PC V8 Supercars ...what hapened to the motor sounds?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Jeff Huber, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    I know the V8 Supercar came out for free or whatever a little while ago , and honestly I never got the DLC with it included because of the motor sounds. It sounds like a Honda Civic! So I come across a video of a V8 supercar in Pcars that was posted about a year ago by this guy , and it sounds great! What happened , and why did they change it to the corny V6 sounds or whatever?

Listen to what it is like now , and then watch this video and see how they had it before. For the love of Pete!!....why would you change it to the sounds it has now? I don't get it. Am I missing something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +588
    well it doesn`t sound like Civic at all but yep ... it is not good and frankly never was

3. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    Another broken promise? Deliberate overselling?

4. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    In the video I posted above , it didn't sound all that bad , and actually thought it sounded pretty good. But now? I still don't understand why they would replace the first sound file with what they have now. It sounds nothing like a V8 supercar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Conny Naslund

Conny Naslund

Ratings:
    +50
    The problem is that you are comparing apples and pear as the car in the video is not a v8 supercar, but a Mustang Boss 302R1 gt4. it uses a crossplane crank and gets that deep tone. V8 Supercars use flat plane cranks and rev higher and sound different.
    Still I agree that the sound is far from good. iRacing sounds better

flat crank vs crossplane explained. (@1:24)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1