V8 Supercars IronMan future tracks choice

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's,

i want to get your thoughts on a few tracks that i think it would be nice for a V8 Supercars IronMan event and to help me make my choice for the next IronMan. for me each tracks are fun to drive but for some of you some of them might be less enjoyable or harder to drive on so please try them and let me know what you think, give me the pros and cons for each tracks and how much you like them on a scale form 1 to 5, 1 being i don't like at all and 5 being i simply love it. here's the download link for each tracks.

Hamburg Harbour
Sandown raceway 2012
Mugello
AMS Renault test track

i'll start and please use the same format i used so it will be easier for me to view things.

Hamburg Harbor

-Pros: nice wide city kinda of track, nice varieties of corners, nice flow.

-Cons: if someone goes in the wall it can cause a pill up, require that drivers are being extremely careful when overtaking and gives room.

like rating: 4

Sandown raceway 2012

-Pros: its a real track use in the V8 Supercars series, fast track, lots of places to overtake,

-Cons: the T1 to T4 complex and the T6 to T8 complex are very tricky and can cause carnage if someone goes off track.

like rating: 5

Mugello

Pros: fast flowing track, challenging.

Cons: T1 can be a cause of incidents as well as the chicanes.

like rating: 3

AMS Renault test track

Pros: challenging track, nice varieties of corners.

Cons: cutting can be bad if drivers don't follow the rules, require that drivers fives room on overtaking.

like rating: 4

My vote goes to Sundown.

Pros: Tight, fast, and not to challenging track, and easy to learn. After 10 laps I felt like I knew it like Monza. Easy to see what's ahead of you (colours, the road itself and such).

Cons: Since I only drove around by myself, and can't really tell if there is many places to overtake like Yves says. But since the track is very tight and fast, I don't really saw that many places tbh. I think most overtakes will happen due to mistakes.
Pit speed limit is only 40 Kh/m.
Can be dangerous when tire wear kicks in and you still try to push hard.
Drivers that are really pro (and I mean really pro now) will with 100% certainty lap much less slower drivers in no time.

Conclusion: Overall the track is really fun and fast. Best part of the track is after a long straight, and then it goes "no-visuals-to-an-left-hand-hill". If you not careful, you might end up in a wall.

Like rating: 5

@Gijs van Elderen

we will most likely use them all and more depending for how long i'm authorised to work on those events so don't worry about that ;)

about the championship it doesn't depend on me, when i was an admin here at RD i asked if i could set up a championship with them and the answer was no, i recently asked again and got the same kind of answer so the best i can do is run seperate events like now just for the fun of it as long as permitted to.

maybe if the members would massively request it to the admins it could happen but as of now the interest for it doesn't seem to be high enought. best thing to do is to do some PR to attract the members to the events and show the admins that we really want it and that we will be committed to it other wise i fair it will never happen.

A bit off topic, but can you let us know what mod will be used? Is it the same one, 2010 V8 Supercars Ironman Version, or will you use the new 2012 mod that was uploaded here on RD? If you are using the 2012, is it going to be modified to Ironman Version as well?

As for the track, to be honest any of those is fine with me. I'm sure with these cars any of those tracks will provide great racing.

before using the 2012 mod for an IronMan i will probably ask Dennis if he can do a normal event with them, personaly i think the 2012 is better then the 2010 one, the 3d models are much better, the physic feels more real to me and the liveries are superbs but first i want to get the members opinion cause the 2012 cars are a little bit hard to drive then the 2010.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 286 13.5%