V8 Supercar, how is it?

Hi.

I've used iRacing on 2 previous occasions. 1st when they did the pre release roll out for a few months. Then I went back again last year for a 3month stint and enjoyed most of my time there.

Due to lack of finances I've only got the stock content (although atleast the MX-5's and the street stock have been added), but my main reason for wanting another crack is to drive the V8 Supercar.

Basically I'm wanting someone to convince me that she'll be worth popping down the money for it:).

Any thoughts from owners of the V8 Supercar?

Cheers,

Phil.

Very much so mate. It has a very steep learning curve but at the same time extremely rewarding, the competition is fierce aswell. My only gripe was the standard FFB is very very harsh, i think they did this to get across the weight of the car but it's too much for me. Dropped it down to 10 and it feels great, it's one of the better cars for FFB and responds well to setup tweaks.

Thanks Lee:good:. I like heavy FFB so that might suit me even more:). How would you say the handling is compared to the V8 Supercars in rFactor? They never quite feel weighty enough for such a large car. The video I saw here of the V8 Supercar looked very true to the actual racing car.

I'm still on the fence about the v8, I've had it for almost 2 seasons now and have yet to race in it. The car is a heavy beast and the brakes never worked for me. Participation is low, but with new people like you signing up that can change. I'm not saying I don't like the car, I really haven't put in the time with the car to know. My FFB is usually set at 5, going up to 8 on some cars like the mustang.

The handling is far more advanced tbh. The V8 mod for rFactor is very good but this is just so much better but that's tio be expected with a mod group vs real data. The car feels really weighty and the FFB puts this across but it also feels like it should with 600+ BHP. The power is just instant as soon as you hit the gas she dances like crazy. Still quite understeery like the rFactor mod on default setting but as said responds well to setup inpaticular camber settings. The sound is just stunning and when you watch them back via replay, it behaves very realistic. i think they are the best model in iRacing

Yes the one thing I found difficult with the rFactor mod (as excellent as it is) was getting rid of the understeer.

I think I'll have to take the plunge and give her a go. I wont be able to race it straight away as I'll need to get my rating up, but I'll be able to test it if I'm right in remembering?

Oh I didn't think of the hosted servers. That hadn't been implemented when I last used iRacing.

I think I'm going to go up to my racing rig and take the plunge. I'll be back later with my opinions. Thanks for your input and thoughts Lee and William also :).

The V8 is the worst road car in the sim. Simply horrible.

Huge V8 supercars fan, and really wanted to love the car in iRacing..but it's just awful and shows off the flaws in the tyre model more than any other road car in the sim.

There's a reason the Pro series has been as good as dead this year..... The car stinks.

Well I'd love to find out, but I spent all night trying to get iRacing to run. Managed to install fine. Downloaded all updates and bought my V8 Supercar. On the site it says my service is up to date, but anytime I try to join a session or go testing it just sits there and does nothing. I even try to run the iRacing background service manually, but still nothing. Uninstalled, downloaded installer and updates a 2nd time and still the same.

Made sure all iracings .exe etc are excepted by windows firewall. Even tried it with firewall off, but nothing. Made sure Java scripts and cookies are enabled. Tried both Firefox (my main browser) IE8 and IE9beta. Still nothing. I'll have to go through the hassle of reformatting and installing windows 7 which will fill up the last of my spare time this weekend:mad: .

Not happy as I've done nothing unusual to my system since running iRacing last year. Not iRacings fault just my bad luck at the moment:bad:.

I'm new to iRacing, but not new to sim racing. From what I have read, the V8SC is not well liked by many and loved by some. I have the Corvette, and it's an outstanding car. While I'm not the fastest in it, it's solid, handles like I'd expect a race car to handle, is well balanced and fast; it's popular to boot. It's a left side car, though.

d

Have you tried this Philip? I had a similar problem and this is what worked for me. http://www.answers-script.com/iracing/article.php?id=117

Hi John.

Yes I tried that when I updated the install at the 2nd attempt. I'm not sure if I did it b4 running the installer though, so I'll give it another try when I get home. I've left my other pc downloading the updates to see if it works on that. I wont be able to race on it as it isn't setup for gaming, but then I can rule out my network settings.

If not then I'll just have to format and install again:bad:.

I'm new to iRacing, but not new to sim racing. From what I have read, the V8SC is not well liked by many and loved by some. I have the Corvette, and it's an outstanding car. While I'm not the fastest in it, it's solid, handles like I'd expect a race car to handle, is well balanced and fast; it's popular to boot. It's a left side car, though.

d
Yes the Corvette is one I'd like to try at some point. Wish they did a free 1 hour trial of the cars. As I'd love to see what the Grand Am, Mazda and Jetta are like. I've taken a risk with the V8 as I like them in rFactor and wanted to see how they felt in iRacing.

I don´t enjoy driving it that´s for sure. It weighs to much and the brakes seem to be replaced with nothing lol.
But i think it´s because i haven´t really sat down and tried to master it.
Will try lowering the FFB like someone mentioned, strangely that´s the only car i never fiddled with the FFB strength.

It just doesn´t drive like you see in videos for example. You can´t attack stuff with the car imo. What does is weigh in real life? I know the car is relatively heavy for a racecar but it´s still pretty light compared to regular cars. Like an Enzo which weighs the same.
To me it´s brake way way earlier then you think, then turn in, then wait for it.... and then GO! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 75 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.8%