RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualy - ended up in 4th because of Gary's bad luck :(, but I wasn't happy as I had driven many laps .5 down but kept messing up somewhere, but not bad for me.

race 1 - I came into 4th at the start and after some messups on the part of others I moved into 3rd. I drove kind of cautiously because I often meet the wall here at some point, this allowed Adam to start gaining around lap 9, but then he spun. A lap or two later I saw Cristian on the side of the road missing his bumper, which put me in second. Stayed there through the finish.

Race 2 - A little two eager on lap one sent me off course and was back at 11th. A few mistakes by some gentlemen in front of me had me back in eighth spot behind Corey, I tried to pass badly at one point and we bumped. I waited and then back at it with Corey again. We each had our share of mistakes, but his last one proved worse than mine and I ended in 6th I think.

Overall I shared third with Peter at 10 points each. Fun Races thanks Yves.

What a great event! Excellent turnout (17) and super racing.

Qualified poorly. I've have been practicing for the F3000 league all week and the trusty old Honda is just a little bit different :smile:

Finished 12th both races. It's the first 2 races I've run without having any vehicle damage!!!!! A small victory I know, but my sponsors are thankful I didn't total another one :smile:

Had a blast and grats to the podium!

OK, stayed late at work processing some LiDAR data and left on my bicycle just in time for the Portland downpour. Got pretty wet but was only ten minutes late for practice. So I am not in a proper frame of mind to deal with the likes of our resident aliens. I, of course, in the true RD spirit, chose the BMW 06 390 - which I hate with a passion. Bad Combination of circumstances from the start.

Never got comfortable with car or set-up. Over-tweaked the set-up in P and Q and times kept going up. Started the race in last - - thankfully, and fought the car all the way to last.

@Cristian, my fault - I thought you were going to the inside and lifted slightly.

R 2: Had a great start and could have picked off a few more places but I had bad lag. (this time William, I will blame my wife and daughter who were doing stuff on the internet on their laptops). Alas, the lag was so bad that I ran into Bob on the straight and just let everybody through.

Tried to hit my marks and lap somewhat consistently. Grats to the podium and I am glad Cristian got his well-deserved victory in the second heat.

Brilliant racing one of the best events by far.

Qaulifying: to my shock and major surprise and qaulified 3rd. Dont no how but I did and was well happy.

Race 1:

Had a bad start as william got on the outside of me then Yves gave me a nice little kiss in the rear causing me to take the first bends sideways ( no worries Yves it was only a little tap and didnt throw me off). So from that I was in 5th. Then a BMW ahead got all shacky out of turn 3 so i slipped on the inside and took him on turn 4. Was chasing down Corey and then into the fast left hander on the top of the hill he touched the grass and went sideways and i almost collected him. So I was into 4th and chasing William. I was catching him then lap 4 i went off at the right hander bfore the hill losing me loads of time. Got the gap down to 1 second on lap 10 then threw it all away at the left hander at the top of hill, touched the grass on outside. Then yves did the same thing lol and hit me as i was pulling myself off the tyres. So got off and was still 4th when on the next lap I did exactly the same. Hoe stupid am i. i think it was down to the lft front being warn as hell and as i lined up for my braking point was drifting off to the left. So that put me in 7th and theres where i stayed.

Was gutted as if it wasnt for mistakes I would of been racing with william.

Race 2:

Started on P2 and got a good start and was in P1. Christian must have had a brilliant start in his BMW and was right behind me into turn 2. then 2nd to last turn got abit wide and Christain was through. I stayed with him for abit but then he stoped playing i think and off he went. Then I had Yves and behind yves was keith. I was faster than yves and just wanted to get a healthy gap from yves and hopefully he could keep keith at bay while i trodded off. got a goo lead on Yves and on lap 6 keith had got him and now he was after me as he needed 2nd o take the overall win. And he was catching me fats. I was driving faltless and had a good pace. then lap 8 a back marker got wide on the right hander at the top of the hill and came back on track sideways nd as he collected it he turned towards me but I think he just seen me and just moved to the side. Thank you whoever that was that must not have been easy as I seen you were sideways. the gap now between me and keith was 0.8 secs. then lap 10 i got abit of a crap exit on last turn and he got me on the striahgt. But into turn 2 he went wide and i thought I could get him but i madethe same mistake. In the end finished 3rd and was well happy.

Happy with the event but gutted about race 1. Thanks Yves for the event and well done to Keith and Christian

That's no problem Bill, I could have been a bit more cautious when coming up behind you, I didn't really leave room for you or for me to be able to react so in all fairness the blame kinda lies on me there.

I came for qually with no laps done for the race in preparation, I had done some racing earlier today and thought that was enough to get to grips quick. Wrong. I used my setup from the WTCC league and before I figured out how to drive properly on Brands, Keith snatched pole with a great 33.1 grats man. I honestly realized how to drive the car properly on the last lap of my qually which ended premature since the session changed.

Race 1: Had the advantage vs Keith and proceeded to lead from first turn. It was close quarters for quite some laps then Keith started to drop on pace, either his tires performance dropped suddenly or he might have had an off. Was able to create a gap and kept it till the second last lap when I had the incident with Bill (sorry again mate). Drove home 3rd.

Race 2: Had an awesome start from 6th to 2nd. Followed Adam closely the first lap until he made a mistake which allowed me position and then tried to push for some decent pace to see what the car would do since I had not raced WTCC in a while. Best race lap of 33.2, a bit off my League pace but its been a long time. Grats to all who participated it was a quality event save for my lapse in concentration, cheers.

another great event. as i found out the hard way lack of sleeping time and too much work effects my driving ability :quiet:
first race was a bit boring until the last laps when i had a good fight with rob goldthorpe.yes rob i am the guy with no name :go-away: in the last laps i became too tired made stupid mustakes and then rob had a good pass on me.
btw i was amazed to see cristian haba 'i think' who started last and finished 1st .what a drive:beer:
race 2: by this time i was very tired. in my country the race time started at about midnight so i did not expect much' but what a race it turned out to be. after about 8 laps i had a very good fight with Lee Downham . realy fair and clean battle which lasted all the way to the end. at some point the cars betore us crashed and lee 'who passed me earlier hit them. i passed him again and then decided to let lee pass me again to make things even and more intresting/ after all we are hehre to race:laugh2:. then lee and i had a really awsome fight till the end.lee was pressing me real hard and in last lap i out broke my self 5 corners to the end. nice pass lee and it was a very good driving you did. :eat:
thanks for gary and rd for the event. see you all next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline