Valid license, but cannot run BTB Pro

F

Fooli

• Fooli

I can't get BTB Pro to run any more - it tells me the trial period has expired, and I need to purchase a license. I already have a license, valid until the middle of 2010.

I haven't run BTB for a while, but nothing I know about has changed here, hardware-wise.

Last version I had - I don't know, but most likely from August 09.

I tried patching to the latest version, using the latest license file downloaded from the BTB site. I get the same trial version error message.

I have tried uninstalling BTB, and installing the full latest version, with the updated license file - I get the same trial version error message.

OS: Windows XP SP3, all up to date with Windows Update, run as Admin, with up to date DX 9c. PC hardware is probably irrelevant, but is anyway plenty: 2Gb RAM, Nv8800gt.

Help please :]

• Fooli

I thought this was the place to make such support requests... if it isn't (and as it seems no-one has any suggestions for a fix) can anyone tell me how to contact Brendon or whoever can deal with a broken license issue?

Cheers...

Look at image.

Attachments

• contact.jpg
    contact.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 253
I can't get BTB Pro to run any more - it tells me the trial period has expired, and I need to purchase a license. I already have a license, valid until the middle of 2010.

I haven't run BTB for a while, but nothing I know about has changed here, hardware-wise.

Last version I had - I don't know, but most likely from August 09.

I tried patching to the latest version, using the latest license file downloaded from the BTB site. I get the same trial version error message.

I have tried uninstalling BTB, and installing the full latest version, with the updated license file - I get the same trial version error message.

OS: Windows XP SP3, all up to date with Windows Update, run as Admin, with up to date DX 9c. PC hardware is probably irrelevant, but is anyway plenty: 2Gb RAM, Nv8800gt.

Help please :]

I got this same today. I just did the licensing thing and got a new license file within an hour. Deleted the old one, copied the new one in and btb works ok. No idea why the lisence needed to be redone though but that's what I'd suggest you to do too.

• Fooli

Thanks Ghoults. Um.. remind me... what is the "licensing thing"? I have a vague memory of having to do something with hardwareid.txt but I can't remember exactly what, nor can I find any instructions on the site, here on in the install.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%