Team ORSM

Hey all,

Thought I'd start a new thread because I've decided to model all the new COTF cars. Attached is a render of the Nissan Altima steering wheel with motec. I'll hopefully get an in game screen shot up soon, the motec is currently functional in game (digital tacho, position, gear, and lap indicators).

Hope you like.

Fryzzy

Attachments

• Nissan Altima30(swheel).jpg
    Nissan Altima30(swheel).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
Could someone please give me a link for the Dunlop series 2012, I looked at the FVR version but don't like it as the car detail is nowhere near as good as the V8factor cars and I saw what Michael ford did with the 2012 Dunlop series. I will only be using the series for my self and will not be using it in live games so If someone could give me the link it would be appreciated a lot

I also have a problem with the season in rfactor for the v8s. I run the season and start with Adelaide and then I go to race 2 and it stays at Adelaide and does that all season so I just go to race weekend and do the events there and manually do the season but It is becoming to boring manually updating and want to know how to fix this issue. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue

Thanks...... here is a few new screenshots of the Altima in action (interior textures are only draft, new UV mapping has been done and the new textures are next), but the motec in the cockpit screenshot is the final. Hope you like.

Attachments

• Altima Motec.JPG
    Altima Motec.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Altima WIP5.JPG
    Altima WIP5.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,547
Last edited:
Looking really good man. Are you planning on doing all cars? If yes then probably not much point in me carrying on as all I wanted was a new mod to race with all cars available so if your planning on doing that then no need for me to spend time on the same stuff I can go back to focussing on dirt oval content.

Butters, Wouldn't you think that teaming up with each other would be a better way to look at it?

Yeah I am more than happy to go down that path if someone is happy to co-ordinate stuff. Ideal scenario from my point of view would be that we focus on a car each until we get them done. I personally would also find it helpful if their was a group of unleashed mod team people to share the models with to help pick apart the models and highlight it's flaws or opportuinities. Working off pics from the net isn't really ideal but you work with what you have.

And on another note. You guy's should really be more focused on rFactor 2 now days. True it has issues in the visual side but we would hope things would be a bit better by the time you've built 5 cars.

It was always my intention for it to be aimed at a next gen game e.g. RF2 or AC. All of my other stuff is for RF2. Just waiting for it to get to a more stable build (final build or very close to).

Hey Doug,

What you dont realise is that the Altima is the first car that i have ever built. The reason i have put it in game is because it was a trial run to see if i could. Now that i know i can get it done, my approach has change.... but again i guess it is up to me what my workflow is.

The altima was going to be released as an unofficial addon car to the ORSM mod but not sure that will be the case now.

Hey Butters,

Ive noticed previously that you were working on your models for ORSM to do textures, physics etc..... given that you have written support from ORSM it would be a shame to stop your development, as i dont have that same support.

After Doug's feedback I'll probably shelve my work and wait for your's and ORSMs release. If you need any feedback let me know.

Keep up the good work.

Fryzzy

I cant speak for butters, but i brought my work here because i was proud of it, but clearly you think that my models are sub-standard. Thats ok everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The screenshots that you posted doug, are they your models?

Can i also ask Butters, have you got written support from ORSM to take your models and get them in game?

Can i also ask Butters, have you got written support from ORSM to take your models and get them in game?

No sort of formal written confirmation. I just thought get them done and if to their standards then they would put them in game.

And Doug I don't mind constructive criticism e.g. That bonnet is all wrong you are missing........ If it is specific at least it highlights what needs to change as opposed to as you said looks great or looks ****.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 142 13.8%