v0.7.9.0 Beta testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hi Guys,

Beta testing of the next version will start very soon. If you wish to participate, please read on.

Preparation

BACKUP - You should be doing this anyway, but make sure you backup your project before using the new BETA version. I test this on my own projects first but it still pays to be safe.

If you wish to keep your current version of BTB running, make a copy (do not just rename the current one) of the folder and name it something obvious like BobsTrackBuilderv0_7_0_6.

Uninstall BTB v0.7.0.6.

Installation

Download here --> http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Download and install as usual. Copy your existing license to the folder.

Known Issues

- Opening Materials window causes error : still waitying for more feedback on this from people experiencing the problem.
- AIW paths are messed up in some circumstances : fix in progress.

Reporting Problems

Only report problems with the Beta here. This is not a thread for "what I want to see .." ideas.

Please check the manual (press F1) first before asking for help.

When sending me a project please zip the entire contents of your project (eg. The entire folder C:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects\My Project). You could omit and XPack.zip files that are the standard ones downloaded from the BTB website.

Changes

Check out the videos in this thread to see the major changes ...
http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/20052-progress-update-aiw-editing-video.html
http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/18599-progress-report.html

Added/Changed
• Cross-sections
- Editing of cross-section for track and walls now performed through the 3d window, although 2d window can still be used.
- Added Cross-section template support to XPacker. Different shaped roads and walls can be defined in an XPack allowing the BTB user to quickly use a standard shape.
- In BTB Right-click to open the popup menu and select a new cross-section template when editing the track or walls. (Tip: in the 3d view the opening of the popup menu is delayed because the right mouse is used for looking around. To have it open immediately you can right-click-left-click).
- Copy/Paste of cross-section shape and materials.
- Sped up track cross-section editing with huge improvements for large tracks with lots of objects.
• XPacker - Added ability to categorise Materials so that some are not shown in some windows. Eg. Materials applicable to Objects are not show in Track’s Material selection.
• Material selection now performed through popup window instead of always being in the surface/wall window.
• Insertion of Track Nodes performed by holding the Control key when you click on the Track (instead of having a separate tool).
• Road edge transition now a straight line instead of the smoothed interpolation used for height shape transition.
• Objects, when in rotation edit mode, can be rotated by holding the Y key instead of clicking the circles. X and Z can also be used for other axis but Y will be most popular since it controls the Yaw.
• Old method of creating Driveline made with a lot of points is now replaced by new Curve method.
• AIW editing allows adding/editing of:
- Centreline path
- Pitlane path
- Fast path
- Corridors
- Grid / Teleport positions can be attached to Centerline or moved independently.
- Garage / Pit positions can be attached to the pitlane or moved independently.
• Drag Pacenotes around by clicking on them instead of grabbing them by their balls.
• Positioning of everything (Cambers, widths, cross-section surfaces) along the track made more accurate. This also applies to walls.
• Evo export lowered to make horizon start at a better position.

Fixed:
• SObjects not being named when created.
• Alpha textured objects were not receiving light in rF, and Evo games.
• Rotation/resizing whole track was not affecting the SObjects.
• Bug in terrain Fill (under some circumstances).
• Crash when Projects folder is deleted by user and then BTB started.

As stated in the video I do not intend to support every possible AI feature, oinly the basics needed to get working AI paths. If you wish to add/edit the AI futher I suggest you use one or more of the tools here ... http://forum.racedepartment.com/bob...-beginners-guide-making-rfactor-aiw-file.html

Licence

Says trial period expired, is a new version due out soon? The Licence for the normal version is still good.
BTW: I copied BTB Pro and evo before installing the Betas, as I have done for previous betas, but the 0.7.6 version looks to the 0.7.9 beta projects directory for project files. How do you make it point to the correct directory? I've looked for a config file.

BTB 0.7.9 has been working very well for me except for a few small issues that I've reported prevoiusly.

license expiration on BETA

Greetings All

I have a registered copy of BTB 0.7.0.6 and have downloaded and installed the BETA version, Is it reasonable to assume that once the TRIAL period for BETA expires that version 0.7.0.9 Beta is no longer useable and one must revert to prior version?

Thanking you in advance

Peeta

Started to get ScolNodeEx::Split Failed error when trying to load the track in RBR. Really don't know what's causing it, I thought it was the terrain I added, but removing the terraing parts didn't help. What's that error message for? One thing what comes to mind is that I made several copies of a long track then erased different parts from each copy, dividing the long track into 5 parts. Perhaps that's causing the error.

I have problem with textures. Material has different scale when using it as primary material and blending same material with other material. Can use material as only primary material or only for blending. Looks like bug to me or i missed something.

Greetings All

I have a registered copy of BTB 0.7.0.6 and have downloaded and installed the BETA version, Is it reasonable to assume that once the TRIAL period for BETA expires that version 0.7.0.9 Beta is no longer useable and one must revert to prior version?

Thanking you in advance

Peeta

I have the same problem. And I cannot work on my v7.9.0 Projects which is sad, because I have done much improvements on my projects compared to the old v.7.6 projects.

• igy4igy

Beta v0.7.9.0 AIW working fine for rFactor, but does not for GTR2...

It look that will be so easy to create basic AIW, but I am worried with this GTR2, RACE07 and GTRevolution AIW...

I have tried with original rFactor AIW editor, and work perfect like BTBpro AIW, but with RACE07, GTR2 does not work at all... Hm...

How you guys can use rFactor AIW for GTR2 or RACE07, do you convert some things or? Any link on P.M. for GTR2 or RACE07 aiw editor...

Can`t wait for new update! I believe it will be stable AIW for GTR2 and RACE 07

Cheers :good:

material replace on WALLS:

added a wall with standard texture, the click replace materials ,causes a crashes. repeat twice so far both attempts crashed.

I still can't replicate this (or when replacing a material on the road).

If anyone is having this problem could they please list what operating system you are using. I am beginning to think this is a Vista issue.

well i sorted it with 3dsimed and it works.i also think this is a vista problem.
has some of the textures are getting small and wrapsaround.instead of the larger texture.i asked dave.n to looking into the blend option again,has he didn't relise the jpg format was supported by rfactor.i;ve also tryed bmp,and targa fomats.with the same results.failed to find grass55 material for blah...blah.object.(which is the blended background texture). the objects problem i just converted them to dds(dxt1 no alpha)and they turned black.?

• Travlar

AIW - Fast Line

First time poster. (Hoots and whistles!)

Ok. So I am using the Beta and I have an issue. It seems that something is going on with the fast line. Whenever I have a curve that is close to another section of track, it seems that the "nodes" jump across the sections of tracks.

This causes havoc with the AI when they get to that section in the track as the vehicle first jogs left and then right and finally will go around in a circle if you do not intervene.

I loaded my track into rFactor and using the dev tools, I made the fast line visible and then went to that section of track. The line is perfect up until 2 sections of track come close to each other in a hair-pin turn. I can physically see where the line makes a hard 90 turn and hooks to a point in the section of track across the way. The line will travel for 5-20 feet, make another 90 degree turn and hook back to the original section of track about 30-40 feet away from where the first 90 turn occured. The line laid down does not show this in BTB. In BTB, it follows the curve perfectly.

This zig-zag pattern will repeat itself throughout the course of the turn and once the track straightens out, the line becomes stable again.

This only happens in hair-pin turns, otherwise the fast line is perfect. This zig-zag can be seen in a normal run of rFactor as shadow lines zigging and zagging across the road and sometimes will create artifacts across the ground.

I attempted to take some screen shots to attach to my post, but for some reason I can not take a screen shot using rFactor or a CTRL-Print Screen.

I have tried several different methods to solve this issue. I have put walls up between the close sections of track and cleared all AI data and reset it with no luck. The track I am currently working on is over 8k meters for the main track with a 6 track total running configuration. I thought the length of the track might have been the issue. I made a 2k meter track with 2 hair-pin turns and both turns created the zig-zag issue with the fast line.

If anyone has found a work-a-round for this, please share the fix. Otherwise, I hope that Brendon can advise if this is an issue he can fix.

Thanks all and happy motoring!

same problem

I suspect that is the same problem as I have with XP and Nvidia 9400​
I found the solution. Im going to try explain with my rudimentary English.

You can fix that bug with AIW editor. You should to save your work and open the AIW in the AIW Editor.

The problematic corner looks something like this:

You can fix manually to set the wrong points to 0 like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%