V3 Pedals help !!!

So I got v3 but when I connect the pedals usb to pc and then the rj12 from Pedals to jack marked pedals in back of wheel base they don’t register?? What am I doing wrong ?

I’m so confused here’s how I have it now I have usb from the pedals to the pc and then I have usb from wheel base to pc ? Is this the best way ? Is this correct?

There is no best way, it depends on what you want.

Connect pedals to wheel base with RJ12 cable if:
  • If you want to control the brake force settings (how hard you need to press brakes to get 100% braking) using the menu on the steering wheel.
  • If you prefer to use 1 USB port on your PC instead of 2.
  • If you want your pedals to also disconnect when you are not using your wheel.
  • If you also use your wheel and pedals with a console (PS4, Xbox One). This will make switching easier.

Connect pedals to PC using USB cable if:
  • If you want to get pedal vibration effects in more games using programs like FanaLEDs or SLIMax (I believe only Raceroom has native support of pedal vibration).
  • If you want the pedals to stay connected even when your wheel base is off.

The resolution does not change, you get full resolution with either option.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is no best way, it depends on what you want.

Connect pedals to wheel base with RJ12 cable if:
  • If you want to control the brake force settings (how hard you need to press brakes to get 100% braking) using the menu on the steering wheel.
  • If you prefer to use 1 USB port on your PC instead of 2.
  • If you want your pedals to also disconnect when you are not using your wheel.
  • If you also use your wheel and pedals with a console (PS4, Xbox One). This will make switching easier.

Connect pedals to PC using USB cable if:
  • If you want to get pedal vibration effects in more games using programs like FanaLEDs or SLIMax (I believe only Raceroom has native support of pedal vibration).
  • If you want the pedals to stay connected even when your wheel base is off.

The resolution does not change, you get full resolution with either option.
Awesome thanks so much to you and everyone

@patchedupdemon if I said something you disagree with, please offer up a correction for what I said...or at least point out which part was incorrect.
The resolution does not change, you get full resolution with either option

This is false, you get the full 16bit resolution only when you plug the pedals in via USB to pc, you get 10 or 12bits if you connect the other way

Just for you @Sean Smith this was a discussion on the fanatec forum with one of the fanatec emplyees

Grimey, allow me to correct you on the bits (and possibly on each pedal set's bits depending on connection type) and correctly answer Franciso's question. This thread is quite active and I'm therefore very surprised no one has corrected this...

8 bits = 256 steps
10 bits = 1024 steps
12 bits = 4096 steps

CSP v2:
8 bits = plugged into the wheel
10 bits = plugged direct to PC

CSP v3
10 bits = plugged into wheel
12 bits = plugged directly to PC

This is false, you get the full 16bit resolution only when you plug the pedals in via USB to pc, you get 10 or 12bits if you connect the other way

1. V3 and V3 inverted pedals go up to 12-bit (or 4096 values), there are no stock 16-bit Fanatec pedals.
  2. I took a leap of faith assuming the OP is more than likely not using one of the really older Fanatec wheel bases (Like the CSR or the several Porsche Wheel bases)...connecting to those gives you only 8-bit. Connecting to any Podium, CSW or CSL Bases (a.k.a any Fanatec wheel base made since the original CSW v1) gives you the same resolution as USB: 12-bit. If he is using one of the old wheel bases then fine, there's a difference.

Just for you @Sean Smith this was a discussion on the fanatec forum with one of the fanatec emplyees

Grimey, allow me to correct you on the bits (and possibly on each pedal set's bits depending on connection type) and correctly answer Franciso's question. This thread is quite active and I'm therefore very surprised no one has corrected this...

8 bits = 256 steps
10 bits = 1024 steps
12 bits = 4096 steps

CSP v2:
8 bits = plugged into the wheel
10 bits = plugged direct to PC

CSP v3
10 bits = plugged into wheel
12 bits = plugged directly to PC

Hmm, then that information is in direct contradiction with the V3 pedals' page on the Fanatec website, quoted below:

Special Notes
  • Please note that the vibration function on gas and brake is not supported by all games. On PC it can be implemented with plug ins to our driver / third party software if the games sends the telemetry data.
  • Max resolution depending on the connection:
    • through PWT / PWTS / CSR / CSR Elite wheel: 8 bit (256 values) on all axes
    • through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CS WB V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes
    • USB direct connection (PC): 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes

Nowhere does it say 10 bit, so either the public website is lying or the Fanatec employee has his info mixed up.

Hmm, then that information is in direct contradiction with the V3 pedals' page on the Fanatec website, quoted below:
It was definitely the case inc2015, maybe something has changed since then

Special Notes
  • Please note that the vibration function on gas and brake is not supported by all games. On PC it can be implemented with plug ins to our driver / third party software if the games sends the telemetry data.
  • Max resolution depending on the connection:
    • through PWT / PWTS / CSR / CSR Elite wheel: 8 bit (256 values) on all axes
    • through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CS WB V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes
    • USB direct connection (PC): 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes

Nowhere does it say 10 bit, so either the public website is lying or the Fanatec employee has his info mixed up.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%