v0.8.0.3 is ready

I'm pretty sure that feature already exists. I haven't actually used it, so the following is based on what I think you should do:
In XPacker, add a number of objects individually (e.g. a trunk and a few branches), then select the trunk, click the Child Objects tab*, and add the branches objects, setting the birth chance to something less than 100.

You can also add the low-poly version, and the shadow object, in there (birth chance: 100).

*edit: not quite right, see below.

I don't think BTB is dead. We all know why development is not as fast as it used to be. But i do believe RX plugin is final and will not be updated anymore :( Really hate the idea to move on to max and finalize the RBR track there. I rather stop or wait new sim what have full support. Many RBR trackmakers are moved on to "BTB->max" though.

Yes, of course. I am one of these. RBR original format is more realistic and faster than with RX, of course making in max is slower. But starting with terrain and track made with BTB is surely a great tip!

In XPacker, add a number of objects individually (e.g. a trunk and a few branches), then select the trunk, click the Child Objects tab, and add the branches objects, setting the birth chance to something less than 100.
Having now made a few complex objects I should say that the above is not quite right. After adding the individual parts as objects, you then click the Add Complex button. In the complex object's Child Objects tab, add in the individual parts.

middle mouse

Hello.
I have a strange problem with BTB 0.8.0.3, mouse wheel click does not work.
I tried out BTB 0.8.0.1 when it was released and everything worked fine. Now i wanted to try out version 0.8.0.3 to see what changed, but regognized a strange mistake (don't think it is a bug, because other people don't seem to have this problem). I can't move the view while holding down the mouse wheel (or third mouse button). Strange thing is that i can scroll using the wheel. I just can't move the view over the landscape / track.
Any suggestions? Thanks anyways.

note:
I'm using Windows 7 (i know it is not officially supported), but version 0.8.0.1 worked fine without any problems.

of course making in max is slower. But starting with terrain and track made with BTB is surely a great tip!
no it isn´t. If you want same result,have same base (objects textures), have right tools and more than base skill for max, it is easier and faster to do in max. Only the regular suare polygone problem and converting/remapping takes much time at the end. other point, S0 objects or grouped objects makes some trouble later. At this time, with 4 panel limitation and no direct to max export (with groundmesh mapping) only max work will faster and easier (you must skilled in on 3d builder program, not in both)

the only problem is to learn 3dsmax, its not easy to understand. on btb it´s more easy to start and you get fast result (but HQ tracks need´s much more skill on BTB and much more time too)

last BTB update was one year ago, for me there are missing some importaint functions, so i will work only with max in future

Lamda

Still, BTB is pretty useful for me as doing a fantasy track require lot of testing in-game to recreate what you exactly have in mind and, BTB is much faster for doing that (exporting). What i've done now is that I've completed my track elevation and profile in BTB, then I exported to max, and now, I'm modelling the road with max over this reference road created in BTB. I think the result of roads created with max looks more smooth, and also bumps, potholes, etc.

Hi all i have few ? one is i have created my track and i am ready for the sponsers and sings to go up.
I am having dramas say i downloaded a xpack and it can be used with rf so no drama there koz they work say i wont to change the sign with one of my sponser. It seems to give me a error msg what is the correct way to change sponser to add ponsers and also change textures or materails n how and what u ment to do if anyone can help me or even give me hand on making a xpack up i have xfire and also team speak and if some one can help as i am noob but so love this program

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%