rF2 V8 Supercars @ Suzuka - Monday April 25th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had a fun evening :)

In race 1 it was the usual story - I was not fast enough to keep up with the guys ahead of me on the road. Instead I had a battle with Nikola, where we at some point was driving side by side for several corners (and I won :D ). He did a small mistake and dropped some time, and then came crawling back. This is a replica of something we have done in several events lately :tongue: Finished 9th, which...

...gave me pole position for race 2. Here I had a good start, but Chris had a better one from P2. I really felt the pressure for well over half the race, with the entire field hot on my heels. Tried to remain calm, and pick my lines efficently. When Gary sneaked past me it took only one more lap before I duplicated my error and went a bit too wide, and this time 4 or 5 guys passed me. The move Adam pulled around me on the outside through turn 1 and 2 was really well done, I never thought you would be able to keep the car on the rod there! Was pretty mutch on my own the rest of the race, and ended 7th.

The cars were suprisingly nice on the track, for once I could enjoy driving at Suzuka :)

Quali: Set a PB and took 6th.

Race 1: Made a good start and was up to 4th by the end of the first lap. I went off at turn 1 at the start of the next one which dropped me back the field a bit. Had a couple of good battles and profited from others' mistakes to finish in 5th.

Race 2: Made another good start but got hung out to dry on the outside of turn 1. Tomasz took advantage and we were side by side through the esses before he pulled ahead. Gary was on my tail and put me under some pressure into the chicane but I just about held him off. Turn 1 of lap 2 and I repeated the mistake of race 1 and now found myself last. Had a blast coming back through the field, especially the move on Roy towards the end (I didn't think I was going to make it stick either :tongue:). Finished 6th.

Two good races and I was pleasantly surprised about the track + car combo in testing which added to the event. :)

Thanks to all those who raced :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing