RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qual: I wasn't able to get any practice in ahead of time, but I really wanted to race last night so I decided to hop in and just run a race setup w/ full fuel for prac & qual to get a feel for the track. Was expecting to start from the back, but surprising found myself in P5 after dipping into the 2:05.xx range for the start. Of course that was ludicrously outclassed by Christian's pole effort of 1:59.xx! Well done mate!
:jaw:

Race 1: Started off reasonably well, although there was quite a bit of bumper cars to be had at T2 tonight for some reason on lap 1 of both races. In any case I was able to sneak through the chaos and settled calmly in P3 for probably half the race. I tried to hang close to Christian and Yves but they were in a whole different league on this track, so I just concentrated on lapping consistent and building a gap on Tim who had settled in P4. I had a nice comfortable lead and was looking to cruise through the second half of the race when out of nowhere my brakes locked up horribly going into the second of the 90 deg. lefts, and I nosed into the barrier head on. By the time I had reversed and pulled out (as the spotter was yelling about my suspension damage), Tim had made it past and the chase was on. Spent 4-5 laps racing within 1 sec of Tim, but couldn't quite make it past until he emptied his fuel tank :( Finished the final lap or 2 to take P3.

Race 2: T2 troubles struck again, this time I was not able to avoid them. Got knocked from behind and suspension damage, but it seemed OK to continue. Drivers started dropping left and right, and we went from 11 or 12 drivers at the start to 5 for the majority of race 2 :sarcastic: It wasn't all bad though, because Tim and I had hugely fun battle for P3 as he previously stated. Great close driving there, I'm glad we were lag free so that we were able to stay so tight there. I did eventually take advantage of a small stumble and got past, and I stayed in P3 to the finish.

On a side note, I did notice there were quite a few racers taken out early on in both races (I suppose I was one of the lucky ones). There was some frustration and I think that it was warranted. Gary for one lost both races on lap 1 due to some rather over-aggressive driving by other drivers. We had been doing quite well recently (from what I've seen, at least) in making sure everyone survives lap 1 and not trying to win the race in T1. I would hope, as we incorporate more new drivers into the mix, that we can keep the early recklessness to a minimum in the future.

I tried to join and either the new skin pack that I installed or my improper installation of the track caused my computer to crash to desktop with an error just after the screen where you chose your car. I was going to drive the Seat but I had never been around this track so this was just more for me to get in and introduce myself to you guys. Do you guys use the voice coms during the race?

I had a blast sorry about the tight squeeze Gary, even if i finished a lap down i managed a 4th few guys ran out of fuel doh 2nd race finished 5th a lap down first lap missed break point and was going to ram Tim so i floored it into the wall and tried to time going between Tim and Neil with a succuss on not hitting either but me going into the tire barrier crippled to the pits and came out behind Tim to finish off the night with side by side action good times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%