rF2 V8 Supercars @ Calder Park - Mon December 14th 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary,

That was me you ran into.

I couldn't make enough speed because there where some repairs needed and i was driving for a pitstop to have some repairs on my car. ( i hit a wall when turning into the straigt after the pitlane)

My steering wheel was totally in the wrong position. But after repair it was oke again.

So sorry Gary.

Also sorry for Ryan, he also ran into me when trying to give me a lap.

But most of you guys i could give enough space to pass me.

This was for me the 2nd time i drove these cars. this one on rFactor, and once as an add-on in GTR-e when i joined a race downunder. (that was for a year ago).

Anyway it was again a good experience what rFactor is about. Its far out the best of the games a play. (GTR2, GTRe, Race on and rFactor).

Practice: Hated it
Qualifying: Loved it, found the sweet spot that changed car from a 59.8 to a 58.6 :) Q'd 7th I think

Race;
Good start, got to 5th but then got hit down to 10th
2.jpg

Race was scarred a little bit by this head on collision..
3.jpg

...since I had to pit around lap 6, but at least stop was out of way.

Had fantastic battle with Daniel, brilliant driver and safe (no flying up the inside of me :)) also sorry that I bumped you back once at the 2nd chicane.

Spun a couple of times and finished 12th. Loved this race probably the best so far for enjoyment if not finishing position.

Well done RD, now what tracks next week :p

The final blow for me was arriving upon someone i can only describe as,\"faffing about\",at the flat out chicane,maybe a younger sharper buck can avoid that incident,but i couldnt.

:handcuffs::handcuffs::handcuffs::handcuffs::handcuffs:
Lol
Dan.

also lol;
1.jpg

No probs Fred bud :(

Mike actually gives us a living example of my "younger sharper buck" statement,he probably would have avoided you then as well (ooh i hate younger sharper (faster) bucks! >:/)....
My initial assesment when i saw you way up ahead was...."by the time i arrive there,he will be nicely on the exit of the chicane"...and i will just pick whatever side is left....but we know thats not how it panned out,calm hindsight makes me conclude maybe not all your fault,the closer i got and you were still there,and appearing to slow up even more,and i went a bit "rabbit in the headlights" :(.

Thanks for offering an apology m8.

Thanks for catching my "storming off in a stroppy huff" finale' there i Dan,i appreciate that.........

:p

Started in P2, with a not perfect quali lap, but I was statisfied with second.

I had a great start and was 0.5s ahead of the field before the first corner, afther that Mike and me battled it out for 12 laps I think, which was really AWESOME! I think it is one of the best battles I've ever had!

Afther some laps he overtook me and I could follow him, but then I made a mistake and was in a sandwhich :) of Ryan, Ferry, Gary and James. I had a good battle with Gary too, and I had a great slipstream to overtake him... Afther that it was time for the pitstops and afther my stop I was just behind Ferry. He made a mistake and I could bring the car home in P2!

Can't wait for the league to start!

Thanks to everyone who moaned during practice but loved the race :D

Qualified P5, couldn't quite get the 57s.

First half of the race was hectic. My start was brilliant, up to what would have been P2 if I'd managed to brake properly. Which I didn't and lost a few places, next corner there was a bit of a concertina effect. Dan nudged Ferry, who nudged Gary, then Phil nudged Dan as Dan backed off, leaving Rhys nowhere to go but hit Dan and I clip Rhys on my way through. Anyway after all that I was P5, back where I started :D

Made a couple of small mistakes, but Gary and Ferry battling allowed me to catch up. Then from lap 6 to around 15 it was manic. Gary was out of rhythym it seemed and I almost got through a few times, gave him a nudge, which I had to back out of, sorry Gary, which let Ferry back past us, who had gone off a lap or so earlier and immediately outbraked himself again, slotting between myself and Gary. Then Gary and Ferry have contact, allowing me past Gary and then past Ferry after a little of side by side.

Meanwhile James had caught right up to us and then Ben was back amongst us all again after going off. It was a hell of a battle and Ferry managed to get past me just before he pitted. I pitted next lap and somehow I managed to come out in first!

But, hang on, I had a drive-through for speeding. I had braked too late and entered pits at 50mph instead of 30mph :(. I then nudged the back of Freddie as I lapped him on my way to the drive-through, causing me to spin. Pitted and this time forgot to activate my pit limiter so speeded AGAIN!! Second drive-thru and third time lucky I got it right. Came out 11th and concentrated on trying to get 9th.

Gary dropped out so I could now get 8th. Passed Martin and Sylvain in the same lap (lovely outbraking maneuvre on Martin I didn't mean to do!). Then faffed about with Jari for a while before one final twist. The final lap I somehow speared of into the grass in the penultimate corner. Martin sneaked past and then outbraked himself at the last corner allowing me through for 8th!

Cheers to everyone that turned out, was much fun.

Then my objective was at least to finish 10th.
Thus I am content.

My set, I had to regulate it with stability High but not on weak.
Thus I had some difficulty on certain point of braking and stabilitée of left virage^^.

I had also some blow of lag. But stays not too génant itself.

Compared to the race, for me it stays superd.
On the basis of the 11th place.

There was not badly brawl at the beginning of race.

I knew avoided the traps ^^. Has leave a pilot whom I could not avoided.
After this incident, I had difficulty, adherences.

Finally exellente baguarre with Martin Bulgin, I have to try to hold as much as possible. But with the damage that I had it was really difficult.

In any case exellente race and highly the championship.

Sorry my English

Practice: Hated it
Qualifying: Loved it, found the sweet spot that changed car from a 59.8 to a 58.6 :) Q'd 7th I think

Race;
Good start, got to 5th but then got hit down to 10th

...since I had to pit around lap 6, but at least stop was out of way.

I'm not sure after seeing this pic how on earth I managed to avoid your car when you got hit head on there:angry:.

That was my bad Daniel. Sorry for nudging you:(. It was a small one, but in these rwd beasts it makes a big problem!!

I'm not sure after seeing that 2nd pic how on earth I managed to avoid your car when you got hit head on there:angry:.

Had loads of fun with these here. That fast chicane is awesome in these cars. Started 7th dropped to last nearly when waiting 4 both Jim Beam cars to pass as I wasn't sure which one I'd nudged. Made a gr8 2 car pass into T1 at the 2nd lap only to spin coming out of the corner:doh: Spun after pitstop whilst trying to avoid a 2 car crash at the fast chicane and run wide at the last turn later, but otherwise a good fight to 8th.

hmm I thought windows 7 was supposed to be more stable but one bsod and then one windows repair (one good thing about windows 7) which completed sometime over night and I finally able to use my pc again. Hope it was a good race and I hope my participation lasts past the qualifying phase next time.

massive apologies Ryan. I had it in my head that this was on Wednesday :( Sorry to let everyone down again

3.jpg

lol thats me fighting with my car ^^ :th_Jttesur: lost rear under braking :silly:

Every lap I had to fight with the car to stay on track :sarcastic: slipping, drifting and braking was just :poop: First and last race in a V8 Supercar for me I think :tongue: playing with setup didn't help... not my cars hehe

but I found someone to play with :tongue: hehe the battle with you dan was great :):highfive: cool driving :highfive::laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 368 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%