Valve Index Announced

woohoo! Mine has arrived today. Will be trying iRacing later, think I'm going to start at 90fps with all settings maxed out and go from there.

With clouds set all the way up you will see birds flying by. With the pit crew set all the way up, you will actually see the guy fidgeting etc.. It's surprising how much detail they have in there.

I don't know how many of you noticed improvements with the latest SteamVR update, but Wow!

There was also a big iRacing release which improved performance. I'm now running 120 fps with 150% SS. I may drop the SS back and bump it up to 144 fps just to see how that looks. It is nice being able to test things with the new AI which allows adjusting a field size up to 60 cars.

At Watkin's Glen I could run 144 fps and 120 SS and my GPU was only at about 70%.
However at Donington the render load is higher and couldn't

Last edited:
I'm finding that I'm pretty much staying at 120 fps in everything for consistency.
I need to retry Dirt Rally 2.0 to see how things are impacted there.

The UI is much improved as shown in the video below.

BTW I'm at the point where I am making use of the extra features on my hand controllers regularly and I've come to prefer them over the Rift controllers which I still consider excellent ergonomically.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back