Various facts from the Bahrain pratice race 10th of July

server 1 - bahrain x2 tyre wear full race
server 2 - hungaroring x2 tyre wear 33 mins
server 3 - hungaroring x2 tyre wear full race
server 4 - hungaroring x2 tyre wear 5 lapper

going by the other thread your idea of hungaoring seems a popular one nico so we should probably do that instead of nurburgring as our next test.

any of these servers would be fine for me, could you leave the bahrain full race one up though as me and sean are going to try a full race again on varying strategies. :)

The older layout is a bit shorter. First corner is faster and the main straight is shorter. Also the final sector is different, a bit faster. I think the old layout is more fun to drive but the newer one is better for overtaking.

We had this discussion in season 9 and this is what is says on the comments at NoGrip:
"Plz make an update for more carslots (24 - 30 ) and an update for the cutting behavior in the chicane."

Both errors can be fixed, AIW in few minutes. Cutting isn't a problem since we don't use rules. Max grid slots is in the .GDB file and is even quicker to fix (just edit it with notepad and put max vehicles = 25). Is the policy still "no fixes"? (For those that don't know, any changes to .TRK/.AIW/.GDB/.HAT will cause online mismatch error and kick from the server unless those changes are made to server files too.. So fixes will be league specific, ie internal) My view on this issue is well known so i won't pressure any changes...

EDIT: Just an update on Korea: it won't be ready in time, no good GPS data can be found so my version would be just as much guesswork as the current one, albeit more accurate but still not a proper reproduction of the circuit. It can be taken off the discussion as the next possibilities would be "no permissions" conversion from rF and i don't do those.

I'm not sure if we would be over 24 people anyway but it would be a good problem to have, I seen the guy comment 24 was ok, probably if we discussed using it before, it may have been to short notice and decided to go with what was already listed links for tracks for the season incase of any confusion.

I also don't see a problem in maximum 24 slots and a not so good handling of cutting. So in my eyes we can agree on the version which is more up to date in terms of layout, right? I'd just like to know asap which one we'll use in the test race just in case I get the chance to start testing.

the newer one is what weve used the last time we done hungaroring, the older s3 is just a right turn, were as the newer is more a chicane, it can be used to go wide but we already had the he who shall not be named discussion before so it wont be a problem for us.

my opinion, newer should be used :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing