RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yet another action charged event, with an Irish flavour, and on a very tricky track. The first thing a few of us found was that they used an "Irish" calculator to estimate fuel usage here. After William's warning, I added about 2 more laps of fuel, and it still wasn't enough. :sinister:

My expectations were low, wasn't comfy with the Audi and little time to practice.
Qualified ok in P5 though.

Race 1: After some messy incidents in the opening lap (to be expected here), I spent a fair time in P3 and P4. Had a side by side bump with Laurance trying to pass, sorry mate, but I thought I was through. With a few laps to go and in P4, the fuel message arrived. One lap to go, it was obvious I wasn't going to make it, and coughed and spluttered into the pits on fumes. Gave the pitcrew instructions to splash some fuel, but the "Irish" guys decided to change tyres instead. :weep: Went out and died exiting pitlane. :yawn2:

Race 2: Added heaps more fuel this time. Started P9, and thanks to the usual contacts up front, finished lap 1 in P5. Then Peter was checking the pitbabes and forgot to brake, taking out Rhys. Now P3 and then P2. Got a hefty tap from Marty and spun sideways, letting David by. Managed a good pitstop, and came out in front of David, but then became "squeezed between a pair of Lemons" :rotfl: . After a couple of love taps from David, I managed to pass Laurance, who was later hit by David (twice :shock: ). That allowed me to cruise home comfortably in P2.

Thanks all for the Irish flavoured Swedish event. :) .

After running some practice laps in the Bimmer, I was beginning to think that I would make an idiot of myself by running off every corner. It was a massive relief to me that I was able to get some good positions. I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'm actually starting to like these BMWs. Normally, I wouldn't touch them. :bulgy-eyes:
I'm going to make these events my weekly STCC fix from now on.

Qualifying: Bleh, can't remember... I think it was 9th?

Race 1: Had a good start, but got knocked by Kieran (no worries Kieran, thanks for waiting :)). Was able to grab a few positions and after my pit stop, I came out in 8th. The latter half of the race was dominated by that pesky yellow Audi in my mirrors - Olaf, you kept me on my toes all that time. Thanks for the excitement. :thumb: Managed to finish 6th.

Race 2: Another good race. Started P4, jumping to P2 at the first corner, and for the first couple of laps had to glance every now and then at my mirrors due to William's C30 trying to make a move. (BTW William, thanks for the kind comments - they mean a lot. :D) Coming up to T1 on about Lap 3 I was hit off by Peter when he spied a pot of gold under a nearby rainbow. (No problem at all, buddy. :highfive:) I resumed driving until my pit stop. A few moments after I came out of the pits, one of my brother's Steam friends called me up on chat and wouldn't stop asking if my bro was there. Of course, I couldn't reply because I was in the middle of driving a top-class BMW Touring Car around a tight, twisty racetrack. :pissed-off: When he finally stopped sending distracting messages, I took a peek in my mirrors and saw a flash of yellow. Olaf was creeping up behind me again. I managed to hold him off, and finish P6 again.

Great racing, really action-packed, as has come to be expected from these STCC events. See you guys next week... quite possibly in this BMW again! :laugh2:

Looks like I'm not the only one who had a tough time last night!

Qualified P16 but with a pb so that was pleasing. Lost some places taking it easy at the start but then ran wide at the second corner trying to avoid some action in front. Then on the same lap I swerved to avoid someone spinning back on to the track but it was one of the fast corners at the end and I didn't make the corner skewing off and slamming into the barrier. Made it to the pits but was so far behind the leaders were then right on my tail and I didn't want to be a bother so I decided to go off in exactly the same place and lose a wheel! lol

Great fun for my first race anyway, its amazing being in a field that big, must I've raced against so far is 7 on forza 2. I've got the taste for it now.

Excellent track for the Minis. Good choice Andrew. :good:
Congrats for your victory Gary, another fantastic pace from you.

Quali was awful, 18th.
First laps were nice as i was climbing positions. For some periods had an intense and close racing with Richard, Neil and Simon.
However the most hard fights were with Nigel and Rob (again):peace:
No major mistakes, allowed me to finish at 7th place.
Thanks all for the fairplay.

Cheers.

For the first Evo V8 Supercar race on RD, this was extremely enjoyable.

Qualifying: I always do better in small fields, so I qualified 3rd behind Warren and Yves.

Race 1: I took advantage of the start confusion to assume the lead on the first lap. It was short-lived, however. I was rudely interrupted by my crew chief uttering those four words no-one wants to hear: "Your engine is overheating!" Temporarily distracted by this annoyance, I pushed too hard out of the last corner and stacked it into a wall. End of my race. :doh:

Grats to Cam for the win.

Race 2: I started 3rd again, and took 2nd at the first corner, settling in between Warren and Yves. Yves eventually caught up to me and I was passed. The middle stage of the race was uneventful, but in the final laps Cam sent my heart racing. A pity we couldn't take the battle all the way to the finish, Cam. I finished 3rd, indidentally my third podium finish in as many months.

I love these cars. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow - a bigger field will definitely spice things up! :D Congratulations to Cam for the overall win, and good racing from everybody! :dance2:

Our first event with these V8 Supercars went very well, no major problems encountered with the mod. Well done again Gunthar, it works great.
These cars showed that they need special care in applying power through these flowing turns, hit the gas too heavily and you are a gonner.

Qualy put me P2 behind a super lap by Yves.

Race 1: Very short unfortunately. I was waiting on the start line, looked away for a second, and suddenly heard Yves roar off the line. I instinctively hit the gas thinking it was green light, then realized Yves had gone waaaaaay early and I stopped again. This gave me a Stop n Go, so I pulled into the pits after the first lap and got confused about how to do it. While looking at the pit menu, my car was shut down and the race was over.
Spent the time watching the battle for the lead between Cam and Piotrek, very close for most of the race till Piotrek went wide on turn 1. Grats to Cam for his first win, and the first ever win for the V8 Supercars at RD. :clap:

Race 2: Started from P2 next to Yves again, but this time we both waited for the green light :laugh2:. I fluked a rocket start and jumped Yves into turn 1 and opened a small lead. Yves and Rhys then had a battle of the Holdens behind me, allowing me to open a handy 10 sec lead. Apart from one heart stopping and huge mistake in lap 6 (downshifted to first accidently at the end of the runway and went into the turn sideways across the grass), I had a comfortable and clean race, maintaining the gap to Yves and even pulling away as the tyres wore down.
So we managed to get Aussies winning both races. :)
Grats to Cam for the overall win. :highfive:

The only issue I noticed was that during the races the countdown timer was weird, huge numbers, but I suspect that is a problem since the new EVO patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%