Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Shout out to @Joao Fernandes - That was one heck of a battle dude, I hope you found it fair. My tyres were on really done the whole way through, but it was a hell of a challenge to try and keep you back.
It seems we're making a habit of this, first that GT3 race at Donnington and now this!

just ran the replay ....i crashed at the mountain bit and 2 cars collided with me ...really sorry i was trying to escape out as quick as i could. was watching the race after and the battle between tal and joao was amazing. i hope to race again and get better as was 8 seconds a lap off the pace but this was my first race

@Tal It was perfect mate. Just great fun and fair racing.
I tried everything but had to be extra careful not to upset the car and crash us both. There were some scares but in the end it was great. With two laps to go i desperately tried to keep the position but the tires and brakes couldn't handle that much and went straight :p. After that with one lap to go nothing much i could do just bring it home and hoping you would make a big mistake.:D

Reactions: Tal
I wasn't aware you could run an entire race at Bathurst on Soft Compound tires O_O
That was my problem too. I was running practice on soft compound for a couple of hours before the race. Then I started thinking to myself 'omg, there's no way soft compound is going to last 60min race' and changed it to hard. Instant 2-3s slower pace per lap and it resulted in some major mistakes in the race (hitting walls in sector 2).

Also, I am new to GSCE on top of that (playing less than a week). I still need to kill off some habits from Race 07. I actuaslly think that blue flags maybe did not bug out on me; it could be normal in GSCE that you get a blue flag warning very late, in Race 07 the flag pops out very early so you can prepare yourself. But over all I am not that unhappy about the race. I just hope I didn't frustrate people too much.

BTW: For a first race with Super V8s it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. In a couple of months we should have a rather competent grid ready for the league. :D

Well that was a 5 second race for me. Some fecker jump started and hit my car. I got suspension damage and a jump start penalty. This is the last RD-race for me, cheers!
that had to be me, sorry. i messed up my launch control and went off wayyy to early and hit you.
after all the reminding it had to be me to mess up before the race even started, sorry again

**** happens...

Nah, first my quickest qualy-lap was ruined by a RD-regular who though it would be cool in qualifying to use draft and attempt overtaking at the Chase, and then there was the fella who couldn't control his car under red lights. What's the point of practicising for these events when they are, more often than not, just a big joke? There's better virtual racing elsewhere, and I'm heading there, permanently.

Great race everyone, this was very clean for such a difficult combination. Looking forward to the league!
The soft tyres definitely needed manageing - I used two sets and had them both down to about 35-40% and that's with me babying them a bit.
@Szymon Olizarowicz
I always use the track map in GSC. Cars that are either a lap down or up compared to you are shown in blue on it, others in white. Activate it with 0 on the Numpad.
@Jyri Kettunen
Cool down. Joern apologized and he is devoting his free time to our enjoyment.

I see. What you gonna do? Ban yourself?
If he violated our golden rule and spun you out without waiting to give you back your position and you have the decency to address a proper incident report to the staff will take a look at it and act accordingly. Staff follows the same rules as our members of course.

Also an apology is in place as you don't need to address your fellow racers as feckers. That's not the kind of attitude we need around here.

As you are obviously not happy with the service we provide, please do PM @RaceDepartment for a full refund and you can race elsewhere without the loss of a penny :thumbsup:

Great racing guys, Thanks for the close battles. The car, the tires, the track, pitting, and some contact to make the experience a complete success. I managed to put my car quite high on the grid considering the competition. The start was clean as was the first lap with the drivers near me. Then the racing started to settle in and it was game on.

An unfortunate passing attempt by <insert explicates> on the run down into the chase left the two of us spinning at 275 kph down the hill into the barriers. I tried to shake it off, but needed to pit for repairs.

From that point (about lap 10) it was a recovery drive to finish on the lead lap.

Great Stuff, Thanks guys. Congratulations to the podium

1.Oscar
2. Yuri
3 Austin

http://simresults.net/150906-BY6

I'll definitely consider using the track map, although so far I found it extremely distracting. I too am loking forward to the league!

BTW: I don't know if you take any suggestions at this point, but it seems to me that 1hr long races are the way to go with these cars. You get some really nice strategy when it comes to tires and fuel management. I think that length would be perfect for a league once everyone gets comfortable with these cars on a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back