rF2 V8 Supercars @ Calder Park - Mon December 14th 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Darren Gardner

put me down as a maybe i may be home from work in time bloody xmas

Aplogies Ryan, i was expecting my wheel to turn up today but nothing so far. So am not going to be able to make it. I have tried using the 360 pad but i can not get it to feel right with rFactor.

I presume you mean the server, and yes it is :)

No problem.

PS It feels fine on a 360 pad to me :)
hmmm what settings do you use? As it feels way too twitchy for me i can't even drive in a staight line let alone a corner. It's like one little touch is going full lock! I have played with the steering lock in game etc, but it feels like it's steering for me at times and am having to constantly correct the car in a straight line.

Using the XBCD drivers BTW

I grabbed the Barbagallo Short setup from the first post here and instantly had a nice feeling stable car,it finally let me dip in to the 57's,but it takes 100% concentration and commitent,happy enough stringing good low 58's together with some safety margin :).

hmmm what settings do you use? As it feels way too twitchy for me i can't even drive in a staight line let alone a corner. It's like one little touch is going full lock! I have played with the steering lock in game etc, but it feels like it's steering for me at times and am having to constantly correct the car in a straight line.

Using the XBCD drivers BTW
I have most axis settings as low as they can be.

I have the steering axis like this:

Digital Steering Rate: 10%
Speed Sensitivity: 20%
X-Axis: 15%

With a tiny deadzone in the XBCD setup.
Cheers. Just tried now with all the axis at 0 and it feels alot better but it just feels plain odd. To long using a wheel i think is the issue. I can at least drive in a straight line.

I was having a good race... then after taking my stop, all cars disappeared off the track. The server must have dropped me... :weep:

Hope you guys have a good time, it was fun while it lasted. :good:

Not much enjoyment for me there tonight,some really dirty driving,too many knocks up the back end for my liking...i will quickly lose interest in a demolition "push-past" league im afraid.... :bad:.

The final blow for me was arriving upon someone i can only describe as,"faffing about",at the flat out chicane,maybe a younger sharper buck can avoid that incident,but i couldnt...
A sense of boredom and "why bother" sunk in and i retired my banana shaped wreck...

Thank you Ryo for your efforts & ofcourse RD :good:.

great race guys. i got a few pushes from the back and gave some little. But i think that is what its all about with these cars. Got a terible start and made some mistakes at the first hairpin. But after the stops P2. then made a stupid braking mistake and Ben got P2 and i finished on P3. again to Mike congratulation. great driveing from you without mistakes

Cool race again.

Had a hectic start. Those cars where right on the bumper of the guy in front.
Braked at the 200 meter sign. Still tapped Rhys abit but he controled it. :good:
Was round 7 behind James in lap 2 tapped him also a little bit but he also controled it. After that alot of laps alone with Jari close behind me. In lap 16 i decided to pit because i was catching some backmarkers and Jari was right on my tail. After the pitstop i had Gary behind me for a couple of laps. But saw him in my mirror crashing with another car. So did my laps and ended up 6th. Very cool race again. :good:

Thanks for the racing guys, these things are a handful but great fun.

First part of the race flew by as me and Ben duked it out for the lead. Very clean Battle that Ben and you are damn hard to pass m8y, lovely driving. I thought I had you a few times but you came back out ahead each time, some really nice side by side driving :)

I will say there were a few moments when lapping, mostly everything was fine, but on occasion there were a few drivers maybe caught in two minds or slightly hesitant as what to do when being lapped. All I would say is just drive your line and don't do anything unpredictable, no need to move over, just a slight lift when the lapping racer makes a move.

To Gary - I saw something similar and had to go evassive, pretty hairy moment at 150mph sideways and airbourne.

Anyway, Thanks Ryan, great job m8y, looking forward to the league now :)

Well raced all, see you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back