MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game Modding Questions

Last edited:
In that folder is the spawn for pilots
If I remember correctly, file is: DATA\RACE\GAMEMODES\BIKEMODES\COMMONBIKE.BML
Open and see Component { RespawnParams }, press "-" and in dropdown:
RespawnWaitTime text{3} and RespawnWaitTimeAI text{3} - change 3 (seconds) to a desired value.
There are other files with these respawn values, but those are for rally etc... I think this is the right one. Problem is that riders crash too rarely... I am thinking how to increase?
P.S. Did anybody notice technical retirements are removed from the game?

That is painful, as fo any other textures...you have to keep launching the game and checking everytime.

A good tip is to take screenshots of what you want to edit and study them with the texture files, so you get an idea of how much you have to change and how...It might save you some time

That is a good one, I do it the same before, also you can run the game in windowed mode , and check what you want , and back and enter again , and same , same.....

I explored some files and found in the same extracted DATA folder several files:
But you must know which file to edit (for each difficulty there is its own file), in this case I edited
file for Moto2 2016 on HARD difficulty it is in this place:
PHYSICS\VEHICLES\STANDARD\MOTO2_HIGH.BML
Find there:
Vehicle data
VehicleElement{ MXRider:properties}
FallForceLimit
text {10500}
Decrease value to a new value, I put {5100}
Save BML file, then repack as usual back DATA.MIX, I experienced 3-4 crashes in a race, typically during starts, when collisions happen more...
But there you will see many other values, I think there is a lot of room for experiments...

I explored some files and found in the same extracted DATA folder several files:
But you must know which file to edit (for each difficulty there is its own file), in this case I edited
file for Moto2 2016 on HARD difficulty it is in this place:
PHYSICS\VEHICLES\STANDARD\MOTO2_HIGH.BML
Find there:
Vehicle data
VehicleElement{ MXRider:properties}
FallForceLimit
text {10500}
Decrease value to a new value, I put {5100}
Save BML file, then repack as usual back DATA.MIX, I experienced 3-4 crashes in a race, typically during starts, when collisions happen more...
But there you will see many other values, I think there is a lot of room for experiments...
Hi Marg, that is not correct..
That is not hard difficulty. Hard difficulty is stored in other files
Moto2_High means that it refers to the category of best bikes in Moto2

It's the same for MotoGP and Moto3. You remember the performance bar of bikes in the menus?

The proof is that if you go to MotoGP 2016 folder you will find each bike performances and not High, Low, etc.

Last edited:
Hi Marg, that is not correct..
That is not hard difficulty. Hard difficulty is stored in other files
Moto2_High means that it refers to the category of best bikes in Moto2

It's the same for MotoGP and Moto3. You remember the performance bar of bikes in the menus?

The proof is that if you go to MotoGP 2016 folder you will find each bike performances and not High, Low, etc.
Yes, you are right. Actually I wanted to edit pilot stability (to make them fall more), but I see that crashes (5-7 per race) all happen to the group of the same riders - Aegerter, Salom, Raffin etc.
These are riders on those "HIGH" bikes. So all 4 files have to be edited, if any rider can fall/crash.

And also I wondered why I did not fall, not being punished for making others to fall (just wanted to see what happens if collising),because I was on Gresini Team - TOP bike not HIGH, and (!) also player's controlled bike will be affected only editing the same named files in
PHYSICS\VEHICLES\STANDARD\ folders.

Important observation - as many of you have observed it is necessary to change TimeGenerationMax value (1.004 for Zarco, Rins, Marques etc. strong riders is too small, too good) to have a wider range of generated qualifying times, J.Zarco, V.Rossi should be sometimes, for example, 9th on the grid! Not 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd ...
So I made it, and really in the races without qualifying session, big variety of results was observed.
A.Rins - 1st, 2nd, 6th, 2nd, 4th, 12th(!), 3rd...
But - if a player wants to qualify too, in qualifying sessions, this generation of AI lap times during 45 minutes happens 6-7 times for each rider, so variety is bad, because statistically somehow everything is averaged, and Rins will be 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 1st.... again - no variety!
So the best thing is to make qualify session just 10 minutes long. And really, trying this, variety is back. File can be found in:
DATA\DB\DB\WEEKENDSESSIONS.BML
Edit TimeOutSec_Val value... to 600.0 (original is 2700.0)

Guys, I really need your help, tip or guide me in the right direction ;)
I have the idea 2 days ago to made something new, with a lot of fail I decided ask for help.
In carrer mode moto3 33 riders and you 34 , ok. If you select a team with 2 official drivers , for example Honda Team Asia , you are the 3rd driver with his bike and suit, ok
But here is what I wanna do, they must have a space for one more bike, right , so how can I create a new team(custom bike, livery) to select , for that empty space we have if we select another one

In teh carrer selection team I need to create another slot and put the custom team, they must be a way to do that , in the end they are 34 riders in grid with you

Pleas fellas some tip, or editing parts are more than wellcome, maybe @rkh know something about this , because his preview 2016 teams mod
thanks a lot, I hope I explain myself well ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%