various routes on one track

hey guys. i would like to make various routes on one track, so like when u choose track in game u can select between the short chicane route and long no chicane. but i dont want to have 2 huge track folders basically the same with different routes in the locations directory. so how is this done?

i dont really understand how is it others make it. i see they put some mas file and then some other folders for differnet routes but those are smaller. please help if theres guide please direct me. thank you again for this time and all other who helped me before.

They basic idea is that your .mas -files hold all the graphics for the track. And the "small files" in the folder inside the main track folder, hold information about AIW lines, terrain types, other venue information and loading graphics. I never really done this but I think I understand the basic principality. You just make another folder with different AIW files and etc. That is the other route then. From your scn files you just point right directions to those main mas -files.

//-------------------------------------------------------

SearchPath=Pyharanta
SearchPath=Pyharanta\GTTourPyharanta
SearchPath=.

//-------------------------------------------------------

MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=pyharanta_gmt.mas
MASFile=pyharanta_maps.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS

Hopefully some can explain better as I haven't actually done this.

Maybe an example would be good: I have a track with two chicanes. When i want to use the chicanes, one thing that changes is the AIW file.
So if i am correct, that means i don't have to change the track. Only the AIW file.

Now what i want to know is: When i add a tyre barrier or some pilons, can i separate that object in a separate chicane.mas file? And how can i recognize that object in the gmt files when i want to pack it with the mas utility?

Have a look at the Nuerberg track that comes with rFactor - this should give you a clear idea of how it's done. The sprint version has a 'NuerSprint.mas file in it's folder which seems to contain the gmt's for the tire walls and cones which are needed for the sprint version. I guess all the textures are in the main NuerburgMaps.mas file.

Yes, when i open the NuerSprint.mas there are some extra files like tire walls and cones. Is there a way to give cones a name in BTB to recognize those cones when exported into rfactor? So you dont get a unrecognizable name like xyz.gmt? So you can put them into a seperate mas file?

If there are not many objects that need to be different in each layout there's no need to create a separate MAS file/folder.. I quote myself:

Just use the object properties and mark the unnecessary objects as no render and no collision etc
The unnecessary objects are still loaded by the game but since they are invisible and have no collision they don't practically exist. But you still need to create a different set of timing gates (xfinish.gmt etc) for every layout and those need to be in a different MAS file/folder. I'm not sure at which level are those invisible elements prosessed but a few extra objects will not affect the performance.

Of course as i'm using the EVO version, i have no knowledge about rFactor behaviour but they are so similar in every way so i think my method still works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back