V8Factor Unleashed - Part One

Cars V8Factor Unleashed - Part One V1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
MJQT submitted a new resource:

V8Factor Unleashed - Part One - The legendary mod by Team ORSM, V8Factor Unleashed for rFactor

THIS IS PART ONE OF THE DOWNLOAD. FOR PART 2:

The V8 Factor Unleashed V8 Supercars mod is a treasure, but is very difficult to find online nowadays. So I've decided to upload my copy to RaceDepartment (in the state that I found it a couple years ago) so that the community can enjoy it!

This mod includes comprehensive V8 Supercars cars and skins for the 2007-2012 seasons. That's right... six seasons. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: none...

Read more about this resource...

For those curious about tracks for these cars, all of the Australia and New Zealand tracks for the late 2000s early 2010s V8 Supercars seasons have been created for the original rFactor at one time or another. I know, because, I scoured the Internet and found copies of them all! Some are better than others, but they're all decent IMO.

Some are on RaceDepartment:
ORSM Bathurst, a masterpiece – https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst-v1-5-2010-v8sc.13829/
Symmons Plains – https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/symmons-plains-raceway-rfactor-1-version.35945/
XR Pukekohe 2013 – https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pukekohe-2013-by-rr1cho_xr_.12580/
Classic (no chicane) Pukekohe – https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pukekohe-park.49455/

Main sites to check out for these tracks are the following:

darrellbennett wixsite dot com /ddr2017/rfactor1 - has many working Mediafire links to tracks
https://xfactorracing.com/index.php/forum/30-tracks - check out the 2013 tracks (Philip Island, Barbagallo), the XR tracks (e.g. XREasternCreek), and the XFactor Track Pack (which contains a few missing tracks by other groups like Hamilton Street Circuit)

If people show enough interest, I may collect the best of these tracks into a trackpack and upload it to RD at some point. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

Last edited:
I am getting more and more fun out of this. The racing against Ai is challenging and involves a lot of bumping and door rubbing. I wonder if it is worth collecting all the tracks together, tidying up any Aiw issues, and creating championship files. I will probably do it for myself anyway, but maybe it could be fun if anyone is interested in sharing the work and doing it together.

I am getting more and more fun out of this. The racing against Ai is challenging and involves a lot of bumping and door rubbing. I wonder if it is worth collecting all the tracks together, tidying up any Aiw issues, and creating championship files. I will probably do it for myself anyway, but maybe it could be fun if anyone is interested in sharing the work and doing it together.
Haha! Was thinking the same thing myself the last couple days, actually. Haven't had so much fun sim racing as I've had with this mod in a long time. :) Would love to contribute as time permits.

Haha! Was thinking the same thing myself the last couple days, actually. Haven't had so much fun sim racing as I've had with this mod in a long time. :) Would love to contribute as time permits.
Ok, great, let's start by making a thread in the forums. Anyone interested can join in. I was in the middle of testing the Adelaide Street Circuit. Wow, that's a great track, another team, ORSM one.

This is a great mod, but the version you uploaded is missing some liveries for the 2011 and 2012 seasons, or at least it seems like it. 2007-2010 contain that seasons Bathurst 1000 liveries, but 2011 and 2012 do not, strangely in the vehicle files the .txt descriptions exist for these liveries, as do file paths in the .veh for each car, but the .dds files themselves are absent. Do they actually exist or is this all just future proofing stuff?

Some of the paths are set incorrectly for some cars too, which I have been slowly going through and fixing (examples would be the 2007 Tasman cars for Pukekohe, and Cam Waters car in the 2011 Fujitsu Series)

This is a great mod, but the version you uploaded is missing some liveries for the 2011 and 2012 seasons, or at least it seems like it. 2007-2010 contain that seasons Bathurst 1000 liveries, but 2011 and 2012 do not, strangely in the vehicle files the .txt descriptions exist for these liveries, as do file paths in the .veh for each car, but the .dds files themselves are absent. Do they actually exist or is this all just future proofing stuff?

Some of the paths are set incorrectly for some cars too, which I have been slowly going through and fixing (examples would be the 2007 Tasman cars for Pukekohe, and Cam Waters car in the 2011 Fujitsu Series)
Thank you so much for going through the mod in such detail! I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

If you could post the fixes when you have them all finished, that would be wonderful, thank you. If you could just let me know about it in a post in this thread, I can download it, add your fixes to this version, and re-upload it.

Just so you know, I simply uploaded the mod in the state in which I found it on the TrippTeam server. The single download I found packaged many various cars and skinpacks into a single download. I guess the question is... did the upload contain the full skinpacks (as originally intended, I presume) or before-final-release versions with these missing files and incorrect paths? I don't know.

I suppose the way to check would be to find downloads for the most recent version of the original skinpacks year by year, and compare to the mod itself. Unsure whether it would be worth the effort.

I realised that most of the patching I did was for the 2004 season, which was uploaded separately by a different user, that one had tons of mislabelled textures and missing file paths. Your upload, which covers the 2007-2012 seasons, seems to be okay for the most part, but here is the patch, just add it on top and overwrite the files.

V8FU_Patch.zip

Patch notes:
- Changed 2007 Season to have 30 opponents instead of 29 (there are 31 individual cars for 2007)
- Fixed the filepaths for the 2007 Tasman motorpsort liveries so they work as intended
- Fixed a typo for the 2011 Fujistsu series that caused Cam Waters car to spawn without a livery when used by the AI.

I'm sure there are more mislabelled or incorrect files, but I haven't noticed them yet. I'm a stickler for accuracy in these sorts of mods, so I always like to make sure the AI are using the correct liveries for each track. I'll let you know if I find anything else in the future!

I also did end up doing some digging and it seems those missing liveries from the 2011 and 2012 season never existed, they created the paths for them in the files in case they added them down the line. There's quite a few old threads asking if ORSM will ever finish them, but they never did.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the patch @TheRealJuralumin :thumbsup:

If you're interested in earlier seasons, there are cars in V8FU to paint for the early 2000s seasons. I've only seen a 2003 season released, but it looks really nice in game. Thought you might be curious.

I'm sure there are more mislabelled or incorrect files, but I haven't noticed them yet. I'm a stickler for accuracy in these sorts of mods, so I always like to make sure the AI are using the correct liveries for each track. I'll let you know if I find anything else in the future!
That's fantastic! I'd want just the same. I just don't have the knowledge off-hand to be able to identify each livery as being correct or not. So I'm thrilled you've hopped in and fixed things! :)

Last edited:
I also did end up doing some digging and it seems those missing liveries from the 2011 and 2012 season never existed, they created the paths for them in the files in case they added them down the line. There's quite a few old threads asking if ORSM will ever finish them, but they never did.
2011 is complete for me, I have 2012 including up to incl. Round 6 and occasionally Round 11

Some later 2012 never made it into a pack but were released on rFactorcentral if I remember correctly, I have a bunch loose files for 2012 by Slipstream1970

Last edited:
2011 is complete for me, I have 2012 including up to incl. Round 6 and occasionally Round 11

Some later 2012 never made it into a pack but were released on rFactorcentral if I remember correctly, I have a bunch loose files for 2012 by Slipstream1970
Ooh, please do share! Maybe post in a separate resource on RD then post about it here in this thread?

Do you have the endurance round liveries for 2011? That's what I'm really after. Keen for the 2012 ones too as the 888 throwback livery that year is one of my favourites!

I just checked this version again, It's got the 2012 round 1-6 liveries, but not any beyond that, for 2011 I have every livery except the endurance rounds (Bathurst and Phillip Island)

Last edited:
Do you have the endurance round liveries for 2011? That's what I'm really after. Keen for the 2012 ones too as the 888 throwback livery that year is one of my favourites!
Ooh, fantastic. The other thing I may experiment with on my own, for the endurance round cars, is assigning the correct co-drivers' talent-files to each car. So that the player (and hopefully the AI) could switch drivers at pitstops -- which, little known fact, is in fact possible in rF1.

Last edited:
Found another issue, Rick Kelly's 2007 Adelaide livery has the wrong number, it should have the number 1 like all the other liveries, but for some reason has the number 16, the same as his teammate. I assume the painter just used the same livery for both cars and forgot to change the numbers. I have edited the .dds and fixed this issue!

Here is the patch:

HSV_Adelaide_Fix.zip

Last edited:
Hi all. Just to mention, The 2012 season I completely redone years ago so every car has all 16 rounds. No idea if the tracks load the correct liveries or not though. I probably don't even have all the tracks listed to test them.

I can re upload the 2012 season if you'd like, It's quite larger though so it may need two or three uploads.

Hi all. Just to mention, The 2012 season I completely redone years ago so every car has all 16 rounds. No idea if the tracks load the correct liveries or not though. I probably don't even have all the tracks listed to test them.

I can re upload the 2012 season if you'd like, It's quite larger though so it may need two or three uploads.
Thanks so much for chiming in Doug! Please do upload what you have – whether at a single MediaFire link you could share in this thread, or in uploads to RD itself. That would be fantastic to have. :) And we could do the testing to make sure the correct liveries are loaded for each race.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years