PC1 V8 Supercars ...what hapened to the motor sounds?

I know the V8 Supercar came out for free or whatever a little while ago , and honestly I never got the DLC with it included because of the motor sounds. It sounds like a Honda Civic! So I come across a video of a V8 supercar in Pcars that was posted about a year ago by this guy , and it sounds great! What happened , and why did they change it to the corny V6 sounds or whatever?

Listen to what it is like now , and then watch this video and see how they had it before. For the love of Pete!!....why would you change it to the sounds it has now? I don't get it. Am I missing something?

In the video I posted above , it didn't sound all that bad , and actually thought it sounded pretty good. But now? I still don't understand why they would replace the first sound file with what they have now. It sounds nothing like a V8 supercar.

The problem is that you are comparing apples and pear as the car in the video is not a v8 supercar, but a Mustang Boss 302R1 gt4. it uses a crossplane crank and gets that deep tone. V8 Supercars use flat plane cranks and rev higher and sound different.
Still I agree that the sound is far from good. iRacing sounds better

flat crank vs crossplane explained. (@1:24)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back