V8 Supercar performance in available cars?

I am enjoying the competition/trial of Bathurst with the wicked BWM Judd.
Will seriously consider buying the track.
I am running a lowly 2:03 after a few laps. The V8 Supercar record is around 2:06 I believe.
I am wondering if any of the existing cars for sale would have similar performance/handling to a current V8 Supercar?
I'm thinking Camaro or Mustang GT3. Any suggestions?
I would be fun to try and do the track in a similar V8 car.

I bought the Mustang GT3 and am hooning around Bathurst in Amateur mode...badly I must say, but it goes pretty good and is a bit of a handful...heavy like I'd imagine an FPV to be. I'm usually a Holden man , but the Mustang appealled to me more than the Camaro. Bathurst is very tricky.......

What about the Corvette GT2?

Corvette GT2
RWD. 5.5 litre V8. 470BHP+. 2745lbs weight.

V8 Supercar
RWD. 5.0 litre V8. 635BHP+. 3086lbs weight.

Power ro weight ratio is a bit out, but with downforce and tyres taken into account, don't think there would be much difference around Bathurst. Plus it sounds like a V8 Supercar :D

Edit: Saying that the record for the V8 Supercar is a 2:07.xxx. GT3 Lap record is a 2:03.8xx :confused:

Haven't tried the Corvette as I tend to stay away from American cars as much as possible.
I might give it a go. I do think the M3 does sound quite a lot like a V8SC though. And it's shape is a lot more similar being more saloon than sports car so it has more body roll etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%