rF2 V8 Supercars @ Sakhir - Monday May 16th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
V8s_f_640.jpg

(Flyer courtesy of Can Ozcelik)

Server name: RACEDEPT.COM V8 CLUB
Mod: V8Factor Unleashed Beta V0.9 + 2010 Unleashed Season Add-On (Download links are at the bottom of each of the posts)
Track: Sakhir (CTDP F1 Tracks -> Desert 400 Bahrain 2006)

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (2x20 minutes, BTCC-esque Second Race Reverse Grid (See Note 1 for details))

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Notes:

1. A reverse grid will be used to determine the grid for race 2 based on the system currently in use for BTCC. The amount of cars to be reversed will depend upon the last digit of the winner's race time and is as follows:

0 and 1: Top 6 reversed
2 and 3: Top 7 reversed
4 and 5: Top 8 reversed
6 and 7: Top 9 reversed
8 and 9: Top 10 reversed

2. The engine upgrades should be left as the manufacturer's engine and not changed to the driver's engine, as the driver's engine upgrade will produce 3-5BHP less than the manufacturer's one.

3. We are not using the WV8S11 League Mod. Please make sure you have a separate install with the V8Factor Unleashed Base Mod + 2010 Unleashed season add-on which you can find above.

• If you intend to race please copy and paste the sign up list and add your name to it. Do the same if you are pulling out but remove your name.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.

1.Adam Eggbeer
2.Nikola Ilivanov
3.Andy Bonar
4.Lee Palmer (Maybe)
5.Teemu Toikka
6.steve barsby
7.Gabriel Korgan
8.tony matthews
9.jason lancett
10.Sergio perez
11.Gary Lennon
12.Kjell Stenbeck

This bit of "seasonal"?? small grid events seems to still be with us,but we made the best of the grid we had,fully enjoyed both races,hopefully the grid numbers will be picking up a bit again soon.
Well done all there.

Thank You Adz & RD

Yeah, I was ready to go on and bash the new system, but then I've realized that I got used to it. AU or US time zoned races don't bug me, coz I'm not there and the EU hasn't changed a bit. I mean in aspect of organizing and timing of the races. I guess it's just that time of the year in which people just don't want to enjoy themselves driving "off-league" and not scoring points. Or something ...
Anyways, hats off to Adam for pulling this gem of a track out of the hat. Really enjoyed it. A lot more then the spin-fest I had at Warwick Farm last time around. Numbers were low, but the quality was high. I don't mind that personally. Just wish more people turn up next time to enjoy that sort of quality.
Anyways, back to the races themselves.

Qually : Not bad time, something like low-to-mid 1:23 which put me around P5 or P4. Not sure.
R1 : Decent start, kept my position. Had Rob H. behind me for the first few laps. That got me nervous and made me do mistakes, but after I realized that he wasn't the type of driver to push the issue, I relaxed and started lapping my times. Kinda unfortunately lost him in my rear view mirror after one corner. I believe he spun out in the gravel. Adam spun out and I was briefly 3rd, but he seemed a lot faster then me so when he pressured me, I just made a fool out of myself. Nothing out of the ordinary I guess. After that it was uneventful race for me. Finished P4.
R2 : Started 4th from the back as it was "reverse the entire field" sort of grid. Made a bit better start this time. Thought I grabbed a position, but it turned out it wasn't the case - Gary flew past from last to 3rd before the first corner. Had some very close and very clean racing after that with the rest of the guys. Eventually moved up to 3rd, some way behind Gary and Adam. Kjell was somewhere in the back so I knew I had to worry about him eventually. He did caught up, I tried to prepare my arsenal of defensive moves, but the move he pulled off on me is still a clear image in my mind. That sneaky ferret ! LOL ! We were approaching a backmarker into this long slightly opening left hander - backmarker on the inside of the corner, me on the outside, Kjell on my left ... and he just sneaked pass both like we weren't there. After that I had no chance of catching him. Finished P4 again.

P.S. : Highlights of R2 will be coming :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing