Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

(Apologies for long post)
Thanks to Patrick for permitting me to post in this thread - for anyone that wants to try it, an AIW/Pit fix for this excellent Laguna Track. (and a *possible* fix for the 'sinking/jumping' glitch after turn 6 - see bottom of this post).

Tested with Stock V8s and CART Extreme, and it works well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2rhsq2d8qrqylnd/LagunaAIWFix.rar

I have moved all garage and pit spots from garage lane onto pit lane, and made sure they have room to enter and leave without colliding.
In order to do this I also moved the pit timing triggers and lights further along pit lane, so the fix includes an AIW file plus the recompiled MAS file.
(WARNING This new AIW will only work correctly WITH the new MAS file as well - the new AIW will place a couple of new pit spots beyond the current pit lane exit lights, and the new MAS file will move the pit lights further along).

To Install:
(backup Laguna_SecaCART.MAS and Lagun_SecaCART.AIW first in case you wish to return it to defult)

Just copy the mas file over the original, and copy the AIW file over the original.

It has definitely improved the racing for me, hope you find the same, any feedback welcome, :)

Specific Fixes:
-AI shaking and colliding in pits: closed garage lane, placed all cars in pit lane. 29 slots created (for CART Extreme).

-Moved pit entry/exit triggers, and pit exit lights.

-New Fast path and new left and right AI paths created, to clean up the AI on kerbs, as they were half spinning in several places.

-New pit path created

-Skip formation lap fixed

-The garage lane is no longer used, and safety car is moved to the garage lane instead.

-All cars are on pit lane & operate cleanly in and out of pits.

Known issue:
This was the same in the original and I was unable to fix it:
The first rolling start works perfectly but if you then hit 'Restart Race', the next restart is usually very untidy and causes an immediate yellow.

However, there is a workaround, if you do need to do a restart - hit escape, EXIT TO MONITOR first, and then select 'Restart race' from there instead, and this also works perfectly.

Final note, during editing files, I also did a re-conversion of the rfactor road/curb files around turn 6 in case it fixes the car jump glitch.
I don't know if it succeeded but I have not been able to reproduce it since.

Last edited:
This project is very nice and welcome :) More-over, I think it goes very well with the philosophy behind GSC about focusing on less mainstream car series ;) however, I think that working (even opening a new pledge campaign if necessary) on a quality trackpack for the mod would be nice. Having the cars and the tracks to fully enjoy an offline/online championship would be great and it would be an added value to this sim as well. The more complete (cars/tracks) series it has, the better it is for it and for us of course. Just a suggestion, as I said I love your idea. Keep it up!

I get annoying twitching and stuttering on this track. Don't know what's going on...the fps counter (using Fraps) shows stable 75 or even 76 and only occasionally drops to 74 for a milisecond.

The stutter/twitch happens even with the counter showing solid 75 without any visible oscillations to the number.
There's also no sign of CPU being overloaded when stutters are occurring. What else can it be ? :unsure:

EDIT:
Same on Long Beach. No problems at Laguna, Indy, Fontana - these all have solid 75, without any flickering of the fps number. The number flickers a lot (and sometimes very briefly changes to 74 or 76) at Long Beach and Vancouver, where i have issues. So now i know that if the number flickers or oscillates, even if just minor, it's very likely i'll have issues. :cautious:

I have these annoying stuttering issues on various tracks, though, not just CART.
Will check if this fps number flickering is connected to stuttering on those tracks as well. Probably so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years