to pits so I did the same. Seemed the only fair thing to do.

Race 2: Start went much better, started at the back P23 so missed the front pile up came out of T1 in P12 then had a nice few laps with Rhys and Raphael. Made up a few places throughout the race and thanks to last corner incident with Mtommi and Raphael I nicked P9 back.

Thanks to Cam for the event and all the racers for a fun event :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years