v34 Firmware for T300

Thrustmaster released a new firmware v34 for t300 wheels, which activates BOOST feature in the driver, something that claims to add 15% power in Constant and Spring forces.

I updated after v30, I stopped updating due to wheel base buttons not working with a custom rim, but now in v34 they work fine, and the FFB with the boost feature checked is noticeably improved.

Screenshot 2021-12-22 175332.jpg

The PC mode led is now Green, don't worry, it's normal.

Anyone with T300 I'd advise to check it out ;)

Last edited:
TS XW is still red LED on PC with new drivers.
And with Boost ON, I have to lower the FFB in-game considerably. With 75% overall in the control panel, I was already down to ~55 per car FFB in-game. This makes me drop it to 35-40.
What the hell is this setting? A virtual boost kit to compete with Fanatec :). Spring is at 0 but it is still so strong. Catching slides feels easier with it but for the rest I am still not sure.

I installed this driver and firmware package to my T500RS last night.
It fixed a condition wherein the indicator for the wheel rotation slider in Thrustmaster's control panel would momentarily skip when testing travel.
It was as if the encoder lost signal.
I think that condition was introduced in driver package 2021_TTRS_2.exe.
It also fixed the rapidly oscillating issue in AC which I posted on two days ago.

TS XW is still red LED on PC with new drivers.
And with Boost ON, I have to lower the FFB in-game considerably. With 75% overall in the control panel, I was already down to ~55 per car FFB in-game. This makes me drop it to 35-40.
What the hell is this setting? A virtual boost kit to compete with Fanatec :). Spring is at 0 but it is still so strong. Catching slides feels easier with it but for the rest I am still not sure.
Yep, the Green led applies only for t300.

Seems like TM gave a steroid boost in our aging bases. Not complaining, but hope they can cope with this extra power.

Anybody here have a resource with things like belt part number, brushes, bearings, etc...for TM products?
I'm thinking it may be time to take my wheel apart and overhaul it given it's daily use.
I picked up my current T500RS used in 2014 and it has been used weekly since then in some sim or other.

As it so happens, I just updated the drivers a week ago and the firmware two days ago.
After the firmware update, I did get the "Boost" setting as an extra but didn't use it. The led was still red though!
So now I checked and updated firmware again; now it is green :)

I just tried F1 2021 as I was playing that the past week with a mate. Using the same game made me able to compare.
What I noticed was a lot of centering force!
Also, as been said here; you can feel the oversteer more. However, although I agree, I seem to feel it just a tad later, making it harder to catch.
Anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

Last thing I noticed; the fan is on "automatic" and normally (depending on track) it goes on in about 15 minutes. Now, it turned on right the second lap!
Although; after a 20 min drive, the wheel did not get warm on top.
So; due to the extra force it gets hotter quicker, or: the firmware lets the fan go on earlier?

• Deleted member 1066209

Has anyone experienced any FFB fading with the new BOOST feature? As much as I would love to boost my wheelbase, I would much rather avoid any fading of FFB in order to prolong the life of my T300.

I just updated my thrustmaster TX servo base and quickly tested a few titles with some mixed results.
In iRacing...holly molly it is like a completely new wheel and feels great!
I justed lowered the ffb gain and min force a few clicks
Already posted 2 PB's by nearly a full second :)

AMS2...I didn't like at all and drowns out the tire detail and just feels heavy...even after lowering the ffb from 75%-50% didn't help much, so finding a good balanced feel continues.....10yrs running, dating back to PC1.

Later this evening I'll give ACC and Horizons 5 ago, reading on other forms I've read mostly positive feedback in ACC with boost enabled.
Horizon 5 I'll be happy if it enhances road feedback, off-road already felt pretty good.

Edit:. Forza horizon 5 felt much better too

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced any FFB fading with the new BOOST feature? As much as I would love to boost my wheelbase, I would much rather avoid any fading of FFB in order to prolong the life of my T300.
I can't confirm any fade yet with the new update....but for what it's worth, I've been running 100% all settings in the TM Profile since they added the manual enable fan option several yrs back and have had zero issues with fade. Prior to that update I experienced fade quite a bit after an hr of racing.
Now I just manually enable the fan before launching a game.

Enabling the boost option feels like setting the FFB strength to 150%, it's much stronger. But it makes my wheel rattle a bit in the center position, maybe it's the belt 'flapping'. The wheel also feels very light when it is centered. Mixed feelings so far. I need to do some more testing and play with the settings a bit.

I have a TX, of course the program on the PC is the same and I updated it so to have the boost function. I am not that great of a simracer to be able to see the subtle differences, though it's real that at the same settings the wheel now feels much powerful.
I saw that the new firmware in @paokkerkir image is the 34 and he told it's the latest one. For anyone having a TX, the latest firmware is the 58. I had the 56 and I realized I hadn't the latest version.

Time to check again the wheel's functioning..

I am not sure if this boost is meant for us. Maybe Thrustmaster will release a direct drive like csl dd with an additional boost kit and those who have that will enable this feature.
All I can feel is that enabling it shifted my forces and even though I feel I am clipping... the FFB meter says no. If I was running 70 in CP, with the boost I have to lower it in the mid-40s to get a good feeling. I am not using it anymore. Maybe some insight into what it changes might come to light in the future.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this boost is meant for us.
1641262439751.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for me, firmware V32 or higher introduces a weird FFB effect, where almost constantly it feels like the belts are over tightened & they create a lot of "buzzing" vibrations while driving which gets annoying quite quickly. Does someone else experience the same thing? Only solution is to rollback to earlier firmware

I just updated my thrustmaster TX servo base and quickly tested a few titles with some mixed results.
In iRacing...holly molly it is like a completely new wheel and feels great!
I justed lowered the ffb gain and min force a few clicks
Already posted 2 PB's by nearly a full second :)

AMS2...I didn't like at all and drowns out the tire detail and just feels heavy...even after lowering the ffb from 75%-50% didn't help much, so finding a good balanced feel continues.....10yrs running, dating back to PC1.

Later this evening I'll give ACC and Horizons 5 ago, reading on other forms I've read mostly positive feedback in ACC with boost enabled.
Horizon 5 I'll be happy if it enhances road feedback, off-road already felt pretty good.

Edit:. Forza horizon 5 felt much better too
you need to turn down in game power settings or else its going to clip and make all the detail drown out. With boost on you need to lower FFB in game to like 35 % . There you will notice the improvements otherwise yea boost with too high of ingame FFB is going to kill your motor.

View attachment 529952

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for me, firmware V32 or higher introduces a weird FFB effect, where almost constantly it feels like the belts are over tightened & they create a lot of "buzzing" vibrations while driving which gets annoying quite quickly. Does someone else experience the same thing? Only solution is to rollback to earlier firmware
The buzzing is caused most probably by Clipping if you are running the FFB settings in game too high. If you turn into a corner and it feels heavy/numb and buzzing you can rest assured your force feedback is clipping and you are loosing detail.
Lower your in game power settings for each game down to 35% if you are using boost mode.

This post is for future reference for those of you tuning your wheels force feedback and aren't sure what to be looking for in settings and or what kind of performance capabilities to expect out of your Thrustmaster T300 rs.
To start put All settings up to 100% in the Thrustmaster control panel in windows, Then you can tune your Force feedback per game accordingly. The best way is to drive a track you know and do a few laps, start with a low value of 20% Force Feedback,
then slowly increase that value by 5 or 10% until you feel that you are loosing detail when you corner into a turn. It will feel like the steering wheel gets heavy and numb with a constant buzz.

When this happens you will know you reached the limit of what the T300rs wants to give you in terms of performance.
If you want more power after that you will need to upgrade to a their bigger models like the TSPC racer or a stronger wheel base such as a direct drive.

When tuned properly the T300rs has plenty of power so dont think that a value of 30% or 40% is low as in game settings go.

My current settings with the new boost setting in
Assetto corsa competizione is 35% Over all strength
Assetto Corsa Original is 35%
Dirt 2.0 is 20% on all its force feed back settings
American truck simulator I also turned it way down but i dont remember my setting this second lol.
I haven't gotten around to trying other sims with the new firmware as of me typing this but it seems that moving foward
the FFB setting with the t300rs so long as you have the boost setting on you will be looking at lower in game FFB values
than you are probably used to if you have had the wheel base for a while.
I think the boost was a great upgrade and in my opinion the forces you get are stronger and way more consistent than before making it a more enjoyable experience.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%