rF2 V8 Supercars @ Calder Park - Monday July 4th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
V8s_f_640.jpg

(Flyer courtesy of Can Ozcelik)

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM V8 CLUB
Mod:
V8 Factor Unleashed Beta V0.9 + 2010 Unleashed Season Add-On (Download links are at the bottom of each of the posts)
Track:
Calder Park19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (2x20 minutes, BTCC-esque Second Race Reverse Grid (See Note 1 for details))

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Notes:

A reverse grid will be used to determine the grid for race 2 based on the system currently in use for BTCC. The amount of cars to be reversed will depend upon the last digit of the winner's race time and is as follows:

0 and 1: Top 6 reversed
2 and 3: Top 7 reversed
4 and 5: Top 8 reversed
6 and 7: Top 9 reversed
8 and 9: Top 10 reversed

The engine upgrades should be left as the manufacturer's engine and not changed to the driver's engine, as the driver's engine upgrade will produce 3-5BHP less than the manufacturer's one.

We are not using the WV8S11 League Mod. Please make sure you have a separate install with the V8Factor Unleashed Base Mod + 2010 Unleashed season add-on which you can find above.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]167[/signuplist]

yeah where is everyone? last week was great, and i cant see a reason why this cant be great if some people actually join up! we need this practice for the WV8's next weekend etc

I'll give it a go, haven't raced here since TCL was running in the club events. I think the race is 1:30 for me here in Ont' Canada, but not totally sure so correct me if i am wrong and I'll figure it all out. Going to get a friend to join up here to do the races too.:cool:

Qually : Not bad, quite close to the likes of Anders and Gary, which is very different from my usual form. P7 or 8 I think.

Race 1 : Had a good start, but got boxed behind the pole sitter who had a bad start. Going into the fast chicane, I was neck and neck with Anders and I pulled out of it. Seemed like a smart choice, but I caught some grass and spun out. No damage to the surroundings, but I dropped down to last place. After that, it was pretty much a good race for me. Made some passes, made some errors, the typical stuff. Finished 8th.

Race 2 : I had a blast of a start. Climbed up to 3rd after T1. That kinda sucked thou, coz it killed my concentration and I totally forgot my braking point for T2 and gave Wayne ... Morgan I believe, a hefty slap on the rear. He seemed ok, apart from the momentum loss of grip there, so I hope I'm forgiven for this. Dropped down to last again, but this time I had clearer focus and didn't made so many mistakes. Was catching up very quickly to the guys infront of me and after like 7-8 laps, I was running 6th or 7th. Then disaster came. I overshoot the fast chicane a bit and ran wide on the grass. Not by much, but enough to give Erik Tveit a chance to get me. I stayed on the inside and dared him to a braking contest, but he just cut straight infront of me, sending me about a meter on the grass right of the slow right hander. Kept my cool, got back on the track for the left hander that follows, but then he outbraked himself, going perpendicular to the road and I had no place to go. Tried to squeeze in on the inside, but I tapped his front-left wing and that sent me straight across the kerb and into the deep kitty litter on the inner side of that turn. I tried to dig my way out of there, but it was no good. Engine was starting to overheat, so I just gave up. Retired. Then I jumped watching Erik's driving to see what made him do such a silly move and I saw that I'm prolly not going to be the only one complaining about his driving tonite. Seriously mate, you need to prove a lot here. In every single RD event you've taken part of, there's always someone endangered by your driving pattern. I call it pattern coz it's not skill or momentary behavior, it's just a pattern. If you're not so familiar with the car and track - go easy on it. There's no shame in finishing last around here. Or being 8 seconds off the pace. But finishing at all is something you've been missing lately.

Well an interesting couple of races! Qualy, i knew i was going to be bad having never raced here before, snagged 9/13, but was slowly getting faster as the sessions progressed.

Race 1: My best race i think so far, no incidents whatsover or run off road, picked up positions as others spun etc and snagged 6th, though Wayne Douglas was chasing me in the end it was only a 1 second gap between us.

Race 2: Started from pole, and couldnt see the start lights! ARGHHH!!! i jumped the start, sighed, had a terrible first lap as i fiddled with my pit request to try and work out how to do my drive through (i tryed to let everyone through) did my drive through and came out a lap down, and set about chasing Barsby who was 45 seconds up the road from me (i could see him in my mirrors, he was nearly lapping me!) in the end i cut it down to like 25 second (and passed Erik Tveit on the way) before he spun or had some problem and then it became a lonely race till the end. 7th, but yeah argh about the start lights lol.

Great fun guys! Same time next week? :)

Firstly thanks to Nikola Ilivanov for assisting my with my driving pattern tonight, i did try to break into th 55 but the best i could do was a low 56, next time.
Race one happy with the results had a few near misses.
Race two well as i was commenting earlier Erik Tveit had nine lives he used them all up in race two eventually crossing right in front of me not being able to avoid contact resulted in a little stearing problem, i soldiered on to a respectable 6th.

Thanks RD and Adam.

Iam getting better just need to get better starts.

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight. Two great races and even a mini power cut couldn't spoil it. :)

Quali: Made a decent lap but a little bit off my PB so was P4.

Race 1: Made a good start and found myself sitting in behind Gary in third place. Pressurised him for a few laps before getting a great run on him out of the final corner. I stayed in his slipstream for as long as possible, waiting for his usual move to the inside when he is defending. Strangely, it took him a while to implement it this time and I had already pulled out to overtake. We kept going right, across the track and I decided to keep my foot in it. In the end, he "Schumacher'd" me, so I ended up on the grass and wiped out a marker board. Rejoined just in behind as he ran wide at turn 1 which allowed me to sneak through into second :tongue:. Closed the gap to Kjell and put him under pressure for a number of laps. I knew I was better on the brakes into turn 1 but couldn't get close enough to make a move. Eventually, I was a bit late on the brakes and had to go straight on as to not hit Kjell. I think I would of made the corner if Kjell wasn't there but as he was, I would of hit him if I attempted to turn in. Rejoined back in behind Gary but couldn't close enough. Kjell pulled a bit of a gap until he got stuck behind a backmarker on the last lap. Gary closed right in on him and I closed in on Gary but could of been closer if I didn't make a small mistake in sector 1. Finished P3.

Race 2: Started at the back as I lost power at the end of Warm-up. I was relieved to make it back just in time. Made a good start and watched as Erik went right. I decided to go left and pulled alongside but he moved left and forced me onto the grass. I just about maintained overlap thanks to the pitlane exit but further down the road I got squeezed out again. He ran wide in turn 1 though so I got past him. Avoided the couple of cars that went off at turns 2 and 3 which left me in 5th. Lap 2, Gary and Wayne had an incident in turn 6 which I just managed to avoid and took 3rd. Was just over 3 seconds behind the other Wayne, so I got my head down and worked on closing the gap. Having Kjell just over a second behind helped me keep pushing as I knew if I went too slowly he would catch me. Eventually caught up to the back of the pair to see Wayne get past Anders. I settled in behind and a few laps later, seized my opportunity into turn 1. Now I was 1.5 seconds behind Wayne. I got it down to about 1 second with 6 laps to go but made a small mistake in turn 6 which opened it back up to 2 seconds. Closed the gap slowly to finish just over a second behing in the end. P2.

Thanks to all those who raced. :)

Np Nikola

Sry gary,seem to be coming togeather with you a bit to often.
Its all a bit of a blur for me,my racing always is, can never remember to much.

Just know i need to be more consistant.

Thanks adam and all great night

Race 2 : Not by much, but enough to give Erik Tveit a chance to get me. I stayed on the inside and dared him to a braking contest, but he just cut straight infront of me, sending me about a meter on the grass right of the slow right hander. Kept my cool, got back on the track for the left hander that follows, but then he outbraked himself, going perpendicular to the road and I had no place to go. Tried to squeeze in on the inside, but I tapped his front-left wing and that sent me straight across the kerb and into the deep kitty litter on the inner side of that turn. I tried to dig my way out of there, but it was no good. Engine was starting to overheat, so I just gave up. Retired. Then I jumped watching Erik's driving to see what made him do such a silly move and I saw that I'm prolly not going to be the only one complaining about his driving tonite. Seriously mate, you need to prove a lot here. In every single RD event you've taken part of, there's always someone endangered by your driving pattern. I call it pattern coz it's not skill or momentary behavior, it's just a pattern. If you're not so familiar with the car and track - go easy on it. There's no shame in finishing last around here. Or being 8 seconds off the pace. But finishing at all is something you've been missing lately.

Seems like I owe you an apology Nikola. Sorry.

But I may drove straight infront of you before the right hander, sorry for that mate, but if you watch the replay on the left hander there, I just lost it and you drove into the smoke and drove into me. So sorry for cut-in.

But please tell me what I did the rest of the race. I did 1,5 lap after you retired.

-And really, I may make trouble often but I don't make trouble every race. I may have an aggressive driving style, but come on, EVERY RACE..

Race 2 : Not by much, but enough to give Erik Tveit a chance to get me. I stayed on the inside and dared him to a braking contest, but he just cut straight infront of me, sending me about a meter on the grass right of the slow right hander. Kept my cool, got back on the track for the left hander that follows, but then he outbraked himself, going perpendicular to the road and I had no place to go. Tried to squeeze in on the inside, but I tapped his front-left wing and that sent me straight across the kerb and into the deep kitty litter on the inner side of that turn. I tried to dig my way out of there, but it was no good. Engine was starting to overheat, so I just gave up. Retired. Then I jumped watching Erik's driving to see what made him do such a silly move and I saw that I'm prolly not going to be the only one complaining about his driving tonite. Seriously mate, you need to prove a lot here. In every single RD event you've taken part of, there's always someone endangered by your driving pattern. I call it pattern coz it's not skill or momentary behavior, it's just a pattern. If you're not so familiar with the car and track - go easy on it. There's no shame in finishing last around here. Or being 8 seconds off the pace. But finishing at all is something you've been missing lately.

Seems like I owe you an apology Nikola. Sorry.

But I may drove straight infront of you before the right hander, sorry for that mate, but if you watch the replay on the left hander there, I just lost it and you drove into the smoke and drove into me. So sorry for cut-in.

But please tell me what I did the rest of the race. I did 1,5 lap after you retired.

-And really, I may make trouble often but I don't make trouble every race. I may have an aggressive driving style, but come on, EVERY RACE..

Race two well as i was commenting earlier Erik Tveit had nine lives he used them all up in race two eventually crossing right in front of me not being able to avoid contact resulted in a little stearing problem, i soldiered on to a respectable 6th.

I did brake very late when I passed you yes, but when you braked 15 meters in head of everyone else, and around 20 meters before me. :)
Oh and the "crossing", I actually lost it there Mike. So early on the throttle, sorry Mike.

Race 2: Started at the back as I lost power at the end of Warm-up. I was relieved to make it back just in time. Made a good start and watched as Erik went right. I decided to go left and pulled alongside but he moved left and forced me onto the grass. I just about maintained overlap thanks to the pitlane exit but further down the road I got squeezed out again. He ran wide in turn 1 though so I got past him.

I moved right because Wayne got a bad start, then moved left and mis-judged the distance between us, sorry Adam. You should have gotten more room. Hope you didn't loose to much.

You drive far too aggressive IMO Erik. The fact that we all have different driving skills and therefor have different braking points, gearing thru corners and all that jazz, doesn't excuse your maniacal dive-bombs onto others. Won't excuse your bumper-drafting as well. Nor your cutting the track techniques. Pretty good off-roading BTW.
I know you're fast, I know you know you're fast, but keep in mind that the others around you in RD events are actual humans and not some silly AI you can push aside, dive onto or bumper-draft from. You might be having fun being all that aggressive and all, but to the likes of me, the fun comes from a clean racing. Yeah, it might not be fast sometimes, because I end up stuck behind a slower car with no viable overtaking opportunity, but it's still fun to me. For you, it feel like the fun is to drive recklessly and put everybody around you on the racetrack in danger. I'm not sure if RD is a place for such driving behavior. I mean especially in Club Events, where victory means nothing more then a tap on the shoulder. No points to gain, no stats you can brag about, no nothing. Only the respect of your fellow drivers. That's the only thing you can earn around here. And just like in the V8 standings mate, you got negative score for me.

You drive far too aggressive IMO Erik. The fact that we all have different driving skills and therefor have different braking points, gearing thru corners and all that jazz, doesn't excuse your maniacal dive-bombs onto others. Won't excuse your bumper-drafting as well. Nor your cutting the track techniques. Pretty good off-roading BTW.
I know you're fast, I know you know you're fast, but keep in mind that the others around you in RD events are actual humans and not some silly AI you can push aside, dive onto or bumper-draft from. You might be having fun being all that aggressive and all, but to the likes of me, the fun comes from a clean racing. Yeah, it might not be fast sometimes, because I end up stuck behind a slower car with no viable overtaking opportunity, but it's still fun to me. For you, it feel like the fun is to drive recklessly and put everybody around you on the racetrack in danger. I'm not sure if RD is a place for such driving behavior. I mean especially in Club Events, where victory means nothing more then a tap on the shoulder. No points to gain, no stats you can brag about, no nothing. Only the respect of your fellow drivers. That's the only thing you can earn around here. And just like in the V8 standings mate, you got negative score for me.

One thing is to dive bomb and came side by side in the middle of the corner. One other is to dive bomb past in the braking zone.
Can't remember a bump draft, tho.
And yes, I sometimes drove off track, so what? I did never earn on it, and if I passed a car I would give the place back.

I know victory doesn't mean something in club events, but that doesn't mean it's a Sunday drive looking at the vegetation.

I remember now both time on the grid i could not see the lights from cockpit view

so had to wait till everyone else moved

its hard up front, cause im not behind someone waiting for them to go. i didnt realise it was going to make a sound to signify the start of the race so i stuffed my second race because of it lol. though at least it wasnt a league race!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back