Valve Index Announced

I ordered the Index headset only on launch day so should be arriving soon.
I have one base station from old vive setup so should be fine to use in sims.
Have managed to spend time with Pimax 5k+, Rift S and Reverb in meantime but something tells me the Index will be the headset to rule them all.
Never had much interest in roomscale but if some new games are released which make good use of the new controllers I might be tempted.

• Deleted member 197115

Looks like Valve opened all reservations for preorders. Even reservations from last week got their confirmation emails. (link)
Got mine too, reserved it just in case.
No way they have all these stock, something is fishy, seems like they want to get as many preorders as possible at once.
I'll let mine sit for a while, chances of me committing are pretty slim though, considering issues and marginal update from Odyssey+ with worse displays and glare.
May be more info leaks next week on Cosmos.

I had reserved the whole package about 6 weeks ago but changed my mind about 2 weeks ago and altered my reservation to headset only which I believe reset my place in any queue. No email for me as yet.

When you eventually get the email, does anybody know if there is a hard limit on the amount of time you have to commit before losing your place?

EDIT: Switched my brain on :rolleyes: and read the whole reservation email. It states the reservation is held for 7 days.

Last edited:
I had reserved the whole package about 6 weeks ago but changed my mind about 2 weeks ago and altered my reservation to headset only which I believe reset my place in any queue. No email for me as yet.

When you eventually get the email, does anybody know if there is a hard limit on the amount of time you have to commit before losing your place?

EDIT: Switched my brain on :rolleyes: and read the whole reservation email. It states the reservation is held for 7 days.

Yeah, you get 7 days to decide with the reservation queue. I got an email through yesterday.

I did the same thing recently (changed my mind about getting the controllers and decided to get just the headset). No email for me either.

FYI, I've got 2 x 2.0 base stations but haven't received the email for my July 31st reservation for the headset and controllers. My status still shows as reserved.

It will get here soon enough. I haven't even been in my rig for 2 weeks. Just got back from Louisiana a couple days ago which was right after another almost week in the Smokey Mountains. Downloaded KartKraft in anticipation of NLRv3 support coming soon. I may actually get a little time today in my rig.

I've checked and I don't have any games that require a D-pad button click, but if you do, it looks like there is a pre-release version of the OpenVR advanced settings that allow configuring a workaround. I believe what he is doing in the video below is enabling a haptic feedback response to let you know you have initiated a click off center, since the complaint is that people don't feel a click even though the click is happening, this creates that feedback to let you know you clicked.

I read a review by another guy who says his controllers click fine, so it appears this is a random luck of the draw issue. Other people have physically modified the height of a pin under the joystick which has worked for some people.

tenor.gif

It arriving today guys!

Just quick update, I haven't plugged it into my PC. Still recording footage of the device. I have to say the build quality is superb, everything is premium. The balance on my head and comfort is much improved over than my original VIVE with the deluxe audio strap. The Vive feels a bit forward heavy which is a bit irritating over time, but the Index has much better weight distribution, so I don't have to tighten it as much to feel secure. This alone is a big deal for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back