rF2 V8 Supercars @ Melbourne - Mon May 31st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I cant remember where i qualify? :/ ,but it wasnt good,a bit down the field,but got an almighty rapid start and cleared about 4 running down to T1? :D,got bumped a little as i turned in and that put me in to a red Holden with a decent scrape of paint...then i dont know where or how passes were done but i ended up in 2nd place bout 4secs or so behind Ryan,i was sort of threatning to close the gap down a bit until some little scruffy moments put the gap back up out of reach,a good 2nd place from a rotten qual and getting more and more comfortable with the car again,its been a while you know ;).
Away good again and same as race one,i cant really remember any details or names :p (getting old is bloody brilliant you know!)...it ended up again in quite an early 2nd place behind my boy Tone T.,fair to say me and Tone have shared a few virtual miles together before,so we know how each other rolls ;o,i was really feeling on top of this vicious monster motor by now though and could apply loads of pressure on Toni ;))),he cracked a bit and went off wide enough at T3R enough for me to nip past,for a couple of laps my efforts to pull away bit were sort of working as well,until a real horror slow exit out of thee fast chicane and Toni took the inside for the right hander and went back through nicely,then he made a good attempt at dropping me!!,managed to get back on terms a bit but now time was really running out,so i put on a big glory push for this win,and it went fail at T3R with my first real spin of the night over the two races,that bugger Tone was off the hook to cruise home! >:/.
Well done Ryo and Tone and everyone there tonight giving the V8s a try,proper men!! ;).

Thank You Ryan & RD

Sorry, dno your names not on the entry list :p

No problem Lee, I wasn't sure if I make but I did and I really enjoyed it!

Love these car - plenty of fun!!!! I was 2-3 sec. off leaders but it made a lot of fun.

Race 1: Total wrong start, lot of figthing with Valeiro, then Lee dropped by and gave another fine fight :) Pretty enjoyed this. Finished 9th.

Race 2: Got pole :) but then it went wrong, I saw people behind me moving and I jumped a start. Got DT penalty :( I was overtaken by several people in L1 on L2 I absolved my penalty and got back on track in 9th. I was chasing again Valeiro who spun off then I met Lee fighting with Andreas, I was closing on this duo. On exit of T2 too early on the throttle spun off hit the wall and broke engine, I was pretty surprised because it wasn't a hard impact.

I really enjoyed this race, like these cars very much!!!!

If it will possible I would like to join next V8 RD League!

What a night.

Qualied 8th and set a pb of 59.5 which was only 2 seconds off pole which I was very happy about.

Race 1: Got a poor start but made back places at turn 1. Settled in about 8th and had Toni under my rear wing for a few laps and I just made a small mistake which allowed him through. Then had Lee chasing me down but was a bit early on the throttle out of turn 12 and ripped front spoiler off and got some suspension damage. Pitted and came out in 12th but still had suspension damage. Really pushed to try and catch Daniel however I span it when I got him in my sights and then span it again trying to catch back up. Ended up 12th just able to hold off Wayne.

Race 2: Got another poor start and dropped to the back but made a few places with the carnage at turn 1. I saw there were a couple of cars up ahead that were backing some of the pack up so I was able to get past a couple of people here. A lot of people pitted for penalties and I was up to 5th but Kjell was moving slow and I had to swerve to avoid which put me into the gravel at turn 1. Rejoined just ahead of Ryan and a mistake in turn 10 allowed him and Valerio through. THe next 15 minutes were just breathtaking. Caught up to the rear of Valerio but Lee caught up to my rear. Managed to get a run on Valerio out of turn 2 and out-braked into turn 3. Unfortunately he span it on the exit but I still had Lee on my tail. He was sworming all over the back but I was able to hold him off in the braking zones. Got a bad run out of the last turn on one lap and he squeezed through on the inside but outbraked himself. I braked early and cut back and around turn 2 we swapped some paint work before I could pull clear. For the rest of the race he was there on my tail and luckily managed to finish ahead of him.

Had completely the wrong wing setup but at least that made me difficult to be overtaken in the braking zones :tongue:

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all those that I battled with. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back