rF2 V8 Supercars @ Oran Park - Monday April 4th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Shouldnt I be above Erik if he only wants to do race 1....

Indeed you were above Erik, unless he could do both races all of a sudden and then he would be above you as he signed up first. Either way, you're in now as Matt has pulled out.

You're also in now Chris :)

Erik: People who can do two races get preferential treatment over those who can only do one.

Eventful for me, but I was on the pace, which is really pleasing for me as I have been so slow in simracing until a week or so ago.

Q: 4th

R1: Good start, past Moura and just squeezed ahead of AV before T1. Was close behind Matt at the end of lap two, when my foot slipped off the pedal and around she went. Lost many places but that didn't matter as pretty much the same thing happened again a corner later, this time sustaining heavy damage. Crawled back to the pits, took my socks off and got repaired and out running again. I had been lapped by the entire field meanwhile but managed to crawl up to 18th despite trying not to hit Dmytro and sliding into the gravel with more damage on the final lap.

R2: Started 18th, got a great start, picked the correct spots at T1/2/3 and ended L1 9th. By lap 3 I was 6th, with Moura, Lenno, AV, Anders and Kjell ahead. Set the fastest lap of the race catching up, but I think I thrashed my tyres a little because they went off 3/4 laps earlier than R1, traction was an issue. Didn;t pass anyone but took advanatage of misfortune. Had Eck breathing down my neck the whole race, but picked up 5th when Moura slid off at T1, then 3rd when Kjell and Anders collected each other from the lead, just about missed the scramble. Lenno was now in the lead, I couldn't put any real pressure on AV, but he lost it on the kerb before Flip-Flop and span out gifting me 2nd.

18th to 2nd mucho pleased with limited practice time.

V8 mojo back - thanks to all, seemed like there was plenty of fariplay from where I was sitting.

I got no idea how I managed to pull the Eggbeer. TWO TIMES. Yes, two times. First in turn 2 where I lost 6 places. Then the lap after at turn 3, did only loose 1 place tho. I did have a nice battle with someone as well, but I don't know who atm.

Q: Somehow managed to get 1st

Race 1: Got a good start and started to pull away, opened up a 5 second lead, with less than 10 mins to go my PC freezes :(

Race 2: Started 20th and slowly made my way through to finish 5th.

Had a really fun evening and looking forward to the World V8 Supercars league.

Thankyou all, a great nights racing.

Race 1, started from 13th. It was interrupted twice, first by my own brain fart. Then the 'puter had one too, in the shape of a freeze. (hopefully, this didn't interrupt anyone else) Running a lap down, I was surprised I could do a pace near to the leaders who came by. I was truelly confused, by my finishing position. Was sure, I'd only made it to 18th. 15th was confirmed by Adam, and others. Grats to the podium, who were fresh in my mind, as I started to type...

Race 2, starting from 13th again. I got a reasonable start, just going with the inside line. Think I was 9th, coming out of turn 2, with Ryan in 10th (having started 18th). After a lap of that, I thought it best to let Ryan by, I was just holding him up. And, I had hoped he'd open a door or two, before racing off into the distance. I followed him, to the end of the race. Making places, mainly from others misfortune. I ended the race 3rd, still behind Ryan. I hadn't even done a mid 1:05 in qualifying. So, I'll count myself extremely lucky, to finish on the podium. Grats Gary and Ryan.

Thanks to Adam and RD. I may be available for more of these, you have been warned.... lol.

Well, that was the most fun I've had in the club for a long time. I have to admit when I first tried these cars I hated them, but Vaughany persuaded me to sign up :D. Put some practice in and started to love the mod

Q didn't go to plan, ended up 7th, 1s off my PB. Just couldn't manage a clean lap.

The race was largely uneventful, put I slowed down on the main straight at one point because my monitor cable came out.

Race 2 I was in the reverse grid and should've been starting 3rd, but my game crashed, managed to get back in and when I went to grid, I was 22nd. Oh well :D That was a good thing, I haad so much fun in that race, some great driving going on. I made 9 places by T1 :) Worked my way to 5th after Kjell and Anders quit, was hunting down Eck. On the last lap, monitor cable came out again :( Only this time when I plugged it back in, I was buried deep in a tyre wall. I think I must've taken Can with me too, as he was around, so apologies Can :(

Dropped to 8th, which became 7th when Adam lost it on the penultimate corner. Hard lines fella ;)

I want to say a HUGE well done to everyone, the standard of driving was very high, and probably the cleanest club race I have taken part in. Big thumbs up guys. I might post a vid of my Race 2.

Thanks Adam for organising a brill event and RD for making it possible. :D

R1 thought i would try endro tyres and paid for it.

R2 very sorry for the two drivers i tapped and spun,i did wait,but never see them come pass.
Forgot to change my brake duct, was running 1 and my brakes failed,well never stopped me.
So once again very sorry.

Qualifying: I went out on racefuel, but found that out very late in the session. Still did a PB, and 19th on grid.

Race 1: Was going about on a steady pace without overdoing it, and collected positions that others dropped. This brought me up to 13th. Had a good battle with Guiseppe for a long while towards the end, but managed to defend my position :)

Race 2: Started 11th for some reason. Not the best of starts, but a clever move in the second corner led me up to 7th. Kept this position for a while, but when someone retired from the event, I was looking down on the text, and payed to little attention to the throttle... Span out, and had to start over in 15th. Again collecting positions that others dropped, and now I was 9th. Had to defend from both Lee and Jeff for many many laps, and when I outbraked myself into T2 on the penultimate lap, I was down to 11th. As Adam had an adventure on the final corners, I see that I possibly could have positioned myself way into the top 10 tonight. This really gives me confidence, because the level of the field is very high :)

Thanks, guys, again really fun to race with you :)

I had a blast. Game crashed a few times, but I think I made it. R2 crashed just after I crossed the finish line, so hopefully, I didn't DNF.
Just started practicing a few hours before the race, coz I had a nasty flu the past two days and wasn't really up to driving at all. Was that close of pulling out of the race coz I didn't felt prepared, but stuck with it and it was a blast ! Thanks everyone for the fair and clean racing ! :inlove: you guys !

Very good fun tonight. Enjoyed it a lot.

Quali: Struggled to get a clean lap and when I did I was just slow. Really struggle for one lap pace in these things. Over half a second off my PB which was set on race setup... P9.

Race 1: Made a good start and followed everyone through the opening turns. I followed Anders for a lap but after Erik made a mistake before the chicane towards the end of the lap and Anders was slow because of it, I was able to go around the outside of him on the final corner. I chased down Erik and was plotting for a way past before all of a sudden he hits the curb a turn 2. What amazed me was that the car never looked like rolling until he was halfway across the track and then all of a sudden it went over. That put me off for the next half lap and I made a few mistakes but I got my concentration back to pick off a few more guys who went off or had technical issues. Found myself in 3rd with a massive train behind. My tyres were well and truly gone and we still had 5 minutes left. I defended hard against Kjell, Adam, and Chris and just crossed the line before the timer ran out. This left me and Adam in a 1-lap duel for the final podium spot but he disappeared from my mirrors and I was able to get the car home in third.

Apologies with the mess up of the grid. A few guys left the game during warm-up and I thought it would recognise where they were moved to on the grid before they left. Obviously not.

Race 2: Made a jet-propelled start and was up with the guys on the front row, well before the braking zone for turn 1. I took to the inside, but the two cars to my right cut across and knocked me onto the curb. The curb, along with the taps, meant the car was no longer stable and I ended up forcing Lee off the road (apologies). I waited for him anyway and that meant being last. Was rather fun to make my way back through the field. I caught up to Giuseppe but just couldn't get close enough in the right areas to make a move. On the final lap he was slow out of the 4th to last corner and I tried to get alongside before the chicane. However, I hit the throttle too hard span sideways and was stranded on the curb. Spun it back round but lost 3 places. Finished 10th.

Thanks to all those who raced.

Also a note to everyone. There will not be a club event next week due to the World V8 Championship Pre-Qualification event. If you wish to take part in this championship, you can find all the information and the sign-up thread here: http://www.racedepartment.com/world-v8-supercars/

Really enjoyed today, could have had 2 podium finishes if it wasnt for mistakes. Had some good battle with Jose and also adam eggbeer and Lenno who i was trying to defend against but he just kept coming.

Race 1 spun on my own and race 2 was short shifting to save fuel and ended up spinning it in 2nd place putting me down in 4th.

Awesome clean racing. Cheers Adam for organising :D

That was a great event and I'm glad I got to participate. There was racing going on all over and torward the end the leaders came storming thru nose to tail!!

There was the usual jostling but this crowd is getting really good at starts!:cool:

My right foot braking caught Steve out in R2, ( I really stand on it early:tongue:) No worries Steve I didn't muss ur nose too much with my azz did I?:wink:

Gonna miss it next week.

Thanx to Adam Eggs and Beer for organizing:tongue: and RD for the server.:cool:

Got spun out by Erik who had been spun out by tony then the car wouldnt steer properly which was handy as my lap times improved. Shame you cant save a damaged car setup!
Dozier decides to stop in the last turn! Well, not really, I was planning my passing move on Rich and paying too much attention to my mirrors approaching the final turn and bang straight into the back of Rich which caused him to spin and me to wait for him then I drove into the quicksand and quit.
Why do I find these cars so hard to drive compared to the F1 1992's which i am very comfortable with? All tips gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back