rF2 V8 Supercars @ Phillip Island - Monday March 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Interesting couple of races.

Definatley had more pace here than I did in Melbourne. Managed to make a poor job of R1 just through going off too much and overdriving the tyres. finished down in 14th or 15th I think.

R2: The funniest start I have ever seen. It was like dominos as we all went into the back of each other behind Wayne pretty much right down the grid order. luckily, just cosmetic damage.
few laps in, went into T1 with Ryan behind me and telling me on TS "get a move on" hehe, as we went into T2, turned in at my usual spot thinking he was still behind me and got a clip on the back end, managed to save it but Mr. Callan wasnt so fortunate :frown:
10 minutes gone, got spun around at the hairpin which caused havoc, just got going and got T-boned from Nick. Amazingly, after all that, no punctures or serious damage it seemed, a testement to the cars strength. Had a good Battle with Steve in the closing stages and managed to come home in 13th I think with not a straight panel left on the car :D

@ Carlos, dont worry about it m8, I have been guilty of it from time to time too :redface:
All in all, a step forward from the last one :D

Gratz to winners and podium, Thx Adam for organising

Uah had two great races... despite that i lagged few times guite nicely

R1, well i had great battle with Ross for 5th trough the race.. 4guys in front got away and me and ross was battling alone.. managed to keep in fifth place

R2, had good start, managed to get into first but made mistake at exit of T4. dropped to 8th or something.. trough few mistakes and crashes i was able to get 4th.. Badura was there with me whole race and Jari lurking nearby. managed to keep 4th place.

Had great fun there even that speed wasent with the leaders :) maybe with some training. see u next time

Arrived half asleep and hit the track cold laps style,a nice start got me right on to the front 3 chase by the exit of T2,from then on the whole race was staring at the back of Tylers Jim Beam car,a couple of possible sniffs of a pass but nothing really possible,very much enjoyed a good chase though.
3rd start for race two and away good enough and tight enough at T1 to go alongside Ross in T2,black and blue paint was smudged as we both went slightly wide,but a little tap of power and i got my nose around tight and exited in first :D,im sure it got lively at T3,but i know nothing about it really,just a sudden "flash" of activity and engine noises,but i came out unscathed,pushed on as hard as i could well aware of what would soon be chasing.....Pete D. was first up to have a good go at me,but it went badly wrong for him coming out of T2,off the hook again,Benny B. comes in the picture for a push forward,i was quite pleased with myself being able to respond and maintain my gap,then Ben disappeared and i was truly off the hook and safe,until i went off a bit in to the barrier at T3 :p,slight bit of damage but still very driveable,good enough to hold off Tylers late surge :).
Really enjoyed both races,it was nice feeling it all coming back to me again
Grats Benjo and all podiums and finishers.

Many Thanks Adz/Ryo/Ivo & RD

Dang, am I the only one with no response from matchmaker tonight? :confused:

Seems like it. A few people were able to re-join for race 2.

My night went better than expected. I was going well in practice once I got used to the tyres and then Mr. Ojala shared a setup and I went quicker on that than I was on my own Quali setup and was a lot more stable as well, so thank you to Mr. Ojala :)

Quali: Good lap but feel I could of broken into the 1:34's. Nonetheless, was happy with P7 considering the talent around me.

Race 1: Made a good start and was immediately up to 6th. Followed Tommi for a few laps and eventually got past into turn 3. I was trying to tag onto the back of Gary who was about 2-3 seconds up the road but then I missed my braking point at turn 3 on the following lap and wrecked the suspension. I didn't know how badly damaged it was so I let Ryan past on the exit of turn 4 just in case it was too bad. Luckily it was just about OK and after a few laps of getting used to the car wanting to turn right on an anti-clockwise circuit, I started catching Ryan again. I think we swapped places a couple of times due to one-another's mistakes but I dropped back a bit too far when I ran wide on entry to the final corner and got the wheel hooked on the wrong side of the curb. I dropped back a couple of places and a few laps later I came across Ryan flying across the track after hitting the wall. I slammed my brakes on and just about avoided him but on the final lap, I lost control of the car myself at turn 7 but luckily only had a small graze with the wall. Lost a few more places and just hung on for 12th.

Race 2: I made a great start this time, partly thanks to Wayne. I was up to P7 by turn 1 and P6 on the exit of turn 2. I followed the leaders for the remainder of the lap before coming across Peter flying across the track after hitting the wall. Just managed to avoid him but a few corners later I span trying to avoid the little battle in front. I dropped back to 8th and pretty much stayed there until Stephen ran wide at turn 1 and we had a good little battle. I managed to get past him on the run down to turn 1 I think it was and held on for 7th. I rolled the car down to turn 1 on the slow down lap and then my game crashed so at least I was lucky that it held on until the race was over. Because of that, I didn't congratulate the winner, so well done Gary :)

Good fun tonight, looking forward to the next one already :)

Thanks for racing :)

Firstly thank you to Tommi for the set up, the car went from a pig to a tiger straight away :)

God i love the starts in these cars even though the grid was very cosy :) Both starts went without a hitch and no contact was made.

Race 1 had a great fight with Giuseppe Curcio for a number of laps then with Wayne....good racing guys.

Race 2 off the line didnt make a great start as i was watching wayne and nearly jump started with you :) Then had a number of battles with what felt like everyone lol...but the last one with Adam was fantastic...real side by side action without any contact at all....i had a huge smile on my face crossing the line.. :)

Thanks to Adam for the fight and arranging the evening & and thanks to RD for the server.

see you all next week !!

Ivo, all I had was "matchmaker did not respond". Tried the firewall, restarting the computer, tested the actual internet-connection, but with the same result. It might just not be the meaning that I should race :tongue:

Yes, I tried all the different versions I have of the mod. When I drove the last WTM-race, I had loaded the Enduracers mod when I connected to the server, and then it changed to the correct mod as I was connecting to the server. This feel a bit odd.

I had the same problem a few months ago, but back then I just waited 3 minutes, and then matchmaker found the entire serverlist as usual.

Happens with me also. Some mods work and some not.
Happens since the first time i raced rFactor. I know what the a solution is (changing something in the RFM file of the mod, but will cause a mismatch) but never found out why some have it and some people dont.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back