Team ORSM

Thanks Gavin! I am really enjoying the current v8factor. Haven't switched to other mods in the past 4-6 weeks I guess.

And now the Clipsal 500 is about to start in a few days. I'm really looking forward to this release in 2010. Keep up the pace it looks great from what we can see!

I guess you're talking about the Ford. The cockpit I was copying when I made it didn't have the shift lights above the Motec, but fair few teams did later. We'll see what we can do in the new mod, but I think they'll only be there if the real cars have them. I'm not sure if the old cockpits will be updated though, maybe if there's one similar to our old one but with the shift lights added.
I'm using the Holden with the Motec dash which doesn't have them, from the onboards I've seen most cars seem to have them nowdays and I think the old cockpit with the shift lights would be great.

Just in regrds to the shift lights. If you guys put them in the next mod could there be an optional upgrade to change the colour of them to say blue then red when hitting close to the limit for example when not using the motec dash, and if you do use it could the backlight on the motec dash have an option like this as well. As im colour blind i find it hard to judge sometimes when shifting as i rely on sound only for the majority of the time. The mods that have that style of shift light i can see no worries.
They don't have to be green, blue would be ok

Customizeable Cockpit Decals

I would like to see customizable cockpit decals where there is a template so you can put decals inside your car like in real v8's.
Pictures:
25s9y76.png

2ev9emu.png

Where:
2uduzxf.png

Hi terato. For this series you really should be talking to The US Pits guy's about it. They have developed the TPSCC (The Pits Stockcar Challenge) and a great mod with very good physics called NAGT (North American GT Series). Both these mods are very high quality though I'd have say regrettably the models in the NAGT mod could be improved over all the mod is high on the list for realism with now 9 different cars to choose from a Porsche to a Viper the racing is close as each car has it's strengths and weaknesses around different tracks. The physics are very good and is it's main outstanding fetcher.

The TPSCC are NASCAR. This mod also has very good physics and the models to match. Now updated to the cars of tomorrow with in real life better aero with the addition of the rear wing and added downforce to the front of these cars are a mod to have if you like NASCAR. The older version of cars in the NASCAR mod are very like the cars pictured in your post. These cars can be setup to run on a circuit type track as they do run NASCAR on these tracks at times anyway. So basically the mod your asking for already exists just not in name.:cool:

Go here for more http://66.147.242.97/~castleg1/thepits.us/board/index.php?sid=eb52a98df20b5fb21585e46ca7635c17

One thing that probably isnt that important but is something that when 1st released i thought was very ordinary is the Intro movie & music!
I just installed FS one '88 as a friend wanted to try the F1 mods and they have done a really good job. :wink:
And when you look at some of the Vid's guys have done on youtube maybe you could get one of those guys to do something for the new release of the V8 mod. :D
And the real life racing Vid's in the UI of the Historics mod is pretty cool as well.

• Justin_GTS

I've watched and seen the current decline in people playing the V8Factor mod. 30 people in servers was a common sight, now the servers are bare - league races struggle to crack the 15 mark for there races - even thats a fantastic turnout result now days!

3 Years of "Coming Soon" has died on me, its either "Coming in 2011" or "Coming April 2010" or make the 2006 model series the last and call it V8Factor Legends.

What do you guys need to help speed up the process? Is it donations? More staff? More Skinners? More testers? Myself and others here would be more then happy to help if you guys let us know.

P.S For those who don't know, I dislike FVR!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%