V8 Stock visibility?

Fabio Rodrigues

Reiza Studios Community Manager
Hey guys.

I'm a loooooong time lurker, almost-first-time poster, and in the past month or so I've been steadily playing more racing sims. They always were an interest of mine, and now are dangerously becoming a hobby.

I bought GSCE and have been extremely (hah!) impressed with it so far. Great cars, tracks, the driving feels impressively good, etc. Congratulations to Reiza on a job well done, and I wish them success in the future (I'm certainly going to support them!)

I do have one not-so-minor issue. I find the main, modern V8 Stock Cars way too claustrophobic to drive. I have a single-monitor setup (no desk space nor money to think of a triple-screen for a while), and no matter how much I fiddle with the FoV and the seat settings, I just can't find anything that lets me drive comfortably - the track is only a smallish strip on my screen. It makes it very hard to find ideal braking points for things like the extra little chicane in Interlagos, etc.

So is there any way to deal with that through the settings? Failing, that, is there some mod that changes the stock cars to something a bit more open? I tried the Porsche Carrera Cup mod and it was a revelation, the way you can actually *see* the track, for instance. Lately I've just been racing the Minis (so. much. fun), but I'd like to tackle the big stock cars in the future.

Thank you for reading!

It does take some getting used to, that's for sure. I was tempted to use hood view, but stuck with cockpit view and I'm glad I did; once you get used to it, the immersion is so much better.

Thank you! I might. Someday. Still learning GSCE (and AC, and R3E, and I also play Race 07 and F1 2013 and Grid:AS [shutupit'sfunitreallyis]), so once I feel able to not make a complete ass of myself I'll take a closer look. Hard for me to use any sort of teamspeak because I have a small baby in the apartment and the only playing time I get is when she's asleep at night, so talking is not advised then. And my internet can be a bit dodgy. And I'm listing excuses, I swear I'll stop and be good.

Anyway! I had already downloaded the Porsche Carrera mod as said earlier, and also the sweet, sweet Clio one. And now I found out about that huge Blancpain one... seriously, how is one supposed to get *any* work done with all this stuff? (not to mention all the AC stuff, and the, er, 300 tracks I have in Race 07... sigh. Just... sigh.)

There is one more thing to do...if you understand basics about lens in photography you will understand my point...(hope so! ;))

you can change de camera position on the file StockV8_cams, and movin it more to the back (just a little bit), the you can narrow the de view angle and get more zoom with less FOV, so you will have a more tele like perspective and still see the lateral window and mirror.
IF you use a high FOV in one monitor the perspective will be seriusly distorted like a fish eye lens.

Hope you understand my bad english!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing