Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Server was up Troy, no idea why you couldn't see it sorry.

So the grid order was messed up for the race for some reason, I don't know why, and after restarting the race I didn't have time to go and fix it all, it would have taken an age figuring out who was where, and I've never done it before. As it happens, by trying to talk to people complaining about the fact I took 5 minutes to restart the race and trying to tell people just to race and to have fun regardless, I ended up not getting on the grid in time for the restart so all that practice for nothing. Was having fun up to that point.

Despite the silly grid issue, I hope you all had a fun race and made the most out of it. You certainly got more fun out of it than I did. Looks like Reiza are doing something with the online lobby etc, so perhaps it would have made no difference and it was just bad timing.

Last edited:
Sorry for the inconvenience at the first start. my engine suddenly stalled in neutral:O_o: just before the start. Is that possible in these cars or is it a bug? Never had that happen before v1.20. Later in the race I had a 5 second screen freeze (as probably everybody had) and finally missed the restart. Again sorry for making the first start such a mess, but so far I don't like this update!

Edit: Now the game says "multiplayer matchmaking not available". Seriously, is this Early Access as well? What's the point of a game running on gmotor2 if it's just as buggy as unfinished software?

I missed the race as well, as I did not know the race restarted so fast!!
Not cool spending your evening and then it all mess up.

I have been away for quite a while now and at was so cool to be back, so i will see all of you on the track, hope you hat a fun race.

Well, I crashed out on the 2nd lap... shame I had very little time to practice this week, and couldn't get a setup I liked at all. But the event itself was fun! Sorry for all the people I interfered with during practice as well.

And yeah, it seems Reiza is doing something with the online part of the game, hopefully that fixes the grid issue we had.

Have race finally? "multiplayer matchmaking not available"
No, when I open the multiplayer menu option it either says "No games avilable" or "multiplayer matchmaking not available". Not a big deal now anyway since I won't join any races today and the races already running seem to be working. It's just weird because it worked fine about 1.5 hours earlier. Hopw it will work again tomorrow or next week. Maybe the master server is down.

Edit: Already working again. I resynched the GSC.exe Don't know whether that had any influence on the matter.

Last edited:
Well I pulled out due to wreckless driving by others, or one in particular, took me out in quali and pushed me out in race and carries on as if nothings happened, then I see him slam into a backmarker who was on the race line, its ridiculous, makes me mad :mad: no excuses, I know the grid was messed, and I was leaving the faster cars pass when they got close, I wont bother next time!
This isn't a league race, I like to win/race as much as the next man, but fairly......

Andrew thanks for trying bro, considering the upgrade came out in this morning it's amazing the race even got off, we'll all get up to speed. I was driving off line and man this sim is even more amazing than before. Would it be a good Idea to put up Road Atlanta with all the cars for the week on the server so we can test it out. Does that make any sense?1:) I wouldn't have been able to race anyway my connection is dropping out every 10 minutes anyway:p

Was a fun enough race, a shame so many drivers DNF'ed. I don't know the reason, but out of a grid this big, only 7 finished.
I wouldn't take to heart anything that happened in this race, people should take an easier approach to club races and try t enjoy the race even if they were placed incorrectly on the grid. It's not the win that counts, it's the fun you have while achieving that win that does. I'd rather race from the back and finish a flawless 5th, than start at the front and finish 1st. That also includes preferring to win\finish a clean race rather than a clumsy - crashy one.

Apology list (I know I apologised on Teamspeak already, but to make it formal):
@Andrew James - that bit where I came back onto the track and caused you to swerve - sorry about that, it was a very stupid thing to do, i'll be more careful next time.
@Cai Williams - the start incident at the first chicane - didn't judge that correctly, should have come in slower.
@Yuri Kasdorp - the same start incident. I didn't realize you spun out, should have waited, but the start was confusing as usual.

Was a fun enough race, a shame so many drivers DNF'ed. I don't know the reason, but out of a grid this big, only 7 finished.
I wouldn't take to heart anything that happened in this race, people should take an easier approach to club races and try t enjoy the race even if they were placed incorrectly on the grid. It's not the win that counts, it's the fun you have while achieving that win that does. I'd rather race from the back and finish a flawless 5th, than start at the front and finish 1st. That also includes preferring to win\finish a clean race rather than a clumsy - crashy one.

Apology list (I know I apologised on Teamspeak already, but to make it formal):
@Andrew James - that bit where I came back onto the track and caused you to swerve - sorry about that, it was a very stupid thing to do, i'll be more careful next time.
@Cai Williams - the start incident at the first chicane - didn't judge that correctly, should have come in slower.
@Yuri Kasdorp - the same start incident. I didn't realize you spun out, should have waited, but the start was confusing as usual.
No problem man, I didn't know what happened either so could as well have been me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%