rF2 V8's @ Adelaide - Sunday 6th of July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Patrick but I am pulling out.
I have finally managed to get everything working again (sorta) but this FFB stuff with the wheel is just driving me nuts.
I have no control or feel with it making driving a nightmare. I have fiddled endlessly with this RealFeel plug in and can't get anything half descent yet. To add to the lack of feel / control the FFB in my G25 is banging and thumping so badly it fees like it will wreck the wheel if I keep at it. Somehow it just spikes and losses feel all the time. These cars are difficult enough but with no feel through the wheel it is no fun at all. I'll keep persevering but I'm no where near right yet.

Sorry.

Np Warren, Maybe a hint... i dont use any plugin for my G25 in RFactor !!
It works perfect without it and still enough FFB to make it feel real.Here is my G25 file
Try that first ,maybe you can still join.Put it here.
Rfactor/userdata/Warren Dawes/ HERE
with these settings just adjust force if you want more and if you want more FFB put it on Low or higher.
I dont use FFB :) just power steering for me .
Good luck m8 i hope i still see you tonight.

Attachments

• Patrick G25.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Roy Stevens

Iv got to pull out..pc's not back from shop till tuesday ..sorry all...

The main problem every G25 user seems to have is...(including me)
For those used to GTR2, there is a button "invert forces". In rFactor you just have to slide the FF Strength to a minus! I.e. -100%. And off you go :)

I was all over the place tonight... Couldn't get anywhere near my PB.

Tanked the car up to go the entire distance and planned on just being the tortoise that beats the hare. Went well until I got spooked by Patrick in my mirrors :D and gunned the throttle so hard I pinged and ponged off the walls. Steering was bad after that. Decided to just pit and fix it. Brilliant. Hit wall again. Pitted to fix the suspension damage again. Excellent. Kristoffer pits and hands me the lead - just as I leave the track at the last corner. Come out of turn 1 in the lead and BANG! hit the wall again. Pitted to fix the damage as I was guarateed a 2nd place finish.

Grats all - especially Kristoffer.

Great race guys :thumb:

Nice drive by Kristofer, congrats !
I had some nice laps with Mark in the first laps and manage to get past and moved up to second place .Then the pitstops started and James went out , so i was 1st . I had a 1 stop in mind , But my lovely car brought me exactly to the pitlane and after 30 minutes my race was over without fuel :cool:
Well done to the podium Kristofer,Mark,Theo :becky:
All together it was fun, cya all next event .

Man, those V8's are tough to drive! Luckily there was plenty of time to practice. I think the last time I drove Adelaide was in GP2... :becky:
Start was pretty good, I think everybody took it nice and easy in the first couple of turns... making me feel even more stupid for crashing into Steve's back at the end of the long straight... I actually still not sure what happened, if I braked too late or Steve a bit early... there was no way to avoid hitting you Steve, I'm really sorry!!:(
My steering was a bit damaged after that but I could continue. Was a bit of a struggle keeping it on the road. Pretty exciting driving through the dark. Much to my own surprise I actually kept it all in one piece and found myself in p3 in the end, though mostly by other people screwing up :D. I actually made a pitstop in the last lap (splash and dash) as I feared I wouldn't make it otherwise.
Had a lot of fun tonight, thanks to all!!! :thumb:

The V8's are a handful for sure, especially at night. Sometimes it was like driving through a tunnel without lights and navigating by braille.:) Is there an rFactor mod to add radar or echo location like a bat so that I know where the heck the walls are in the dark? :D In the morning though, after a long night's hard racing it's really sweet to see the sun come up.

@Theo - no problems m8. It was probably me...I thought I was on my braking point and that you were still a ways back(seemed that way in my mirrors anyway), but sometimes I would brake early. Still getting used to these tanks and trying to stay out of trouble...:) Think I would have been fine, but in the next turn got flustered and blew it, then ran into the wall. It was a 68 second pit stop for repairs to the front end.

All in all I thought it was a good evening of racing. My first experience with rFactor, the V8's, and night racing. It was great fun and had a ball --- let's do it again!

About the track at night , We suppost to have lights on but the normal track was loaded instead of the special event with lights for the dark race. When it went dark we saw that it was the dark version but it was ok to drive.
Sorry for that guys :rolleyes:

@Patrick, Thanks for the update, I wondered about that. I ran it offline using the SE track earlier in the week, but couldn't remember for sure if there was more lighting or not... It was a better test for my memory anyway...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 103 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 79 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 53 6.5%