Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

That's a good thing to know before the start of a potential league, personally, I think having 1 hour long races would be ideal (I generally dislike 20min races, there is no strategy of any sort).

Depends on the car. 1 hour race in a touring car, Mini Cooper or similar, get's a bit boring. 1 hour in V8s are pretty good. F1 races can be real length, it is a bit down to the car and class! And championship of course! The 24hrs at Le Mans was awesome in RDLMS Season 3! :)

Racing gets the blood boiling at times... In most cases nobody is looking to screwing with your race. (like wreckers) I am new here but the competition has been fair more or less in the races I have run.

Its the in race stuff that happens... people screw things up, in a way that is part of the fun.

Look, if during racing someone had drafted at the back straight and tried to overtake at the Chase, it would have been all part of the racing, no problem. But when it happens on the last lap of qualifying when you are on your fastest lap, it sucks big time. Both had their lap ruined. If there was simple "sorry" said after the incident, it would have been brushed aside. Combined with immediatelly taken out of the race was too much.

Which is understandable, first someone screws with your hotlap in a frustrating way, then you don't have time to get into the rythm before it hits the fan yet again.

It is a reason why it rules talk about a period to calm down a bit, I don't think anyone would or will have a problem with the latest post ;)

It is frustrating when people so easily ruin what you might've spent some hours on.

Depends on the car. 1 hour race in a touring car, Mini Cooper or similar, get's a bit boring.:)

I actually disagree, I think due to a bit slower pace fighting for a position for 30 minutes is great, but I guess it's just an opinion.;) Admittedly, if this was an hour long race with no strategy (i.e. everyone pits on the same lap and uses the exact same tire compound andamount of fuel) then an extensive fight might get boring, especially when the two drivers drive exactly the same pace and can't really overtake each other.

@Jyri Kettunen - you may have a shitty attitute, but I do sympathise with that. Considering the grid was filled with premium (paying) members, it's not unreasonable to ask for more rigorous oversight during the race. On a flip side, if the admin was a bit more rigorous during the event, I question whether you would even be allowed to start the race. Personally, I would kick you out the second you made that stupid comment while other people were still qualifying.

I actually disagree, I think due to a bit slower pace fighting for a position for 30 minutes is great, but I guess it's just an opinion.;) Admittedly, if this was an hour long race with no strategy (i.e. everyone pits on the same lap and uses the exact same tire compound andamount of fuel) then an extensive fight might get boring, especially when the two drivers drive exactly the same pace and can't really overtake each other.

Yes, fighting for positions over longer time, is fun, but often you don't do that, and, we also tend to have races that is somewhat more representative to the real world counterpart. Touring Car races are short and hectic, Le Mans Series are long and tactic. Then you have a whole load in between ^^, Something for everyone :)

it's not unreasonable to ask for more rigorous oversight during the race.

No matter if it is premium or not, we cannot, and will not, take decisions on driving standards on the server, and on the fly. Mostly, because our personal replays will differ from the replays of the ones involved, but also due to time contraints, and the fact that we discuss situations among the staff.
We will of course kick out rammers and such, and people who clearly, don't follow the rules, and doesn't improve after a warning.

But it is the club, it is supposed to be calm, fun, and a place where people can grow as racers, mistakes do happen, it's just how it is.
I am sure the driver involved with Jyri doesn't brag about his mistake, and I don't think the driver would like to see all this writing about it either. The driver is fully aware of the mistake, now let him/her learn from it, grow on it, and come back stronger. That is what the club is for!

Serious hardcore racing, that's the leagues! That's where I find my lust for blood! In the clubs, it's more like watching kittens cuddle!

giphy.gif

my first club race here, actually my first race at Bathurst outside of iRacing. Coming into this, I knew these cars really aren't my thing. High power, RWD, no down force touring cars, yeah I'm really not good in them :p However I'm so glad there V8 Supercar that I can drive and enjoy now. Had a pretty fun race. Spun right at the end, was totally my fault, pushed a little too hard trying to keep the podium.

Was really nice :) Thanks guys :)

I also recorded my side, will edit it and upload it at some point over the next couple of days :)

The format is good.
But would be nice also have the sprint and the intermediate race.

Also get rid of parc ferme rules.

I race SCE in other places and only here at RD the server have those rules.

The real Aussie V8 series dont have those rules in real life, if Im not mistaken.
Agree on the rules, it needs to go. The more setup and strategy options there are the more it counts to race smart not fast. It's nice when going into an event with a plan actually matters. Nice leg up for those who can't practice a lot, but planned their strategy in advance.

Disagree as to the race format, though that could be just me being weird. Sprints are the most unexciting thing I've ever had to deal with here are at RD back when I was a regular few years ago. They sucked then and, as far as I'm concerned, they still suck. Always hated the fact that RD didn't run leagues (at least within games I actually played) where people didn't have to waste their time on short 20min races that remind me of public servers more than anything else (yes, I know those are usually two 20-30min races, all that means two me is I have to go through a pub-esque race twice not once). I am not one of the hardcore guys, or fast guys, or endurance guys, but the idea of having two sprint races on a single day in anything else than WTCC is really meh to me. I guess it would be best to do some kind of poll, I don't want to throw my own opinion upon others, but I have a feeling many people also don't care for short sprints.

As for an intermediate race - you mean a race that is longer than an hour? I think the idea is interesting, but it really stretches what most people can sign up for. Even if it's just one race during the season, it's a huge time committment and those with families may struggle. Plus, those cars are difficult to drive and anything significantly longer than 1 hour could result in half of the grid not even finishing (as demonstrated today).

Anyway, it's probably just me being picky, but I would be interested to see what a poll like that would say. Unless it was decided to run a league that resembles the v8 series from real life which (if I found the right wiki page) would be a nightmare for me (3 sprint rases on one track? damn...) :D

First time racing in a club event and it was tbh terrible. I was off the pace and during the race took out somebody(cant rmb the name). But it was a interesting exprience nonetheless. Hopefully rdtcc would be better for me. Been practising like hell for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back