EDIT:
Solved!
-It was it seems a Direct X problem

Attachments

• btb.JPG
    btb.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 265
Piddy -

You are so productive with new releases that I find I am consistently one version behind whenever I'm ready to work on the next stage of my rFactor projects. Behind by a full version, not just the minor versions.

Thanks for the continual refinements and may I never catch up with your updates!

Thanks Emery; so just for you I decided to make a new patch. ;)

v0.8.0.3 is out with a few fixes :

· Grid/Pit Positions in BTB needed to be displayed behind rather than centered on the position so as to reflect in game positions accurately.
· Curvature of the Earth influence removed from the Longitude/Latitude GPS import.
· AIW corridor paths not using correct Roll value.

Thanks a lot for your updates, but maybe I can be tedious.
Any new about adding more than only 4 terrain panels?
Cheers,
A.

Piddy, maybe you can be aware of the following : why not type in the panel length the actual size of theses polygons in meter rather than the distance that separate them from the road? It makes confusion because we need to add length of the previous polygons sizes to other panels, and sometimes it gets boring when you have decimals.

Thanks a lot for your quick updates :good:

Cheers! ;)

i added this here too. has we seem to get a problem when cars pass the pitin marker, in the pit lane is there a way we can added the special speedlimiter waypoint,so that the cars passing the pits see the flashing amber lights.not a yellow flag.also the pit out amber flashes once when the car hits the xfinish sector and that it, without the special aiw speedlimiter on marker,

I haven't had much time to spend with 0.8 until now and to be honest I am somewhat disappointed with the usability. The whole gui with its cahnges just feels like it has buttons missing and everything is just made difficult on some aspects. I don't want to complain for small things but I must say I'm seriously thinking about going back into 0.7 because it is just faster and easier to use.

Like the wall tool. It was just fine as it was. Now it is a lot worse to use. I have no idea how you move the wall shape (how you move the point along the wall where the texture/3d changes), how you even change texture for those parts. Or with the road surface tool. I've checked the help, there is no mention how to do it. In earlier versions it was easy to do those things once you knew how to do it. Btb has never been intuitive to use but it has always been easy to use and memorize once you "get the idea how the features work". Just watch the video tutorial and off you go with only your imagination your limit. With 0.8 this is no more. The new system relies way too much into using keyboard shortcuts. And in usability it feels like a step back from 0.7.

I've really liked brb, how it has progressed and what you can do with it. And I still do. How easy it is to use and how you quickly and efficiently you can get a track loaded into a sim. It is an awesome piece of software! All this being said I probably go back to 0.7 and use 0.8 only for the ai stuff once my track gets to that point.

To put it bluntly I very much dislike every gui change that has been made between 0.7 and 0.8.

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism.

• Fatboymart

I haven't had much time to spend with 0.8 until now and to be honest I am somewhat disappointed with the usability. The whole gui with its cahnges just feels like it has buttons missing and everything is just made difficult on some aspects. I don't want to complain for small things but I must say I'm seriously thinking about going back into 0.7 because it is just faster and easier to use.

Like the wall tool. It was just fine as it was. Now it is a lot worse to use. I have no idea how you move the wall shape (how you move the point along the wall where the texture/3d changes), how you even change texture for those parts. Or with the road surface tool. I've checked the help, there is no mention how to do it. In earlier versions it was easy to do those things once you knew how to do it. Btb has never been intuitive to use but it has always been easy to use and memorize once you "get the idea how the features work". Just watch the video tutorial and off you go with only your imagination your limit. With 0.8 this is no more. The new system relies way too much into using keyboard shortcuts. And in usability it feels like a step back from 0.7.

I've really liked brb, how it has progressed and what you can do with it. And I still do. How easy it is to use and how you quickly and efficiently you can get a track loaded into a sim. It is an awesome piece of software! All this being said I probably go back to 0.7 and use 0.8 only for the ai stuff once my track gets to that point.

To put it bluntly I very much dislike every gui change that has been made between 0.7 and 0.8.

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism.

Hi Ghoults

I too found the tools strange at first. I’m not a lover of change as I don’t have much time to adapt to new things. But I do believe the changes made will grow on you as they have done so for me.

Just wait till Piddy releases BTB in 3D – whoops that’s the rumour mill started then

:)

have no idea how you move the wall shape (how you move the point along the wall where the texture/3d changes)
Select the cross-section in the 3d view, hold down M then click and drag.
(also, Ctrl-click in the 3d view to add a new cross-section)

how you even change texture for those parts.
For the cross-section, select the Set Material box. You can either click on the 2d cross-section view or on the 3d view, and the panels will highlight. In the 2d cross-section view, right-click and a menu comes up. From there I think it's fairly self-explanatory.

When editing a shape, in the 3d view you can hold down X to limit the point movement to horizontal, and Y to limit it to vertical.

The road surfaces are done in pretty much the same way.

I also didn't like the changes at first. I understood why the new ways of doing things were implemented, but I must admit my confusion over why the old methods (e.g. material changing) were removed. However, once I started trying to merge two tracks with different slopes, cambers and widths, I found myself liking the new ways and casting the old ways into an abyss.

Hello!
I always have some problems whith my tracks in GTR2.
1. The startlight (green) is not syncronizzed whith a startmoment. I mean, when I start by green light it gives me 10 seconds pit stop for false start.
The other cars dont start by green light, they wate some seconds befor start.
2. The safety car is never in the right place where I put it in BTB.
3. By pressing E sometimes the car dont move correctly on the Track .
I have search for this problems here in the forum, but I have find nothing.
can someone help me please to fix this problems!?
Thank you ! and sorry for my English! Franky. (frasie)

Just wait till Piddy releases BTB in 3D

Actually I'm very afraid. The 3d editing is slower and less precise than what you can do in 2d. I seriously hope that some of those great 2d editing tools are brought back because they were efficient to use and you could precisely and quickly do what you wanted, experimenting and quickly doing lots of changes. With 3d editing it's a hassle tbh..

Select the cross-section in the 3d view, hold down M then click and drag.
(also, Ctrl-click in the 3d view to add a new cross-section)

Compared to the old method that is super slow. Basically it makes it impossible and frustrating to experiment with things.

I also didn't like the changes at first. I understood why the new ways of doing things were implemented, but I must admit my confusion over why the old methods (e.g. material changing) were removed. However, once I started trying to merge two tracks with different slopes, cambers and widths, I found myself liking the new ways and casting the old ways into an abyss.

It's not that I don't like learning to make things new way or just dislike changing anything with the way I do my stuff in btb. It is just that I find the new gui a lot slower and frustrating to use. It has no new features, it is just different.

But as I said earlier, I hope this taken as constructive criticism. I hope the 0.7 gui comes back or the 0.8 gets redone or something. That may be wishful thinking but since 0.8 and 0.7 are quite similar there is not much problems I can foresee using an two difference versions. It may become a problem when 0.9 comes but that's just all about 0.7 and 0.9 being compatible :).

Have someone solved export problem named? "SColNodeEx :: DumpNode failed!"
That appears when track is loaded from RBR, then when grey screen appears.

I chage only one thing. I have add in project, only one short wall and after that error appears. When i next try to load track in RBR.

I test same stage what i have change last time yesturday. That works without problem. Today i have resave yesturday project by save as to another name. Then add new wall and then come stop during loading.

Can anyone help?

Using the last version (I updated because with BTB0.7.0.4 I got the same problem) I am getting a lot of "SColNodeEx::Split failed!" messages when trying to play an RBR exported track. Export procedure completes without errors but when opening the track this error messages appear line after line on the screen and RBR window closes.

The whole BTB project can be downloaded from:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojyuwa

is this proplem solved?? i have now same proplem:bulgy-eyes:

It's your walls I think. I had the same problems, when I was building walls the flatten out to the end of it. I did not solve this yet, so I build walls that do not flatten out and then it works for me. But I am just testing, would like to know how to really solve this problem, too. But should be postet elsewhere...:bulgy-eyes:?

I have same problem, but it's not because of walls - I don't have such so far. I tried to erase track pieces one by one and problem was with one of track crossroads (I have several tracks combined in one). Problem appeared when I started to fine tune road profile to get smooth transition from one road to another. But even if I afterward delete those modified road profiles - nothing happens... same error, only when I deleted whole track piece - problem disappear ...

Is there any specific thing what NOT TO DO with those nodes ?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for the question, but
i miss the option to freeze an object in the 3D window, when
placing other Objects around so not to move them accidentaly.
It is important to see them, so unhide is not an option here.
I do different LOD from one Object, they must be on the same
position as close as possible, its kinda hard without freeze one object.

The other thing is rotating Objects, it would be a great help
to block some axes and let only rotate on one axis, lets say Z.
To often i hit the wrong axis, then its undo and again Zzzz ;)

ok thats all from me now,

Regards
Nedo

...so is there some answer on "SColNodeEx::Split failed" error - what is causing it and what not to do with nodes .... or this is "questions without answers only" topic....?

Otherwise you spend hours on adjusting track nodes.... and result is error :smash:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%