rF2 V8 Supercars @ Sakhir - Monday May 16th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks Lee :)

Great night of racing again :)

Quali: Did a good lap but a little off my PB to get P2.

Race 1: Slow start and Gary was past and Kjell was pulling away, then they both braked really early for turn 1 and I found myself in front. Held onto the lead despite some serious pressure from Gary until I spun in turn 6 as I ran wide. Dropped to 3rd and was lapping at a similar pace to Kjell but made another spin which dropped me behind Nikola. I followed him for a few corners before he spun off which left me to finish in 3rd.

Race 2: Seventh on the grid this time and made a good jump, but I hit the speed limiter at the wrong moment then accidently up-shifted so lost all the revs and slowed a small bit which allowed Gary through. Nonetheless I got up to about 6th in turn 1, which became 5th after passing Nikola out of turn 3 and 4th after passing Andy at turn 4. Overtook Steve out of turn 6 and knew I had to go some as Gary was now in the lead. I followed Tony for a lap until he made a mistake which left me chasing Gary. After the mistake I made in race 1, I was determined to fix it so imagined a skull and cross bones above Gary's car and didn't take my eyes off it. This helped me to set a series of fastest laps to really close in but around lap 10, the tyres went and Gary pulled away again, leaving me to settle for 2nd.

Thanks to all that raced :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years