Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

I am curious, what is a competitive time for tonight? :)

Robin, lap times are not discussed because it might put people off or make them get down hearted.
I just take it for granted now that any practice I do and any fast lap time I manage goes out of the window when the aliens just leave you behind and go off on their own private race far ahead. If you are like me, you'll just concentrate on racing and having fun with those at the back whilst getting out they way of the fast boys when they invariably start lapping you. ;)

With a field this big, it is going to be fun I can assure you of that. Hopefully the fast boys ahead will all crash each other out and bash each others ego's so that they rage quit. :whistling: ;) :)

Thanks @Stig Bidstrup
The new Fanatec pedals are great, but it's the first time I've used a load cell brake before and getting used to that as well. I'm braking much earlier into the corners than I was before because I can't generate enough brake pressure (even on load setting 10). Need to strap the desk chair down as well so it doesn't keep bloody moving! haha :roflmao:

I've bought the CSR Elites in January, which is also the first time I used a load-cell. I have the cell set to 6 and use 100% brake pressure in-game. The setting on the pedal is personal preference, I can fully press it at 3 (with my stronger right foot), not easily though, 6 is quite comfortable for me and for more casual racing I've got it to 9 or 10-ish. I do recommend using 95% - 100% pressure, since you already regulate the pressure with your foot. :)

Also, lots of fun again yesterday! Even won the second race after starting from the back.

sorry if I change the subject, but ... does anyone have a good setup ?

Regarding setup, if you use low ABS (allowed for these cars), then remember that you can crank the brake pressure up quite a bit, and also reduce duct size, which should let you brake rather later than without it.

Since it's a short race, you can also reduce tyre pressure a few clicks, and also ride height as well.

Give us a setup example then. I'm rubbish at setups and invariably just go for standard.

In my opinion, the standard one is not that bad, if driven soflty. I don't share full setups because it does not really make sense. What's confortable for me might be a horrendous behaviour of the car for others.

So far, I only changed the differential settings. I've put the power all the way down and the coast all the way up (the preload all the way up too). It might be slower when exiting turns, but I feel like it gives a better grip when turning. Again, that's only my opinion! ;)

I am curious, what is a competitive time for tonight? :)

With this many people I would suggest that consistency will be as important as lap times. Someone could be three seconds faster a lap but if they go off track or crash then the person that is a little slower but consistent can beat them. Of course fast and consistent would be the most ideal I suppose :)

Yesterday I sat down to and was in the zone and so ready for racing the Tourings at Montreal, but to my big disappointment it was the Camaros that showed up at the server list.
I switched the dates :mad:

I have stretched my cancellation until now, hoping my friend would cancel our appointment tonight, but no!

Instead of racing with you guys, I am going to eat shrimps, aioli and drinking Chardonnay and watch Better Call Saul (very grown up), and normally a fair trade off, but not for tonight.

I hope to see such a large field again with the Tourings maybe at Bologna (nice combo).
Have fun tonight.

And yes, I am out :cry::cry::cry:

First, apologies for the chat msg I sent during Quali. As TS was so busy I didn't think twice about it, sorry.

Secondly, my race ended right at the start. For some reason my pedals didn't do anything.
Do you need to start your engine when you're on the grid? If so, then you can all show me a big ass facepalm right here! :D
The shock was so big that I immediately disconnected from the server to prevent any issues for you guys, but checking my hardware in Windows seemed to report no issues.
So this feeling creeps up on me that I should have started the engine or some other feature I missed?
We all learn the hard way some times, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%