VAO files and shaders patch

Hi
I've seen mention of VAO files which work with Custom Shaders Patch and there are VAO files available for almost all tracks. Is the Custom Shaders Patch automatically updated with the latest VAO files? Or do users have to find and update tracks with new VAO files themselves?

And... Where are the VAO files in the AsettoCorsa folder?

You can find vao patches for individual tracks here:

https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...tree/84ad17daa5c8c66708393ae8aecd5347f7590955
click manually on "clone or download"

Install to:
AssettoCorsa/extension/vao-patches

(create the vao-patches subdirectory in your extension folder if you don't already have it created)

Github has most tracks but not all. Some folks create new vao-patches and post them up on discord in the AC custom shaders channel or in SOL weatherFX channel.

The latest versions of Content Manager also will now download vao's, track configs, etc. automatcially depending on your CM settings and version number.

Hi

still getting my head round this shaders patch and content manager integration

just to be clear - if I have "install automatically" set in content manager for the cars/tracks configs I dont need to go onto the github chanel and download any because they will automatically be loaded for me by content manager?

Thanks

I'm also relatively new to this and don't know how reliable this auto-update script really is (not a 100% fan of automated updates of any software myself), but if you go to CM > Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Patch > Track Configs (and Track VAO) you'll get a list of your tracks and will be able to check the date, version of each file, install/reinstall it and whatnot, generally manage your track files (similar with cars) without going to github channel.

Some VAO patches are in the track folder, does that also work?
The same with the shaders patch config ini-file.
Some are in AC/extension/configtracks
Some are in AC/extension/config/tracks/loaded
Some are in AC/content/tracks/track_name/extension
Any clues?

I have done a bit of experimentation with moving files around and then loading re loading the track.
It looks like the (trackname).ini file seems to add lights etc if moved from that tracks folder to the ext/config/tracks folder

still working on the .vao-patch files.... watch this space

Hi i must reanimate this threadt for a question.

I have dowloaded a lot of VAO Patches and put them here: X:\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches
Before that i created the vao-patches folder. Is this definetly correct place to put the files in ? Or do they belong in the correspondent track main folders? Is there any difference, maybe both locations are ok?

Second question is: What do these VAO do? From what i know there are better/advanced shadows? Something else?

Thank you in advance :thumbsup:

Hi i must reanimate this threadt for a question.

I have dowloaded a lot of VAO Patches and put them here: X:\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches
Before that i created the vao-patches folder. Is this definetly correct place to put the files in ? Or do they belong in the correspondent track main folders? Is there any difference, maybe both locations are ok?

Second question is: What do these VAO do? From what i know there are better/advanced shadows? Something else?

Thank you in advance :thumbsup:

I also wanna know this. I just heard of this and wanna try it out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%