Vanishing replays and installing skins on wrong car

I've tried finding answers for this to no avail.

Can RBR only hold X amount of replays? For me, replays that I save can seemingly vanish in thin air. The name is still there, but when loading it loads the wrong car and just stops. This is in the game menu under the Profile menu. It seems that when I save a new replay, one random chosen previous replay disappears.

And my other gripe is how to install skins for the "wrong" car, if in fact this is at all possible. I'm using the 2018 Fabia R5, but haven't found any skins with the right template name. I'm therefore trying to rename skins from the "normal" Fabia R5 and placing them in the template folder for the 2018 model, but end up with a strange looking car with a lot of different colour schemes. I also tried changing skin on the Legacy, but that was impossible despite trying different skins. This is probably not related to the Fabia/wrong model problem though.

Thankful for any help. I'm using RBRCIT and CZ.

Not only you must have the right model installed but it has to be installed to the same car slot when watching replays, otherwise it will not work. Use RBRTM's own replay menu, it tells you all you need to know.

You can't install a skin that's been made for another model entirely. Or you can, like you already have, but obviously it'll look ****. Fabia R5 2018 is a relatively fresh model, so most skins ever created for Fabia as such won't be compatible.

I've used the replay interface in the RBRTM menu but they don't work there either. Are you saying that in order to watch a replay of let's say a Fabia R5 that I have saved on Falstone, I must remember what slot I had that car in, and place it there, for it to work? Does that also mean that when I can't load a replay, it's in fact still there as long as I place the right car in the right slot? Sorry but I can't find any info about this in the RBRTM menu either. I change cars/slots so often that I will never remember this.

I have got wrong skins to work on one car, the Mini WRC. There are two Mini WRC's in the cars folder, and I used a skin for the "wrong" model but just changed the file names and that worked. However it hasn't worked for any other car, which is understandable but on the other hand there's really not a big difference in appearance between the Fabia 2018 and previous evolutions but I guess that doesn't matter in the binary world.

This all doesn't matter now anyway as I uninstalled RSRBR yesterday which I thought I'd already done, and now I can't even load the game and get errors left right and center with everything from audio/cars missing to a world of other ****. On that topic, do you know if I can backup all my files (skins, BTB-tracks etc.) and use on a new install?

Sorry for pestering you like this but you are a breakfast meal after all.

I've used the replay interface in the RBRTM menu but they don't work there either. Are you saying that in order to watch a replay of let's say a Fabia R5 that I have saved on Falstone, I must remember what slot I had that car in, and place it there, for it to work? Does that also mean that when I can't load a replay, it's in fact still there as long as I place the right car in the right slot? Sorry but I can't find any info about this in the RBRTM menu either. I change cars/slots so often that I will never remember this.

Now that I've checked it, you actually have to remember the car and even though it does tell you the car slot, in the age of RBRCIT, it's somewhat irrelevant because you can always install the right car to every car slot beforehand. So all in all, any time it says "uninstalled car" on the interface, the replay will load but it will not work.

(There are known to have been some rare and isolated cases where even a matching car and slot have not worked but they're just that: rare and isolated cases. May have something to do with a certain skin playing havoc or possibly a combination of a certain stage and skin, who knows.)

This all doesn't matter now anyway as I uninstalled RSRBR yesterday which I thought I'd already done, and now I can't even load the game and get errors left right and center with everything from audio/cars missing to a world of other ****. On that topic, do you know if I can backup all my files (skins, BTB-tracks etc.) and use on a new install?

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always more tricky to switch online plugins like you have done it, preferably one should always have a clean backup installation for these maneuvers. But you can backup all kinds of stuff, like BTB stages for sure, as long as you don't bother to backup things that have now broken the installation. No point in repeating the same mistakes on a fresh install, right? :)

Now that I've checked it, you actually have to remember the car and even though it does tell you the car slot, in the age of RBRCIT, it's somewhat irrelevant because you can always install the right car to every car slot beforehand. So all in all, any time it says "uninstalled car" on the interface, the replay will load but it will not work.

(There are known to have been some rare and isolated cases where even a matching car and slot have not worked but they're just that: rare and isolated cases. May have something to do with a certain skin playing havoc or possibly a combination of a certain stage and skin, who knows.)

Yeah, the "problem" would just be to remember what slot I had the car in when I did that particular stage, more than what car I drove since I always name the replays as such... but that's the least of my issues now.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always more tricky to switch online plugins like you have done it, preferably one should always have a clean backup installation for these maneuvers. But you can backup all kinds of stuff, like BTB stages for sure, as long as you don't bother to backup things that have now broken the installation. No point in repeating the same mistakes on a fresh install, right? :)

Agree with that, if I only knew what broke the installation. I installed thes mods below just before I uninstalled RSRBR so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It was so long ago that I installed vanilla RBR that I don't even remember how to do it, I have the Reloaded file with ISO etc. so I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks for your feedback.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rbr-all-new-sound-mod-enb-settings.160565/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rbr-co-driver-english-pacenote-mod-collection.160890/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/cz-trackpack-list-in-the-national-order.160703/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 424 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 284 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%