Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

A
Edit: Just to add, I completely understand your frustration. I've been there. You wouldn't believe the number of times I have to say the same things week in, week out. I even posted a special reminder for this race and some people still broke rules. I have to say though that there is a core group of guys who race GSC week in week out and are very very clean racers. When a new update for GSC comes in with new cars, it attracts a few other drivers who aren't as, let's say, experienced, and can cause some issues. Some drivers didn't even read the race information.

Well I suppose you mean the likes of me as I don't race regularly in the GSCE club. But when I do I always give space, move over when lapped, never ever crash into the back of anyone and finally I never ever dive bomb. You know why, coz it doesn't matter about winning or beating some other league racer that is doing club races for fun whilst ignoring the casual members who just want a clean race and fair race. What ever happened to taking the first lap steady, maintaining position whilst your tyres get up to temp? What ever happened to racing etiquette?
But Andrew I understand your frustration too. So I apologise for bringing this up here.

First race was awful, into the wall of champions with the back end on lap 4 and nursed suspension damage for a lap before it was too much to handle, didn't want to ruin anyone's race if I lost it.

Race 2 was much better for me, finished 5th I think, lots of fighting with other cars great fun. Andrew lost balance into the final corner on lap six making me have to go off line and into one hell of a slide that i'm happy to say I caught! So easy to overdrive these cars.
9718-1427832080-9baec5d54da532af88c7dbb3e6ba67b6.jpg

Was great fun, thanks guys.

Well I suppose you mean the likes of me as I don't race regularly in the GSCE club. But when I do I always give space, move over when lapped, never ever crash into the back of anyone and finally I never ever dive bomb. You know why, coz it doesn't matter about winning or beating some other league racer that is doing club races for fun whilst ignoring the casual members who just want a clean race and fair race. What ever happened to taking the first lap steady, maintaining position whilst your tyres get up to temp? What ever happened to racing etiquette?
But Andrew I understand your frustration too. So I apologise for bringing this up here.
No, not you at all, honestly. I meant more in general; the pattern of game updates leading to an influx of racers, which is great for numbers, but it also leads to problems as we saw today.

Is it possible to set a grid with the winners of race 1, if not, then perhaps a 2nd race with the race 1 grid itself? The backmarkers can battle amongst themselves then and the frontrunners can do the same, all with atleast a little less confusion and a little less of people getting hurt.

Is it possible to set a grid with the winners of race 1, if not, then perhaps a 2nd race with the race 1 grid itself? The backmarkers can battle amongst themselves then and the frontrunners can do the same, all with atleast a little less confusion and a little less of people getting hurt.
I don't know. But the point is we shouldn't have to.

But this is all putting something of a damper on the evening. There are things we can improve but overall it was fun. I had a good time, so thank you all who contributed to that!

@Nox I don't think you were in 4th when you crashed race two, I'm pretty sure you were in first place, and going fast too! That was the spot I exploded my car on race one, so I know your pain. All in all it was fun racing but of course a grid this large does have some drawbacks. Race one I had some decent lag on the first few laps. Combined with my nerves made some sloppy driving on my part including going off a little too much on turn one. It was mostly clean from what I saw. There was one move that frustrated me but other than the one move that racer seemed clean. I am pretty happy for winning one though!! I think I have only won one car race before this. These cars should be some fun for future events as well!

Reactions: Nox
First race was good, doing pretty decent laps and was fighting with @Jason in our rival batlte here, passed him and then there was a crash ahead, and got 4th for free. Bit of lag after that with Frank saw me off with suspension damage but I managed to pass @Jason again, proving who the better driver of the 2 is:cool:
2nd race I bumped someone into the 3rd corner a bit, got a bit of damage but nobody got disadvantaged.
After that the race was amazing, had a fight with @Matej Lakota the whole time since the 2nd lap, untill about the end. Almost got 3rd starting 22nd (without making up too many positions first lap) and was only 0.07 short. All in all good racing exept for race 2 first lap!
"2nd race I bumped someone into 3rd corner......." was ME!! :O_o:...."..... And @Sven-Arne Andersson DID get disadvantage by me hitting him after our collision! So apologies Sven, :whistling: I did pull over.;)
As for the races themselves.....great fun! Nice to see a full grid, if a bit 'tight' on this circuit!?:thumbsup:
Thx @Nox

You know what, while there might have been some issues or lets say challenges with the big grid, it's really pretty cool and I think we would all rather see 30 people than 4!! I hope people continue to come out. Also the more we race with familiar people the more we trust them and know what they will do, and that's when it gets even more fun! Every time there is a kart race I know @Enzo Fazzi and I will be going side by side through some turns!

"2nd race I bumped someone into 3rd corner......." was ME!! :O_o:...."..... And @Sven-Arne Andersson DID get disadvantage by me hitting him after our collision! So apologies Sven, :whistling: I did pull over.;)
As for the races themselves.....great fun! Nice to see a full grid, if a bit 'tight' on this circuit!?:thumbsup:
Thx @Nox

Hey Mark, No problem. I know that I am an early breaker (don´t think I ever will learn to break later that many of you guys does) and it can be hard to know when the car in front will start braking and how hard also by the way so even if a safe distance to the car in front can sometimes not be enough. Looking forward to the V8 race tomorrow.

(...)the pattern of game updates leading to an influx of racers, which is great for numbers, but it also leads to problems as we saw today.

Isn't that what Club Racing is about? Lowering the bar so rookies feel safe to try out online racing? Having fun in a more relaxed atmosphere? Surely you cannot expect newer people to be performing flawlessly?
The Championships are the more serious parts of RD, or so I understood.

Getting into an enormous grid like this is already quite stressful for a rookie. I feel some people forget this. Yet here in the threads rookies are openly welcomed to try out club racing. Which is pure awesomeness! But it feels a little unfair to come down on the less experienced players like this during the session and in its aftermath then if some rookies do dare to take the step and things do not go as planned for whatever reason.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't even able to start (facepalm again), so I know for sure people weren't talking about me during the race. But as a rookie I do want to raise the flag for those who did race. It's super exciting and a great oppertunity to get into simracing, but this nitpicking and complaining during the session and afterwards in this thread doesn't really make me feel welcome next time.

Last edited:
Isn't that what Club Racing is about? Lowering the bar so rookies feel safe to try out online racing? Having fun in a more relaxed atmosphere? Surely you cannot expect newer people to be performing flawlessly?
The Championships are the more serious parts of RD, or so I understood.

Getting into an enormous grid like this is already quite stressful for a rookie. I feel some people forget this. Yet here in the threads rookies are openly welcomed to try out club racing. Which is pure awesomeness! But it feels a little unfair to come down on the less experienced players like this during the session and in its aftermath then if some rookies do dare to take the step.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't even able to start (facepalm again), so I know for sure people weren't talking about me during the race. But as a rookie I do want to raise the flag for those who did race. It's super exciting and a great oppertunity to get into simracing, but this nitpicking and complaining during the session and afterwards in this thread doesn't really make me feel welcome next time.
I see your point but I think you misunderstand. Rookies are very very very welcome. It is only a problem when people don't follow the most basic rules (and rookies aren't only to blame). I guess 'inexperienced' is the wrong word, so I apologise. There are drivers who join in who don't read the rules. That's when there are problems. And mistakes happen; that's why we have the golden rule of waiting if you disadvantage someone. It's all about clean racing over winning. Should also say that this 'nitpicking' was exactly what I wanted to avoid in this thread because it never helps. Anyone is welcome, even in leagues, no matter how fast or slow they are, so long as they follow the basic racing rules. When they don't, we get people leaving events unhappy, such as today. That's why this whole discussion has started.

Anyway, we move on. Everyone is welcome next time, and everyone is expected to respect others on track. Simple! I'd rather race with 10 rookies who are clean racers than 10 veterans who aren't.

ah
First race was good, doing pretty decent laps and was fighting with @Jason in our rival batlte here, passed him and then there was a crash ahead, and got 4th for free. Bit of lag after that with Frank saw me off with suspension damage but I managed to pass @Jason again, proving who the better driver of the 2 is:cool:
2nd race I bumped someone into the 3rd corner a bit, got a bit of damage but nobody got disadvantaged.
After that the race was amazing, had a fight with @Matej Lakota the whole time since the 2nd lap, untill about the end. Almost got 3rd starting 22nd (without making up too many positions first lap) and was only 0.07 short. All in all good racing exept for race 2 first lap!

Nice battle Yuri and you drove the better race! It was close but hats off.

I had a lot of fun, I think the track was a tad tight for this cars and the full grid but was really good fun any way!

Well done all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline