rF2 V8 Supercars @ Oran Park - Monday April 4th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Turned a bit huffy and moody with no pace and wanted to leave and go sulk in a corner,then i suddenly remembered about Sprint Tyres and everything fell in to place :D,early doors was chasing Butchacho,then he pulled over and i got busy chasing Jose,it ended up as the chase for the win when Matt left,it needed a more calm stable approach and the job would have got done,i sort of made an arse of it,so 2nd place.
Race2 from 9th and once again away good and everyone clean through the first lap,not sure about details too much,but this one seemed to be all about people ahead of me falling off the track gifting me places,a trend that continued right up to the moment i drove past what looked like a motorway pile-up,just far back enough to pick a way through and come out the other side in first place,with a little gap to Vaughanie.com,i used the rest of the race to expirment with some "use just enough car and tyre" style of driving which might come handy on league nights ;).
Well done all drivers for another nice night of V8'ing

Big thanks Adz/Ryo & RD

Well, it was my first ever race in rFactor (not just online, but in general in this sim). Because, in preparation for the race, I rub more time to get used to the sim, not the track or car. :redface:
I hope that my presence did not prevent anyone much (except Kjell and Anders of course, unfortunately :frown:), and I looked more or less normal for a beginner.

R1: I started from 18th position, hoping to simply reach the finish line and keep the car without making any serious unforced errors. That is quite difficult, given the large number of cars and a very narrow and difficult track. In the end, I managed to finish in 10 th place, which I was pretty pleased. But then was BTCC rules...

R2: In my second race I obviously did not expect to start from the first position. And not just a problem of excessive psychological pressure, but the fact that in the first position in the first corner was much more intense struggle. Jose, Adam and Lee made ​​a catch-up, because of what I am after the first corner was already in 10 place. After this incident, the car is clearly worse as the center of my steering was somewhere at 30 degrees to the left. But worse was to come on 8th lap when Wayne did not have enough brakes, and deployed me at the first corner. Again first corner :mad:.
No problem, Wayne, I saw you waiting, but I could not so quickly go back to the track, as it was dangerous to others and not easy to start on slide grass.
I went down to 20th place. A little later, the leaders began to overtake me on lap. Kjell, sorry mate, but I could not do anything. I clung to the inside of the turn, but I could not to disappear from it. As a result, for Kjell and Anders, unfortunately the race was over. :frown: In the end, I managed to bring to finish my crippled car at 15 th position.

I also want to note a fairly high level of craftsmanship and culture of the guys, who yesterday took part in the event. It's nice to see. I hope this was not the last race for me here.
Thanks to RD, Adam/Ryan and all guys for races!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%