NISSAN NORTON HORNETS #36 & #360 2014.

Norton_36_001.PNG

Norton_36_002.PNG

Norton_36_004.PNG

Norton_360_001.PNG

Norton_360_002.PNG

Norton_360_003.PNG

Hi All

Thanks for all the passionate debate about the modding community, and the allowability of using others work. I'll be honest, this thread is very long winded and kinda boring, and I hate trying to translate stuff, so I really have no idea of the full story.

So let me give you some perspective from our thought pattern when ORSM built Unleashed.

ORSM actually developed this mod with an open architecture to allow users to add skinning content (added seasons) using the existing models that are in the V8Factor Unleashed mod. The community is currently working on the 2005 season as an example.

As far as adding other models to rFactor, then this is something ORSM has done by introducing versions of the Holden and Ford that were scratch modeled by two community members, who spent 100's (prob 1000's) of hours of their time building 3d meshes for others entertainment. Saying that someone else wasn't ever allowed to add another vehicle (that they had spent their own time on) to rFactor is ludicrous.

I think what people are mistaking here is that if something is an add on (like in FSX) then it is something that someone is adding to an existing product.

So, if someone wanted to introduce an AU falcon as a model to rFactor, and they knew how to add it into the V8Factor achitecture (like adding a plane into FSX) then that would be fine.

What wouldn't be fine would be taking the existing models from someone else's mod, packaging them in an installer and calling them your own.

So, I would say if jClaude or anyone had an AMG, Nissan and Volvo model that looked like a V8 Supercar, and he wanted to release those himself as rFactor add ons for other enthusiasts to enjoy, then I can't see how that would be unacceptable. As long as he released only the 3 models as add on cars to the V8Factor mod, and not packaged the existing models and called it his rFactor V8Supercars Mod.

I have seen some of his skins, and they look to be pretty good quality, so if his modelling is the same, then they wouldn't look out of place against the other models in rFactor.

So, in summary, if you wanted to contribute to the community with new models, and you are passionate enough to want to add on to an existing mod, then I think that is admirable...

Just make sure you release only your own work, and respect the wishes of others who have spent their time away from their families in an effort to provide some joy to the remainder of the community. If they have not provided their blessing to use their work, then don't package it into your mod and call it your own.

I think we can close this thread now.

I'll do windows if you want mate? Ive been doing the 2014 DVS myself but they are not 100% accurate but if you want i can do windows? and ive got many many photos if you want them.

Winton 400 photos - http://www.v8supercars.com.au/view/photos/2014-dunlop-development-series/winton-400-dunlop-series

Cheers

View attachment 54896
Hi,
yes doing the windows would be a great help, and as you know finding pics from the back are the hardest to find, but any pics you have that you think would be usefull would be most welcome.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back