V4 Reshade.ini better colors AMS 2

Other V4 Reshade.ini better colors AMS 2 V4

Login or Register an account to download this content
i believe the install is as simple as it says...unzip it, then copy the folder called reshade-shaders into your .....\common\automobilista2 folder (so you now have a new folder along with the others..."Audio", "GUI", "Languages" etc
Then copy the INI file into the automobilista2 folder as well (not into the reshade-shaders folder)
I think thats how it works !

Can somebody help here with the installation process? I believe I did miss something in the process... can't find reshade 4.7.0 but 4.8.0, run the installation, choose direct9,11,12 api and did not selected any package after that...copied the zip files into ams2 folder but nothing happens after the tutorial of reshade...

Mikk Schleifer updated Reshade.ini better colors AMS 2 with a new update entry:

Reshade.ini better colors AMS 2 V2 Night working

Edited some reshadefilters to cleanup the colors, no markable hit on FPS,
try out and have fun:)

Install latest Reshade 4.9.1 and extract/overwrite in Gamefolder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2

Update V2.0
Adjusted contrast and sharpness for working at night driving too
If it's still to dark on your sight, just edit gamma slider in tonemap.

Check out the pics and latest video according uploading
on https://www.youtube.com/c/MikkQUICKMIKK/videos...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The 2.0 version requires a shader called "ContrastStretch.fx", which seems very obscure (found it in the "Insane-Shaders" collection).
Any reason for this?

Hey mate, in those screenshots which is with Reshade and which is default? Also, after installing is it easy to revert to default if i don't like it?

It should work, but since this preset was specifically made for AMS 2 it may look very wrong for rF2.
Using the latest version of Reshade is normally preferable, just make sure you install the right shaders.
Clarity, ColorMatrix, LumaSharpen and Tonemap are in the Legacy Standard Effects package, ContrastStretch is in Insane-Shaders.
I wouldn't suggest installing all shaders if you're only using a few.

When I open the .zip file, the .ini file inside is still dated 16/01/21, the same as the older version. On doing a Compare this file is identical to the one dated 2021. Has the wrong file been uploaded here? Thanks for your time.

@Marco
@mike
If you use OpenXR instead of SteamVR and the Tool for OpenXR, you can change everything like colour, contrast, brightness, shadows in fine steps, works great, I raised up contrast to 100% and everything looks nice now, like in ACC. Additional you can use CAS-Sharpening, too, which makes the image even crispier. I dont think that all I mentioned has impact on fps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back