PC2 Various Project CARS 2 Previews, Interview and Pre Order Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Pre Order Details.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed pre order details for the upcoming Project CARS 2, with plenty of content on offer for those who put down money early on the new game.

As has become tradition in the gaming industry over the years, players who choose to pre order a game in advance of the official release date will be eligible to receive various perks unavailable to those who purchase once the game is out in the public domain.

In the case of Project CARS 2, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the new title will ship in two special edition variants, Standard and Deluxe.

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack, featuring
- Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
- Honda Project 2&4
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
- Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX

Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack, featuring
- Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
- Honda Project 2&4
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
- Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX
  • The Motorsports Pack, featuring
- Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1
- Audi V8 DTM
- Opel Astra TCR

Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

In other news Project CARS 2 Game Director Stephen Viljoen spoke recently with Nvidia about the game and what to expect come release later in the year:

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 - Esperante GTR-1 - 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Esperante GTR-1.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Honda Civic Type R 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Honda Civic Type R 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Honda Civic Type R.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Will you be pre ordering Project CARS 2 prior to release in September? Do you think the additional content will be worth the risk of buying before reviews surface? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
They are speaking in technicalities and that is what is wrong with such statements. Technically, it can be true, i dont keep tabs on physics refresh/sec, but this might be what they are referring to. Or just the fact that they don't use look-up tables for their physics calculations. Corporate claims, so much bull. I don't like that guy, that is clear to me, the way he talks in interviews puts me off.

Actually, those are bonuses..

Japanese Pack is a pre-order purchase bonus.
Motorsport Pack is a Season Pass purchase bonus.
OH yea my bad, it's bonus not a DLC... Right so if I rename sh** to food is that alright with you?

this sense of "ownership" or entitlement, or however I should call it , ... if people didn't know those car existed , nobody would care, but suddenly it's all un-fair ,
really don't understand this approach
This is how I imagine should work (very simplified): There is a team that do programming the physics, AI and so on, second team is artist doing texture, 3d modelling, etc. When game is near the finish, artist obviously have nothing to do, so they make cars, tracks, skins. When programming team is polishing everything.
How in the hell you can make cars without making physics and programming it's obvious they make it before and now they spiting content that's why it's unfair practice. I'm fine if they make DLC after release, anything before should be included in the game.

And I forgot about Pre-ordering games which is the most stupid thing customer can do. Paying for something you have no idea how it's looks, feels or is it even working you buying hope.

Last edited:
Well ok if it helps you feel a little less frustrated, think of it like this: I see it the same like buying a real car: There is a base car and then you have the extras. The factory has already made those extras, so to me you are asking "well, if they already made those extras, I should be able to buy them at the basic model price".

The only question you need to ask is "Is the base game worth the asking price?". If it isn't and it seems like they have cut material off so they can charge you more later (if you want to), then yes you are justified to feel ripped off and business ethics etc. If the basic game has enough content to justify its price, and then the DLC seems to be worth its price, I don't see how your logic can hold. In this case, my personal opinion is that the asking price is great and the season pass is also really good value. Now if the ffb is as good as it looks, this is going to be a no brainer.

Regarding the pre-order, again I would agree with you on this, if it wasn't for the refund policy. I don't know how it works in consoles, but on PC, if you any clue at what your rights are, it's totally fine.

OH yea my bad, it's bonus not a DLC... Right so if I rename sh** to food is that alright with you?

Either you don't understand the concept of rewarding someone for doing something outside of the standard behavior or you are just trolling. Personally, I like bonuses whether they are from purchases or from work!

The standard behavior is to wait for the game to be released... Wait until there are reviews, comments, sales, etc... So why pre-order? That's where the bonuses come in for those who know they already want to purchase the title and don't go with the status quo.

The standard behavior is to only purchase the DLC one wants to use. Purchasing all of the DLC regardless of what it is would not be standard so offering something special for those who do is a bad thing? What world do you live in...

Sure, you don't like the concept of DLC. No one is forcing you to buy it. You don't need it for the title to function. You don't need it to win an eSport championship, etc... It doesn't offer a completely different experience with the title... It's just additional content that you buy if you want it... That simple..

It seems you just like to complain because you can....

I have nothing against DLC´s at all. Just the way SMS wants to sell them. DLC´s should give a game a longer lifetime by giving it new content. Not content which already exists but wasnt released with the full game at the beginning to make some extra cash. It feels like you would pay for the game and then afterwords for all cars and tracks another time. Thats not they way it should work and I wont support it even though I have about 900 hours in pCars1.

Edit: I´ll probably wait a few weeks until I buy it when the price is at about 40 euro so that I didnt threw too much money out of my pocket as it will just be the same arcade stuff like in pCars1 where they also just told us all that it will be the best game ever with so many good features and the best physics ever.

Last edited:
As asked earlier, what is the season pass? all the dlc for free, or just some chosen dlc-stuff?

If their prizes for a dlc-pack is the same as last time around, I really don't see any point what so ever in pre-ordering. With the various sales they practically gave then away for free anyway.

As asked earlier, what is the season pass? all the dlc for free, or just some chosen dlc-stuff?

If their prizes for a dlc-pack is the same as last time around, I really don't see any point what so ever in pre-ordering. With the various sales they practically gave then away for free anyway.
The Season Pass will cover the 4 DLC packs that will be released. The DLC packs will cost £9.99. So x4 that £40. So you are saving money by buying the season pass rather than buying the DLC separate. Only thing is. Considering the relatively low prices of PCARS 1 DLC packs. To charge £10 it must include a fair amount of cars and a track or two...

The Season Pass will cover the 4 DLC packs that will be released. The DLC packs will cost £9.99. So x4 that £40. So you are saving money by buying the season pass rather than buying the DLC separate. Only thing is. Considering the relatively low prices of PCARS 1 DLC packs. To charge £10 it must include a fair amount of cars and a track or two...
As I understand it, each DLC will include 8 cars and 1 track (one of those I'm pretty sure will be Interlagos). Seeing as the Motorsports DLC is part of the Season Pass, you'd pay 30 €/$/whatever to get 36 cars and 4 tracks. Compared to the likes of Assetto Corsa, I think the price to be pretty fair.

As I understand it, each DLC will include 8 cars and 1 track (one of those I'm pretty sure will be Interlagos). Seeing as the Motorsports DLC is part of the Season Pass, you'd pay 30 €/$/whatever to get 36 cars and 4 tracks. Compared to the likes of Assetto Corsa, I think the price to be pretty fair.
Yeah, Which makes buying the season pass (If you want all the DLC) a no brainer...

Thing is, I'm not really interested in these 2 known dlc:s. The others, depending on what they will include

Last edited:
Thing is, I'm not sure if I will be interested in all 4 dlc:s
Thats the sad catch with Season Passes. My friends bought the Fallout 4 Season pass on release (I abstained) For the money they paid for it they did not enjoy 75% of the DLC's they paid for. Looking back they said they would have rather bought the DLC separate. If they released some info about the DLC before launch it would give people a better idea whether or not to purchase it. But then on the other people would complain that having DLC content in-game before launch is silly and that it should be stock content in the first place. Its a touchy subject at the end of the day and the whole industry is sadly like it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%