GT5 v1.11/v1.12 Patches *Released*

Kaz is at it again on Twitter. He has said that the v1.11 patch will be released on 30th August, possibly a day earlier for the North American region. The only clue as to what the update contains is that the infamous 'out of memory' bug that has plagued some users since launch should be eliminated. He has however confirmed that there will be no new features or content with this patch. He says to expect another feature/content update in September or October.

All I can say is that I hope the memory bug isn't the only bug the patch fixes...

so what has the update done then?

Who knows? The one and only 'official' comment on this patch comes from the game itself:

The main contents of the update are as follows:

- Fixes for some minor issues.

What exactly do they consider to be 'minor issues'? Kaz said the memory bug was being fixed in this one... that's a pretty major issue for everyone that experienced it, since it prevented them from playing the game at all.

Would it really kill them to assign some kid on work experience to post a list of what has actually been fixed? The lack of communication from PD is a joke. Not bothering to tell us about what they're working on in terms of patches and DLCs is bad enough, but not even telling us what has been fixed after a patch has gone live is just ludicrous.

I've found a 'feature' of the v1.11 patch. However, it isn't a bug fix... they've broken something instead. You can no longer adjust the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) on FF cars. It's not because the options are locked, but is instead because you can no longer select them with your cursor. FR/RR/4WD cars are not affected.

Way to go PD. Excellent quality control. :bad:

Kaz said the memory bug was being fixed in this one... that's a pretty major issue for everyone that experienced it, since it prevented them from playing the game at all.

I consider myself lucky not to be affected by that ,it is baffling how they have ended breaking the LSD. Also i do agree that lack communication is almost useless, when there is communication it's pointless.

We have another patch less than a week after the last one... v1.12:

The main contents of the update are as follows:

- Fixes for some minor issues

Now where have I heard that before? :rolleyes: One confirmed fix (I just tried it) is that... you can now adjust LSDs on FF cars! Woot.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 236 13.4%