rF2 V8 Supercars @ Adelaide - Monday April 18th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
8th start and quite nice launch as well,i dont even remember seeing much drama going on at all for most of lap one,until i created my own drama by just so sadly tapping the back of Miguel V. at the end of the straight,very annoyed with myself and again sorry Miguel,it really killed our race one,i was all for hitting esc and giving myself a black flag,but trudged on and see if i could redeem myself a bit with some sensible racing,got some good action and a nice pass or two as well,i was still grumpy with myself to the finish though,the car was feeling so good on the sprint tyres and i ruined it so early....
Race two from 4th on the reverso grid and got an absolute blinder rocket launch off the line and zapped up in between two competitors right from the lights and settled in behind Ryo in the lead,and so begun some sweet laps of memory lane V8 racing,Ryo was one of my sort of original old school V8 mates so it was nice to see him on track again and get some racing done,sadly the chase ended when he done a classic WallSmack! at the start of the straight,i done it myself about half a dozen times or more in practice and qual so no explanation needed :).
I thought i was off the hook then really as Ryo slowly dropped away with his buggered car,then i noticed Matt F. had suddenly popped up in 2nd place and the gap started dropping madly,so i dug in a bit and gave it a bit more urgency and managed to maintain a happy gap to the finish,race win job done....nice :).

Gratso Matt and all podiums of the night,well done all survivors.

Thank You Adz/Ryo & RD

Well I qualified in the top5 and said to the gang on TS that I'd disco on lap4, I was 1 out - disco'd on lap 3.

Rebooted the router n got back in for race2 starting 23rd. Splendid. Made it up to 7th or 8th behind Adam. We had a good dingdong battle in a pack of 4 or 5 cars then I missed my brake point and spun trying to slow my barge down without wiping Adam out. Got going again in 9th n set about closing down the crowd again with Teo. When we got up to the back of the 4car battle I tried to blast between Adam and the guy in front (sorry I didnt see who it was) when things got a little loose but ended up losing my bumper and the position to Teo. Came home 5th. Great race chaps, congrats to Gary on his win.

78 laps around here should be interesting

I think it'll be best if we sleep over before we make negative reports about the races.
I had a ****ty night. Almost literally ... Poor Qually, D/C in Race 1, took out Butchacho in Race 2 ... Not at all pretty. But you know what - Racing incidents.
The only thing I feel I have to say is a huge sorry for the Race 2, Lap 1, Turn 1 mess that I've created. I could go on and figure out something to say to make it a bit more justified, but I'm not going to. There consequences for these things and I'm ready to take mine.
Enough with the clean bill @ RD. Time for some Infractions !
Hell yeah baby ! :D

Couldn't get any grip with the car tonight, or even any consistancy.

Quali: Got a PB but it was only just a bit quicker than my practice best with a race-load of fuel. P9

Race 1: Made an OK getaway. Received a small nudge on my right door as Lee was squeezed against me. Reached turn 1 and was ahead of both of them and setting myself up nicely for the turn until Ben slammed into the back of me. I was facing the wrong way in the middle of the racing line, so tried getting to the side of the track as quickly as possible, sorry for those that got caught up in it. Got going again in 24th but the car was a pain to drive with the car wanting to go right all the time. Caught up to James and had a good battle with him but I just couldn't get close enough to make a good overtake. About halfway through he spins off releasing me but one lap later I hit the inside of turn 7 and roll it. When I recovered I was behind James again and with Lenno in tow. Lenno and I had a nice little battle but he took his opportunity to pass James and then he was gone leaving James and I behind. We had another good battle but the car was getting even worse to handle and I made a few mistakes. Had a small battle with Roy towards the end and finished 12th.

Race 2: Made a good start and managed to get through turn 1 without incident. A few laps later and I was in a 6 car battle for 3rd. Rob, Daniel, Ian, Anders, myself, and Tim were in a nice line trying to find our way past the one in front. Tim pressured me well and nearly got through a couple of times but then made a mistake and dropped back. Daniel dropped out of the pack as well, leaving the four of us going at it. I made a few moves on Anders out of turn 8 but he quickly learnt where I was quick and was covering the moves. Eventually both he and Ian got past Rob and were pulling away. I got a bit too close to Rob in turn 7 and spun him slightly (apologies). I moved over and let him back through, unfortuantely Teo and Tim got by and there was a bit of a collision with Rob, but they all kept going. Pressured Rob for a lap and then made my move past on the exit of turn 7 and was fully past by the entry to turn 8. I set about catching Tim again but there wasn't enough time. Unfortunately Ian span out of the last corner on the final lap so I ended up in 6th. Was a great race though, even though it is very hard to overtake here. :)

Thanks to all those who raced.

Really anoyed at myself. :( Had a great first race couldn't challenge Ian but could just hold onto him and after his mistake I managed to get 2nd place in R1 was sweet.

Had hoped for good things R2, had a good start and was catching cars ahead untill I made a stupid mistake into turn 8, cliped the inside wall hit the outside, thankfully managed to keep the car to the left and hold it on the wall which meant the incident only affected myself. Really gutted :(. Thanks to Ian for a fun R1 though aswell as Adam for organising all who raced.

Here are some of my highlights of the first race at Adelaide. Look out for Erik "the breakdance kid" Tveit in the white Ford, doing all kinds of moves on track :wink: I have left out 4-5 laps of staying ahead of Adul, and 3-4 laps of staying ahead of Gary on the rise. I will try to upload some footage of the second rae tomorrow :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%